PDA

View Full Version : *Official* That Sucked 8-10 Postgame thread

GoGoCrede
08-11-2009, 12:56 AM
Ugh. And to add insult to injury, lots of us have to get up early tomorrow.

gobears1987
08-11-2009, 12:56 AM
Bleh, that's all I have

Night all.

SephClone89
08-11-2009, 12:57 AM
Well, there's that.

SoxSpeed22
08-11-2009, 12:57 AM
Frown.

october23sp
08-11-2009, 12:58 AM
This team is firing on all pathetic cylinders.

arKnaD7
So much for the Rios bump.....

DaveFeelsRight
on the bright side, the tigers lost and we got rios. on the negative side, the tigers lost and we wasted an opportunity to gain ground.

we better win tomorrow cause if we don't, there's a good chance we'll be swept cause theres no way we are beating king felix wednesday.

WisSoxFan
08-11-2009, 12:59 AM
At least we got Alex Rios today.:whistle:

That's all I've got!

captainclutch24
Team sucks plain and simple. Atleast Boston won so we didnt lose ground.

In 4 of our last 5 losses we have lost to: Ervin Santana, Jeremy Sowers, David Huff, and Luke French.

Anytime offense. Anytime. Especially you Dye. He's got to be batting .150 since the break and we cannot have that coming out of a run producing spot.

DirtySox
Choo Choo.

october23sp
We are quickly falling to .500 and below.

PeteWard
08-11-2009, 01:00 AM
Lots of fun on the gamethread tonight. Apparently JD is washed up, Ramirez has given up and at the end: "Typical white sox baseball. Thanks boys for another subpar performance."

If it were typical, how could it be subpar? Wouldn't typical=par?

hi im skot
Google image search for "bummer" brings me this:

http://www.commentgraphics.net/Gothic/images/bummer.gif

I'm not sure I understand it, but it immediately cheered me up after tonight's game.

october23sp
In 4 of our last 5 losses we have lost to: Ervin Santana, Jeremy Sowers, David Huff, and Luke French.

Anytime offense. Anytime. Especially you Dye. He's got to be batting .150 since the break and we cannot have that coming out of a run producing spot.

Dye will have to fight for a spot then with Rios coming. One of them has to produce.

veeter
Alexei's dumb, 6th inning at bat, cost the Sox the momentum, and the game, IMO. That guy drive's me nuts. Gavin wasn't very good, but didn't deserve the loss either. I'm looking forward to Rios, because anything to tighten up the defense makes sense. On the bright side, Carlos is turning into the beast again.

hi im skot
08-11-2009, 01:01 AM
Lots of fun on the gamethread tonight. Apparently JD is washed up, Ramirez has given up and at the end: "Typical white sox baseball. Thanks boys for another subpar performance."

I didn't see anything about Ramirez "giving up"; I commented that he seems to constantly drift in and out of concentration.

GoGoCrede
08-11-2009, 01:01 AM
Google image search for "bummer" brings me this:

http://www.commentgraphics.net/Gothic/images/bummer.gif

I'm not sure I understand it, but it immediately cheered me up after tonight's game.

LOL. These never fail to cheer me up.

PeoriaSoxFan
08-11-2009, 01:02 AM
Is there a way I can get those 3 hours of my life back?

hi im skot
08-11-2009, 01:03 AM
LOL. These never fail to cheer me up.

It's my single contribution to tonight's postgame thread.

Get 'em tomorrow, right?

veeter
I didn't see anything about Ramirez "giving up"; I commented that he seems to constantly drift in and out of concentration.If Ozzie is truly looking for good at bats, he better turn away when Ramirez is up.

PeteWard
I didn't see anything about Ramirez "giving up"; I commented that he seems to constantly drift in and out of concentration.

You are right there. Maybe I misread it.

Blueprint1
08-11-2009, 01:04 AM
:(: That's all I have.

Soxman219
Bad Times.:mad:

At least we got Rios.

hi im skot
You are right there. Maybe I misread it.

It's all good; after a game like that, I'd prefer to forget anything related to it.

LoveYourSuit
I want to get excited about getting Peavy and Rios up and running, but:

A) How far in the hole are we going to be?
B) How many other holes are popping up here every passing game?

DirtySox

The gamethread is a mysterious and unpredictable entity. Those who question it's power will eventually face it's wrath.

Tomorrow there will be a virgin sacrifice 15 minutes before gametime. Punch served soon after, shoes optional.

