PDA

View Full Version : So, Thinking Next year...

Zisk77
08-11-2009, 12:06 PM
Our roster could look like this:

Rotation:
Peavy
Buerhle
Floyd
Danks
Hudson*

Pen:
Jenks
Thornton
Linebrink
Pena
Carrasco
Williams
? Torres, Link,????

Infield:
Konerko
Getz
Ramirez
Beckham

AJ.
? Flowers?

Nix
Kotsay?
DH Dye?

Of
TCQ
Rios
? Pods, Figgins (doubt we spend that much more unless we win WS), Viciedo, Danks?

Kotsay
?

Thoughts, comments, corrections?

Rockabilly
08-11-2009, 12:13 PM
1 Chone Figgins 3B ( free agent)
2 Justin Upton RF
3 Gordon Beckham SS
4 Jim Thome DH
5 Jermaine Dye 1B
6 Carlos Quentin LF
7 AJ Pierzynski C
8 Alex Rios CF
9 Alexei Ramirez 2B

Bench: Kotsay 1B-OF, Danks OF, Getz Utily, J Molina C

Rotation: Buehrle, Peavy, Danks, Webb, Floyd

Pen: Pena RR, Torres RR, Thornton LR, Linebrink RR, M Gonzalez LR, RSoriano setup Jenks Closer

I would trade Konerko, Viciedo, Hudson, and Flowers for Webb and Upton.

than use Konerko money to sign Soriano and Figgins

Reports out of AZ is that Upton will be available this off season

Rocky Soprano
08-11-2009, 12:18 PM
You need to layoff the playstation.

We got Peavy and you still talked about getting more, now we got Rios and you continue. Do you ever sit back and enjoy?

asindc
08-11-2009, 12:21 PM
2 Justin Upton RF
3 Gordon Beckham SS
4 Jim Thome DH
5 Jermaine Dye 1B
6 Carlos Quentin LF
7 AJ Pierzynski C
8 Alex Rios CF
9 Alexei Ramirez 2B

Pen: Pena RR, Torres RR, Thornton LR, Linebrink RR, M Gonzalez LR, RSoriano setup Jenks Closer

What is your proposed payroll limit, if any? Do you plan to keep ticket prices, concessions, and parking at the same levels as this year?

JohnTucker0814
08-11-2009, 12:24 PM
IMO the roster is already set for next year with the exception of a few bench players and a few bullpen spots...

C - Pierzynski
1B - Konerko
2B - Getz
3B - Beckham
SS - Ramirez
LF - Pods
CF - Rios
RF - Quentin
DH - Dye

BN - Nix
BN - C
BN - OF/1B
BN - Util

SP - Peavy
SP - Buehrle
SP - Floyd
SP - Danks
SP - Hudson

CL - Jenks
SU - Thornton
SU - Pena
SU - Linebrink
RP - Carrasco

We are set up for a very good run over the next 2-5 years!

DumpJerry
08-11-2009, 12:26 PM
Since everyone is now thinking it is the offseason and have started posting their Christmas Wish Lists, these threads will be merged into one.

Post all of your thoughts here, we don't need multiple threads on the same topic.

Marqhead
08-11-2009, 12:27 PM
JT's got the right idea. Chances are we wont go after any more pickups other than bench players due to the payroll we just added the last month. I think if there is one area I would like KW to still address would the #5 starter slot giving Hudson another year, and giving the Sox some insurance against injuries.

Otheriwse, I think we are pretty set with what we have, and I'm damn excited about this team.

Rockabilly
08-11-2009, 12:54 PM
What is your proposed payroll limit, if any? Do you plan to keep ticket prices, concessions, and parking at the same levels as this year?

With the 25 man roster I have its probably around 110M

With Contreras, Dotel, Castro and Pods money coming off the books.

Signing Dye and Thome at a lower rate and trading Konerko and his 12M to AZ.

Webb is only at 8M for next season
Figgins will probably be around 8M a year
Upton will make making about 500,000
Soriano will probably be around 4M a year

Rockabilly
08-11-2009, 12:57 PM
You need to layoff the playstation.

