PDA

View Full Version : Harden perfect thru 5

bridgeportcopper
08-11-2009, 09:35 PM
Awesome, as I was typing this, walk, then 2 batters later, Rollins homerun. Perfecto - gone, no-no - gone, shutout - gone, lead - gone. I guess there is something to this jinx thing, in this case, happy to do the honors.

SoxGirl4Life
08-11-2009, 09:35 PM
I heard Rich Harden had a perfect game in the 6th and I turned it on right after the first out.

He walked the next guy, and gave up a two run bomb to Rollins after the second out.

I'm sorry

JohnTucker0814
08-11-2009, 09:36 PM
Classy... :scratch:

oeo
08-11-2009, 09:40 PM
Classy... :scratch:

'Jinxing' (no such thing) a perfect game shows no class? :rolleyes:

bridgeportcopper
08-11-2009, 09:41 PM
Yeah, please breathe Tucker, didn't know you were such a Harden fan.

Shoeless_Jeff
08-11-2009, 09:55 PM
I was glad to see it get busted up.

VeeckAsInWreck
08-11-2009, 09:57 PM
Harden wouldn't have a shot at it. He'd probably reach his pitch limit by the 7th inning.

thomas35forever
08-11-2009, 10:44 PM
If Harden had done it, Buehrle's perfecto would've been buried in the back of the minds of Chicago sportswriters.

JohnTucker0814
08-11-2009, 10:47 PM
Yeah, please breathe Tucker, didn't know you were such a Harden fan.

Not a Harden fan or Cubs fan... but seeing how people reacted to Buehrle's perfecto you'd think our fans would be a little more classy about other guys throwing them! It's a piece of baseball history and unless it's being thrown against your team, you should be rooting to see it accomplished! JMO

WizardsofOzzie
08-12-2009, 12:41 AM
Harden wouldn't have a shot at it. He'd probably reach his pitch limit by the 7th inning.

I don't think that needs teal. The last time Harden went more than 7 innings was June 26th, 2008.

oeo
08-12-2009, 12:49 AM
Not a Harden fan or Cubs fan... but seeing how people reacted to Buehrle's perfecto you'd think our fans would be a little more classy about other guys throwing them! It's a piece of baseball history and unless it's being thrown against your team, you should be rooting to see it accomplished! JMO

Once again, what does class have to do with anything? No class would be saying you hoped he left the game with a serious injury.

TDog
08-12-2009, 04:10 AM

Still, a perfect game through five innings isn't far enough along to get excited about. Well, it was the last time Mark Buehrle had a perfect game through five because he had just pitched a perfect game and no major league pitcher had ever followed up a perfect game with five perfect innings in another game.

SOXfnNlansing
08-12-2009, 06:48 PM
I knew he'd blow it and the cubs would lose. It was actually fun to see it unfold the way it did. I didn't watch the end of the game, but it was nice seeing the score on the back of the Suntimes.

SOXSINCE'70
08-12-2009, 06:50 PM
It's great to see Ben Francisco do damage against another Chicago team.:D:

bridgeportcopper
08-12-2009, 09:18 PM

a perfect game is magical, and by no means do i want to see ANYTHING magical accomplished by a Cub.