GoGoCrede
08-11-2009, 01:05 AM
It's my single contribution to tonight's postgame thread.

Get 'em tomorrow, right?

And for god's sake, get 'em on 8/17 so I can see them win in person. :wink:

I'm glad you didn't post any pics of Gavin in an ugly shirt, would have made my night even worse. :redneck

Whitesoxfan23
How come everytime I get my hopes up about this team, they let me down?

october23sp
I'm looking foreward to 2010, but still this season is in reach, thank god we play in the mighty AL Central.

hi im skot
The gamethread is a mysterious and unpredictable entity. Those who question it's power shall eventually face it's wrath.

Tomorrow there will be a virgin sacrifice 15 minutes before gametime. Punch served soon after.

God help you if there aren't Oreo cookies.

gf2020

My favorite was when someone asked if Paul Konerko was retarded.

What a bunch of bed wetters and I'm not talking about the team.

october23sp
How come everytime I get my hopes up about this team, they let me down?

This is the 4th time this season for me.

hi im skot
08-11-2009, 01:06 AM
And for god's sake, get 'em on 8/17 so I can see them win in person. :wink:

I'm glad you didn't post any pics of Gavin in an ugly shirt, would have made my night even worse. :redneck

Watching him pitch tonight was ugly enough.

Hopefully Danks regains his form tomorrow night.

PeoriaSoxFan
08-11-2009, 01:07 AM
Thur morning, I was convinced the Sox would soon go on a roll and blow past Detroit...today I need to be talked off the ledge. This team's erratic and streaky play leads one to this type of bewilderment.

hi im skot
08-11-2009, 01:07 AM
My favorite was when someone asked if Paul Konerko was retarded.

What a bunch of bed wetters and I'm not talking about the team.

What I do in my own bed is none of your business.

:tongue:

october23sp
08-11-2009, 01:08 AM
79oKAxNmEcA

My cheer up song.

The Immigrant
08-11-2009, 01:11 AM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/111763/faceslide_medium.gif

DrCrawdad
08-11-2009, 01:11 AM
We are quickly falling to .500 and below.

That's probably where the '09 Sox will end, unless something dramatically changes.

popilius
08-11-2009, 01:12 AM
Tomorrow's a big game, especially considering we're facing Felix Hernadez on Wednesday. Regardless of what happens tomorrow, however, I have a hunch that Buerhle's gonna bounce back with a great performance.

:gulp:

hi im skot
08-11-2009, 01:12 AM

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j146/sschaaf/PDVD_024.jpg

october23sp
08-11-2009, 01:13 AM
http://videodetective.com/photos/170/007165_24.jpg

DrCrawdad
08-11-2009, 01:14 AM
Tomorrow's a big game, especially considering we're facing Felix Hernadez on Wednesday. Regardless of what happens tomorrow, however, I have a hunch that Buerhle's gonna bounce back with a great performance.

:gulp:

I hope you're right. My kids were watching Looney Tunes tonight before the game. I think Looney Tunes has affected the way I watch Sox games - I'm always waiting for the anvil to fall.

08-11-2009, 01:14 AM
The gamethread is a mysterious and unpredictable entity. Those who question it's power will eventually face it's wrath.

Tomorrow there will be a virgin sacrifice 15 minutes before gametime. Punch served soon after, shoes optional.

This is a formal ritual. Shoes are required

Lip Man 1
08-11-2009, 01:15 AM
That's 11 losses in their last 13 road games. You'd think they'd be ready to go tonight against another no-name pitcher.

So much for that fantasy.

It is what it is... the chemistry isn't there, the defense is awful, the fundamentals are non-existent. This is a .500 team.

I'm hoping they can at least have a winning season so as to not piss away everything from 2009 but who knows.

Lip

PeoriaSoxFan
08-11-2009, 01:16 AM

That is pretty sickening to think about. Watch us kill Hernandez Wed. which will only add to the mystery

PeteWard
08-11-2009, 01:17 AM
I hope you're right. My kids were watching Looney Tunes tonight before the game. I think Looney Tunes has affected the way I watch Sox games - I'm always waiting for the anvil to fall.

With OG alternating roles daily: B Bunny one day, Elmer J. Fudd the next.

october23sp
08-11-2009, 01:18 AM

Wile E. Coyote doesn't make the cut?

hi im skot
That's 11 losses in their last 13 road games. You'd think they'd be ready to go tonight against another no-name pitcher.

So much for that fantasy.

