PDA

View Full Version : Watch Ritchie Today..............

chisoxt
06-06-2002, 02:30 PM
You will never see a guy who gives up more runs with two strikes and two out! It is so aggravating!!

Iwritecode
06-06-2002, 02:37 PM
Is it just me or does anyone else have the feeling that we are going to hear the words "Todd Ritchie" and "torn labrum" in the same sentence before the year is up? It doesn't seem like he was pitching this badly last year. He was losing mostly due to lack of run support. Yet as soon as Nardi gets a hold of him he can't do crap. Meanwhile Kip and Josh suddenly learn how to pitch once they finally get away from Nardi...

delben91
06-06-2002, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
Yet as soon as Nardi gets a hold of him he can't do crap. Meanwhile Kip and Josh suddenly learn how to pitch once they finally get away from Nardi...

Wait for it.....wait for it.....

:firenardi

Kilroy
06-06-2002, 02:44 PM
Another bases loaded < 2 out situation for the Sox that they don't score in. Why do they suck?

delben91
06-06-2002, 02:58 PM
This May kid for KC can't throw strikes to save himself. If they'd stop swinging at everything that came to the plate, the Sox could walk around the bases. Yeeeesh.

raul12
06-06-2002, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by delben91
This May kid for KC can't throw strikes to save himself. If they'd stop swinging at everything that came to the plate, the Sox could walk around the bases. Yeeeesh.

uh oh, another crappy pitcher on the mound....looks like it will be another 3-hit shutout. why can't we face clemens and pedro everyday

Mathew
06-06-2002, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by raul12

uh oh, another crappy pitcher on the mound....looks like it will be another 3-hit shutout. why can't we face clemens and pedro everyday

Because those would be 1 hit shououts.

MisterB
06-06-2002, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by chisoxt
You will never see a guy who gives up more runs with two strikes and two out! It is so aggravating!!

Today: 4 runs, 3 scored with 2 out, but no 2-strike rbi's...

duke of dorwood
06-06-2002, 05:18 PM
He pitched well enough to win today.

Jerry_Manuel
06-06-2002, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood

Yep. He didn't look to good early on, but as the game went on he looked better.

baggio202
06-06-2002, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood

those words should be engraved on todd ritchie's tombstone

"here lies todd ritchie"..."he pitched well enough to win...but didnt"

chisoxfanatic
06-07-2002, 02:08 AM
Ritchie seems to be able to get the first two outs of an inning with ease; however, it is getting that third out that is his problem. I think he rushes himself to get that third out, only to allow base runners, who turn into runs when he tenses up. Sometimes I think the only way for him to get out of innings would if the inning were to end after two outs.

Heather the Redbird

harwar
06-07-2002, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
It doesn't seem like he was pitching this badly last year.

He lost like 8 games in a row last year.I don't know why anyone is so surprised.Like i said the day of the trade,the guy is an average pitcher,who will give you innings and give up lots of runs.He had a good little stretch last year also,but the whole team was playing well at that time.

Iwritecode
06-07-2002, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by harwar

He lost like 8 games in a row last year.I don't know why anyone is so surprised.Like i said the day of the trade,the guy is an average pitcher,who will give you innings and give up lots of runs.He had a good little stretch last year also,but the whole team was playing well at that time.

Yea, one of those was a 1 - 0 game against Atlanta. The Pirates are not known for giving their pitchers great run support. You also have to remember that he won like 11 or 12 games after that too...

PaleHoseGeorge
06-07-2002, 10:41 AM
I have this theory about "hard luck" pitchers: most of them are lacking a bit of confidence. They lack leadership on the field, allow the fielders behind them to fall asleep, tend to nibble, and often take too much time between pitches.

One season with decent stats but a bad record is "hard luck". Multiple seasons of "hard luck" is a bit more than simply bad luck, and lousy pitching is one of those to include.

:ritchie
"I ran from the press yesterday."

No-Neck
06-07-2002, 11:02 AM
I sat behind Home plate yesterday (I played Hookie from work) and Rirchie was hit hard the first 3 innings. If that was an above-average team he was facing yesterday, he would have been in the showers before retiring 9 batters. He left the ball up the strike-zone with little velocity.

Ritchie was acquired to eat up innings during the year, but yesterday, we had the bullpen up in the 2nd inning.

I sat behind home when he beat the Tribe at home for the 3-game sweep in April, his ball had a lot more movement. Yesterday he was flat, and was very lucky not to get have gotten shelled and give up 5+ in the first two innings.

I just hope we didn't get stuck with another Jaime Navarro. I don't really expect this guy to turn it around and become dominating. I hope I'm wrong.