We got Peavy and you still talked about getting more, now we got Rios and you continue. Do you ever sit back and enjoy?

I will sit back and enjoy when we win another championship until than I want the strongest Sox team on the field.

Peavy and Rios is a great start but this team still has plenty of holes for next season.

Like a 5th starter
better defensive players
strong bench
speed
bullpen help
3B
great leadoff hitter

Rocky Soprano
08-11-2009, 01:08 PM
I will sit back and enjoy when we win another championship until than I want the strongest Sox team on the field.

Peavy and Rios is a great start but this team still has plenty of holes for next season.

Like a 5th starter
better defensive players
strong bench
speed
bullpen help
3B
great leadoff hitter

So what you are saying is that this is the right time to worry about next year?

If we were to win another championship, I can already see your next post being about what trade the Sox need to do to win it again. So you wouldnt sit back and enjoy. We get it, you enjoy coming up with trade ideas but is that all you can talk about?

Rockabilly
08-11-2009, 01:13 PM
So what you are saying is that this is the right time to worry about next year?

If we were to win another championship, I can already see your next post being about what trade the Sox need to do to win it again. So you wouldnt sit back and enjoy. We get it, you enjoy coming up with trade ideas but is that all you can talk about?

Hey if you're happy with the Sox finishing 2nd place or losing out to the Yanks, Angels and Red Sox in the playoffs, more power to you..

I want to the Sox to be able to beat the big boys and win another championship.

Moses_Scurry
08-11-2009, 01:14 PM
C: AJ
1B: PK
2B: Getz
SS: TCM
3B: Becks
LF: Pods / Kotsay
CF: Rios
RF: TCQ / Dye
DH: Dye / TCQ

SP: Buehrle
SP: Peavy
SP: Danks
SP: Floyd
SP: Hudson with Garcia or Contreras (at a significantly reduced rate) waiting in the wings

BP: Jenks
BP: Thornton
BP: Linebrink
BP: Pena
BP: Carrasco
BP: Cheap Veteran free agent (maybe resign Dotel for less money)
BP: Williams/Torres (whoever wins the job out of Spring training)

BN: Castro (resign him cheap)
BN: Pods / Kotsay
BN: Nix
BN: Wise :duck:

That's my prediction, and I'm fine with it.

SaltyPretzel
08-11-2009, 01:25 PM

Like a 5th starter
better defensive players
strong bench
speed
bullpen help
3B
great leadoff hitter

:scratch:

Rockabilly
08-11-2009, 01:44 PM
:scratch:

Moving Gordon to SS and Alexei to 2ND

Tekijawa
08-11-2009, 02:07 PM
2 Justin Upton RF
3 Gordon Beckham SS
4 Jim Thome DH
5 Jermaine Dye 1B
6 Carlos Quentin LF
7 AJ Pierzynski C
8 Alex Rios CF
9 Alexei Ramirez 2B

You forgot to add Haladay to that rotation...

Craig Grebeck
08-11-2009, 02:07 PM
2 Justin Upton RF
3 Gordon Beckham SS
4 Jim Thome DH
5 Jermaine Dye 1B
6 Carlos Quentin LF
7 AJ Pierzynski C
8 Alex Rios CF
9 Alexei Ramirez 2B

You do realize that a) the D'backs have no need for Konerko and b) they will never, ever give up Upton before he is even arb-eligible, right?

ShoelessJoeS
08-11-2009, 02:10 PM
You forgot to add Haladay to that rotation...And don't be surprised if Kenny finds a way to fleece the Mets for Santana...

Rockabilly
08-11-2009, 02:26 PM
You do realize that a) the D'backs have no need for Konerko and b) they will never, ever give up Upton before he is even arb-eligible, right?

reports out of AZ is that Upton is available this off season. Chad Tracy is a free agent after this season and I know for a fact that the D'Backs have wanted Konerko the last few years

Craig Grebeck
08-11-2009, 02:27 PM
reports out of AZ is that Upton is available this off season. Chad Tracy is a free agent after this season and I know for a fact that the D'Backs have wanted Konerko the last few years
Link?