It is what it is... the chemistry isn't there, the defense is awful, the fundamentals are non-existent. This is a .500 team.

I'm hoping they can at least have a winning season so as to not piss away everything from 2009 but who knows.

Lip

Well, this thread is now complete. Off to bed, gang!

DrCrawdad
Alexei's dumb, 6th inning at bat, cost the Sox the momentum, and the game, IMO. That guy drive's me nuts. Gavin wasn't very good, but didn't deserve the loss either. I'm looking forward to Rios, because anything to tighten up the defense makes sense. On the bright side, Carlos is turning into the beast again.

I was thinking that too. My god! Have a good AB Alexei! The guy rides on the hope of a 3 run HR instead of a productive AB. That did suck the life out of the momentum.

GoGoCrede
08-11-2009, 01:19 AM
And those train sounds give the cowbells in Tampa and the drum in Cleveland a run for their money.

hawkjt

Since July 19, JD is 12 for 81..that is about .140
Since July 19, PK is 16 for 81..that is about .195

28 for 162 in the last 20 games from our 3/4 spots..our best hitters..just not good enough.

Gavin was not super sharp, but he cannot be that way every single nite..offense has to do more vs French.
Bullpen sucks again...this is getting old.

PeoriaSoxFan
I want to get excited about getting Peavy and Rios up and running, but:

A) How far in the hole are we going to be?
B) How many other holes are popping up here every passing game?

Well said...

DrCrawdad
08-11-2009, 01:21 AM

I think I'll bar myself from watching/listening/or following the Sox in the next few nights.

:therapy:
I hope my lousy insurance covers a visit.

gobears1987
08-11-2009, 01:26 AM
So since no one posted the joke here yet...

How many times did Thome Thike out?

You all just had to be in chat.

Lip Man 1
08-11-2009, 01:28 AM
Skot:

Have a good night's rest. As for me I'll be thinking about how the Sox urinated away another game.

But hey this team is talented enough to win the World Series in Skot's world (they may not even have a winning season but let's not let facts get in the way of a good fantasy...)

Lip

GoGoCrede
08-11-2009, 01:29 AM
So since no one posted the joke here yet...

How many times did Thome Thike out?

You all just had to be in chat.

:thumbsup: Although I still keep forgetting it's not the game thread and keep clicking Refresh.

october23sp
08-11-2009, 01:29 AM
http://thumbnails.hulu.com/5/395/12999_512x288_manicured__vncjZZlcSkW8HicWFpIs2w.jp g
"Remember when we took 3/4 from the Angels and 2/3 from the Yankees?"

WhiteSox5187
08-11-2009, 02:01 AM
This team isn't that good but then again neither are the Tigers. I know everyone is pissed but folks, we're not playing in the AL East here. The Tigers are still within range, just hope we can keep them close until we get hot again and then blow right by them. This team is talented enough to win this division and in the playoffs anything is possible.

DrCrawdad
08-11-2009, 02:08 AM
This team isn't that good but then again neither are the Tigers. I know everyone is pissed but folks, we're not playing in the AL East here. The Tigers are still within range, just hope we can keep them close until we get hot again and then blow right by them. This team is talented enough to win this division and in the playoffs anything is possible.

You're right. It's not rational, it's emotional. I hate for the Sox to lose. It's one thing to get whipped and lose from early on. It's the slow painful losses - the errors, misplays and failures to execute that drive me nuts.

:whiner::angry::tongue:

Noneck
08-11-2009, 02:17 AM

I am with you on this also. I know Lip gets so hung up on the over .500 record to be successful. I will take the Sox 1 over .500 rather than Seattle's 6 over. Its all about being in the hunt and having a possibility of making the playoffs. The central is crap and even if the Sox are under .500, I think they will be in the hunt. We will see.

whitesoxfan
08-11-2009, 03:11 AM
I am with you on this also. I know Lip gets so hung up on the over .500 record to be successful. I will take the Sox 1 over .500 rather than Seattle's 6 over. Its all about being in the hunt and having a possibility of making the playoffs. The central is crap and even if the Sox are under .500, I think they will be in the hunt. We will see.

As long as you get in, you have a chance to do something. Just look at the 2006 Cards.

The problem is that team was decent all year long except the final couple of weeks of the year. They were the definition of backing into the playoffs, but they really weren't that bad of a team. Our Sox are the very definition of a .500 team. We play up and down to our competition at home or on the road. Our offense and pitching both struggle to find any consistency. The flashes are there, but they can't put it together for a decent stretch.

Make no mistake about it, we have some talent. I do think we're better than the Tigers. But we're going to have to overcome some adversity this month. The 10 game road trip at the end of the month and into September will more than likely decide our season. We need to step it up and treat every single game like we did against the Yanks and the Angels last week. If we do that, we'll be in great shape. I'm not too confident we can do that though and I think we'll continue to trod around the .500 mark.

We're close to the middle of August now. I don't really see this team changing anytime soon because we've seen the same exact team for the first four months of the season. I'm not expecting that to change.

WhiteSox1989
08-11-2009, 07:50 AM
As long as you get in, you have a chance to do something. Just look at the 2006 Cards.

The problem is that team was decent all year long except the final couple of weeks of the year. They were the definition of backing into the playoffs, but they really weren't that bad of a team. Our Sox are the very definition of a .500 team. We play up and down to our competition at home or on the road. Our offense and pitching both struggle to find any consistency. The flashes are there, but they can't put it together for a decent stretch.

Make no mistake about it, we have some talent. I do think we're better than the Tigers. But we're going to have to overcome some adversity this month. The 10 game road trip at the end of the month and into September will more than likely decide our season. We need to step it up and treat every single game like we did against the Yanks and the Angels last week. If we do that, we'll be in great shape. I'm not too confident we can do that though and I think we'll continue to trod around the .500 mark.

We're close to the middle of August now. I don't really see this team changing anytime soon because we've seen the same exact team for the first four months of the season. I'm not expecting that to change.]
I hate when people make comparisons to the Cards, but really it's the truth. Especially with this team, who played so well again teams like the Angels, Rays and Yankees. Throwing in the mix that Peavy should be ready to pitch by then, the Sox would have a good chance in the play offs.

But like you said, they have to make it there first.

cnw8052
08-11-2009, 08:12 AM
Hmm.....

I'm a railfan and those trains passing by were the only excitement for me last night. The game sure sucked.

And those train sounds give the cowbells in Tampa and the drum in Cleveland a run for their money.

Jollyroger2
08-11-2009, 08:38 AM

The Sox had a chance to blow right by them 2 1/2 weeks ago and failed miserably. Hoping the Sox get hot is pretty much a stretch. Yeah they'll win a few games here or there, say 5 of 7 or 6 of 8..people will get optimistic again....then they'll lose 6 of the next 8. They've followed this pattern pretty much all season, why should any of it change anytime soon?

That's why it's so hard to get excited even when they're beating up on the likes of NY and the Angels. It's almost pre-determined they'd start sucking in the next stretch of games. Yawn.

ChiSoxGal85
08-11-2009, 08:41 AM
I'm rather annoyed at myself that I stayed up that late, just to watch the Sox forget how to hit. And then I had a hard time falling asleep, so I stayed up for several hours watching "Intervention". Maybe the Sox offense needs an Intervention? Grrrrrr...I'm going out of state for a few days and won't get to watch the next few games. Maybe that will be good for me. :cool:

hi im skot
08-11-2009, 08:58 AM
Skot:

Have a good night's rest. As for me I'll be thinking about how the Sox urinated away another game.

But hey this team is talented enough to win the World Series in Skot's world (they may not even have a winning season but let's not let facts get in the way of a good fantasy...)

Lip

Oh, Lip...now you're putting words into my mouth, and that's a pretty big no-no. You'll have to do a lot of searching to find a post in which I said that (mostly because, you know, I never said that). But like you said, let's not let these facts get in thee way of your fantasy.

And just for reference, this is one of my posts from last night's game thread. It's in response to someone who ran with the whole sarcastic "BUT THE SOX ARE ONLY 3 GAMES OUT! THEY MUST BE A GREAT TEAM" bull****:

They're not a great team...far from it; but they're playing meaningful games in August, and hopefully into September. As a baseball fan, that's all you can ask for.

I'm just as frustrated as you are. However, we've seen how good this team can be. We'll have to hope that they heat up over the next few weeks and get into the playoffs. If they don't...well, I think we have a lot to look forward to next year.So yeah, I'm just as disappointed as you are, Lip, I really am. But constant negativity, especially since we're within striking distance to sneak into the playoffs, just seems silly to me.

Oblong
08-11-2009, 09:22 AM
Reading what you guys say about the Sox is pretty much identical what I see Tiger fans say about the Tigers.