Link?

Would you please post a link?

Also, with Brandon Allen setting the world on fire, I'm sure they aren't hellbent on acquiring Konerko at the cost of the best young player in baseball.

This supposed idea is so stupid it's not even worth refuting.

Rockabilly
08-11-2009, 02:31 PM
Link?

Link?

Would you please post a link?

Also, with Brandon Allen setting the world on fire, I'm sure they aren't hellbent on acquiring Konerko at the cost of the best young player in baseball.

This supposed idea is so stupid it's not even worth refuting.

Brandon Allen is setting the world on fire in the minors.. That doesn't mean he will be great for the D 'Backs. Konerko is a proven hitter. Also Allen is not the best young hitter in all of baseball

BadBobbyJenks
08-11-2009, 02:32 PM
Justin Upton?

Come on, there is crazy and then there is CRAZY.

Rockabilly
08-11-2009, 02:34 PM
Justin Upton?

Come on, there is crazy and then there is CRAZY.

Mark my words Upton will be on the trade block this off season.

Craig Grebeck
08-11-2009, 02:39 PM
Brandon Allen is setting the world on fire in the minors.. That doesn't mean he will be great for the D 'Backs. Konerko is a proven hitter. Also Allen is not the best young hitter in all of baseball
Read a little closer next time. Didn't say Allen was the best young hitter in baseball.

Care to have a link to these multiple reports you've cited?

Rocky Soprano
08-11-2009, 02:41 PM
Hey if you're happy with the Sox finishing 2nd place or losing out to the Yanks, Angels and Red Sox in the playoffs, more power to you..

I want to the Sox to be able to beat the big boys and win another championship.

Where did I say that?

I just think its foolish to worry about next year when we are in middle of the division race. You have no idea what this team is going to do but you are ready to make changes.

You know all these "facts" about people being on the block and you try to come off like you have a ton of sources, didn't you swear you would not come back here because people got on you for exactly what you are doing again?

Try worrying about next year when the season is over.

Rockabilly
08-11-2009, 02:43 PM
Read a little closer next time. Didn't say Allen was the best young hitter in baseball.

Care to have a link to these multiple reports you've cited?

I have a close friend who is high up in the D'Backs system. If you don't believe me ask around of who reported the Quentin trade 30 minutes before it was announced to the public or the Chris Young for Javy trade the night before it was announced.

Domeshot17
08-11-2009, 02:45 PM
Oh Rockabilly and his Rumors. That was my fantasy baseball team last year. The Rockabilly Rumors. Pretty much like all his rumors, they were flashy and looked good, but fizzled in the end and finished 3rd place :(:

Rockabilly
08-11-2009, 02:46 PM
Where did I say that?

I just think its foolish to worry about next year when we are in middle of the division race. You have no idea what this team is going to do but you are ready to make changes.

You know all these "facts" about people being on the block and you try to come off like you have a ton of sources, didn't you swear you would not come back here because people got on you for exactly what you are doing again?

Try worrying about next year when the season is over.

I know about Upton and Webb being on the trade block. I have 2 sources in the MLB world so where do you get off saying all of these people

Domeshot17
08-11-2009, 02:50 PM
I know about Upton and Webb being on the trade block. I have 2 sources in the MLB world so where do you get off saying all of these people

You spit a TON of rumors that had no backing besides whispers you heard around for a long time. If you were right more than 5% of the time, Konerko would have been traded to Arizona so many times he would be on the state quarter.

Rockabilly
08-11-2009, 02:54 PM
The Sox were after Connor Jackson and Justin Ducscher last year.. If you remember correctly Ken Rosenthal mentioned a week later after I did that the Sox were looking at Justin from Oakland.

Just because the trades don't go down. Doesn't mean that they weren't talked about

Rocky Soprano
08-11-2009, 02:56 PM

Do yourself a favor and do a search for threads you have started and see how many times you have said a certain player was on the trade block and then tell us how many times you were correct.