Pear-Zin-Ski
08-11-2009, 09:59 AM
Yes this team is talented enough to win the AL Central and go deep into the postseason, but have they SHOWN that to anyone yet? Hell no! Seeing is believing folks.

We need the middle of the order to step it up. PK has looked terrible as of late. Almost seems like Crede is back in town with all those pop-ups as of late.

Hitmen77
08-11-2009, 10:23 AM
2009 White Sox = .500 ballclub.

This game is just a typical outcome for this team. If our big guys (Konerko, Dye, Buehrle, Danks) aren't going to play well in the 2nd half, then we can just forget about any postseason dreams.

slavko
08-11-2009, 11:00 AM
Is Aardsma that much better now than he was when he was here or did we just use him wrong? Did somebody there fix him better than we fixed him? This is just from looking at the box score, I didn't stay up that late.

goofymsfan
08-11-2009, 11:36 AM
Is Aardsma that much better now than he was when he was here or did we just use him wrong? Did somebody there fix him better than we fixed him? This is just from looking at the box score, I didn't stay up that late.

Not sure where he got "fixed" but he has been quite a pick up for the M's.

Jerko
08-11-2009, 12:02 PM
:angry: Stopped watching when they scored to make it 4-3 and it was 6-4, predictably, the very next half-inning. That drives me nuts. I know it's part of the game, but so is shutting the other team down after you score once in a while too.

Lip Man 1
08-11-2009, 12:08 PM
Could Dye's funk be caused by his contract issues? Remember until he got an extension in 2007 he was having a bad season too.

Lip

Chez
08-11-2009, 12:13 PM

"Rick Adair will fix him."

Bill Naharodny
08-11-2009, 12:23 PM
Could Dye's funk be caused by his contract issues? Remember until he got an extension in 2007 he was having a bad season too.

Lip

He does look eerily similar to that year.

If memory serves, though, wasn't he playing with a messed up knee for a lot of that season? Who knows -- maybe he's banged up now, too.

JB98
08-11-2009, 01:16 PM

Lip

I don't think it has anything to do with contract issues. I think it is old age. Dye's power went AWOL in September last year. His second-half slump is coming earlier this year. At his age, it's hard for him to play RF everyday. Earlier in the season, he didn't get much rest with Quentin on the DL. The Sox couldn't afford to take him out of the lineup. With Rios coming in, they can. They better get Dye some more rest. If not, I think he will continue to struggle.

thedudeabides
08-11-2009, 01:29 PM
Not sure where he got "fixed" but he has been quite a pick up for the M's.

He's only 27, so maybe it just clicked or he finally decided to listen to coaching. The Giants, Cubs, Sox, and Red Sox have all given up on him the list 5 years. All teams who have had good pitching staffs in that time. His fastball finally looks to have some movement, not sure what caused the change, but that's usually the first thing Coop works on, so maybe he has just been more receptive to Adair.

beasly213
08-11-2009, 01:57 PM
That sucked last night but oh well it's what I've grown to expect from this team: Go on a decent run then take a crap for another run, then another decent run etc...

I think if the Sox are able to finish this road trip and be a game back of the Tigers I would be OK with that.

jdm2662
08-11-2009, 02:11 PM

Lip

If I remember last year, he faded in September. He's just old and worn out.

chisoxfanatic
08-11-2009, 02:26 PM
I was only able to watch the last three innings, but they looked pretty listless. I don't know why Ozzie has so much confidence in Pena.

Thankfully Detroit lost. Hopefully Boston can sweep them.

WisSoxFan
08-11-2009, 03:43 PM
These are Dye's numbers from last Sept.

27 games
104 at bats
11 runs
28 hits
6 doubles
0 triples
2 homers
13 rbis
9 walks
18 Ks
.269 avg
.325 on base pct
.385 slugging

I agree with those that think he's just getting old.

WhiteSox5187
08-11-2009, 05:45 PM
The Sox had a chance to blow right by them 2 1/2 weeks ago and failed miserably. Hoping the Sox get hot is pretty much a stretch. Yeah they'll win a few games here or there, say 5 of 7 or 6 of 8..people will get optimistic again....then they'll lose 6 of the next 8. They've followed this pattern pretty much all season, why should any of it change anytime soon?

That's why it's so hard to get excited even when they're beating up on the likes of NY and the Angels. It's almost pre-determined they'd start sucking in the next stretch of games. Yawn.

The thing is if they get on one of their good streaks at the right time they can not only wind up going to the playoffs, but wind up doing some damage there too.