Heck, I remember you screaming for Dye to get traded because he was at fault for the Sox not playing better.

This is what you wanted our 08 lineup to be:

My lineup would be
1 Luis Castillo 2B
2 Aaron Rowand RF
3 Torrii Hunter CF
4 Paul Konerko 1B
5 AJ Pierzynski C
6 Joe Crede 3B
7 Josh Fields DH
8 Corey Patterson LF
9 Brandon Wood SS

Bench- R Sweeney OF, J Ellsbury OF P Ozuna Utily, H Kendrick , J Saltamacchia C

Rotation
M Buehrle
J Danks
C Bucholz
G Floyd
E Santana

Bullpen
LR- B Logan
LR M Thornton
RR- N Masset
RR- D Aardsma
LR- G Gonzalez
RR Bobby Jenks

trades I would make
Thome & Contreras to the Angels for Brandon Wood,Howie Kendrick and E Santana
Garland to the Redsox for Ellsbury and Bucholz
Vazquez & Uribe to the Braves for Saltamacchia

Give it a rest already!

Rockabilly
08-11-2009, 03:02 PM
Do yourself a favor and do a search for threads you have started and see how many times you have said a certain player was on the trade block and then tell us how many times you were correct.

Heck, I remember you screaming for Dye to get traded because he was at fault for the Sox not playing better.

This is what you wanted our 08 lineup to be:

My lineup would be
1 Luis Castillo 2B
2 Aaron Rowand RF
3 Torrii Hunter CF
4 Paul Konerko 1B
5 AJ Pierzynski C
6 Joe Crede 3B
7 Josh Fields DH
8 Corey Patterson LF
9 Brandon Wood SS

Bench- R Sweeney OF, J Ellsbury OF P Ozuna Utily, H Kendrick , J Saltamacchia C

Rotation
M Buehrle
J Danks
C Bucholz
G Floyd
E Santana

Bullpen
LR- B Logan
LR M Thornton
RR- N Masset
RR- D Aardsma
LR- G Gonzalez
RR Bobby Jenks

trades I would make
Thome & Contreras to the Angels for Brandon Wood,Howie Kendrick and E Santana
Garland to the Redsox for Ellsbury and Bucholz
Vazquez & Uribe to the Braves for Saltamacchia

Give it a rest already!

Hey dude if you don't like my posts.. Don't read them its that simple or better yet put me on ignore.. I don't see you bitching about the Quentin or Javy trade that I would said that happen

As far as my wish list lineups at the times is a lot different than trade rumors. get that through your head

Rocky Soprano
08-11-2009, 03:09 PM
Hey dude if you don't like my posts.. Don't read them its that simple or better yet put me on ignore.. I don't see you bitching about the Quentin or Javy trade that I would said that happen

As far as my wish list lineups at the times is a lot different than trade rumors. get that through your head

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while. You were bound to get one right.

Your wish list lineups are just about as stupid as your different trade rumors. This isn't playstation, get that through your head.

Whatever, keep "entertaining" us with your sources.

Rockabilly
08-11-2009, 03:13 PM
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while. You were bound to get one right.

Your wish list lineups are just about as stupid as your different trade rumors. This isn't playstation, get that through your head.

Whatever, keep "entertaining" us with your sources.

maybe you should stick to watching NASCAR because your baseball knowledge sucks

DirtySox
08-11-2009, 03:16 PM
This thread is tremendous.

Marqhead
08-11-2009, 03:19 PM
This thread is tremendous.

Seems like some people have been waiting for the return of Rockabilly. I knew it was inevitable, but it certainly is more entertaining than I imagined!

Domeshot17
08-11-2009, 03:20 PM
It is just pointless and stupid to mention everytime a player gets felt out or briefly shopped to see interest. I have a friend who works for the Astros, I hear the same stuff, but I have realized that 2-3% of what MLB GM's talk about actually happen.

voodoochile
08-11-2009, 03:37 PM
Thread's not going anywhere but down...