PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 8-9 Indians Suck Postgame

SoxGirl4Life
08-09-2009, 05:00 PM
Discuss

thomas35forever
You can't let Cleveland take a series from you when you're in a pennant race.

WhiteSox1989
boo.

MtGrnwdSoxFan
08-09-2009, 05:01 PM
Well, we let them.

3 back again.

GoGoCrede
This team is baffling.

doublem23
There's still time to break this team up, Kenny!

WAIVERS FOR EVERYONE

How much longer until Jose's contract expires? Jimminy jillikers. Can we just send him down to Birmingham to hang out with Dayan for the rest of the year?

SoxGirl4Life
I'm voting for my conspiracy theory about Cleveland. And no one can talk me out of it!

Chicken Dinner
08-09-2009, 05:02 PM
Pitching absolutely sucks right now!

MtGrnwdSoxFan
This team is baffling.

Forget Jake Peavy, we should have traded for David Huff.

DirtySox
Brutal pitching and defense lost this game.

Despite what the gamethread might have you believe, we aren't going to tattoo every mediocre pitcher that we face no matter how good or bad they are throwing that day.

Boondock Saint
Blah. I want wins to occur more frequently. That is all.

ndgt10
Disappointments:
Linebrink, Contreras

However, we are only 3 back and the Sox played some superb defense today. They were throwing some leather.

And that Huff guy had some great stuff today. Surprising to see he had such a high ERA coming into the game today.

SoxGirl4Life
Oh geez.. DJ: Sox have a problem with day games.

Its not that simple, DJ

SoxGirl4Life
08-09-2009, 05:03 PM

Despite what the gamethread might have you believe, we aren't going to tattoo every mediocre pitcher that we face no matter how good or bad they are throwing that day.

rough day in the gamethread?

MtGrnwdSoxFan
08-09-2009, 05:03 PM
And that Huff guy had some great stuff today. Surprising to see he had such a high ERA coming into the game today.

Don't Sox fans get tired of saying that every time a meatball junk thrower that the rest of the league has no problem shelling blows through us like a hot knife through butter?

DaveFeelsRight
08-09-2009, 05:05 PM
i think this is the case of the sox taking the tribe not very serious.

soxfanreggie
Can't lose this type of series, at home, to Cleveland!

This game started out like we were going to take it handily. We had one real bad inning and it killed us. No production from the top of our order to get us back in it. They can't be on every game, but we need to win this type of series.

#1swisher
Embarrassing is an understatement.

SoxSpeed22
The pitching stunk all series, besides Thorny and Carrasco. Wearing out our bullpen was not what I had in mind with a ten game road-trip looming.

SoxGirl4Life
08-09-2009, 05:06 PM
Lets see if the Sox can have a good road trip. Have we played Seattle already?

Boondock Saint
08-09-2009, 05:07 PM
Don't Sox fans get tired of saying that every time a meatball junk thrower that the rest of the league has no problem shelling blows through us like a hot knife through butter?

We scored 4 runs off of him in six innings. That's about what the rest of MLB has been doing to him.

ndgt10
08-09-2009, 05:07 PM
I say we take at 1 or 2 from Seattle. King Felix is pitching the rubber game so you pretty much have to chalk that one up as a loss.

whitesoxfan
08-09-2009, 05:08 PM

Yes, at home. We make another trip there later this year too.

This cancels out how good the Angels series was. You absolutely can not lose 2 of 3 to a team like the Indians when they were throwing garbage at us the entire series in Sowers, Masterson/Ohka, and Huff.

3 games back but at least the Tigers go to Boston for 4. Although none of that crap really matters if we can't have at least a 4-2 road trip.

LoveYourSuit
The pitching stunk all series, besides Thorny and Carrasco. Wearing out our bullpen was not what I had in mind with a ten game road-trip looming.

Other than Floyd, the starting pitching sucks highly.

The bullpen is over-used and then you get stuck using sluggs Linebrink in close games.

If the rotation doesn't get it together, we will not survive the rest of this month.

As for this series, train wreck. You can't lose a series to those guys. It pretty much negates what you did vs NYY and ANA.

Awful :angry:

MtGrnwdSoxFan

Late April at the Cell, took 2 of 3 from them.

DirtySox
08-09-2009, 05:09 PM
rough day in the gamethread?

Kind of. Every other post is about how this or that player sucks, this or that play sucked, how this team sucks, and why we should blow up this team. There are also many :angry: and ****'s.

Oddly enough, I can't stay away.

LITTLE NELL
08-09-2009, 05:10 PM
Some people were actually calling this team great a few days ago.

MtGrnwdSoxFan
08-09-2009, 05:11 PM
Kind of. Every other post is about how this or that player sucks, how this team sucks, and why we should blow up this team. There are also many :angry: and ****'s.

:welcome:

GlassSox
08-09-2009, 05:11 PM
Are we still waiting for hot weather? :angry:

SoxGirl4Life
08-09-2009, 05:13 PM
Kind of. Every other post is about how this or that player sucks, this or that play sucked, how this team sucks, and why we should blow up this team. There are also many :angry: and ****'s.

Oddly enough, I can't stay away.

Human nature. Train wreck theory

doublem23

They were great... But that was so Wednesday. We're just ****ing hot garbage now.

SoxGirl4Life

No. Now the pitching needs cold damp weather.

MtGrnwdSoxFan
08-09-2009, 05:14 PM
I say we take at 1 or 2 from Seattle. King Felix is pitching the rubber game so you pretty much have to chalk that one up as a loss.

I wouldn't say that....for some reason, we have no problem beating the established good pitchers of the league. Throw Brad Bergesen or Kason Gabbard at us, though...:whiteflag:

October26
08-09-2009, 05:15 PM
I'm disappointed with the loss today and this series loss against Cleveland.

But I am still hopeful that the Sox can hover close to first place until Peavy is ready to pitch towards the end of August? Perhaps it was all the fun that we had today in the game chat or perhaps it is the hot weather today that has turned my brain to mush, but I am hopeful.

SoxGirl4Life
08-09-2009, 05:17 PM

But I am still hopeful that the Sox can hover close to first place until Peavy is ready to pitch towards the end of August? Perhaps it was all the fun that we had today in the game chat or perhaps it is the hot weather today that has turned my brain to mush, but I am hopeful.

I'm ok too. :D:

GlassSox
08-09-2009, 05:19 PM
No. Now the pitching needs cold damp weather.

Go figure huh.

Lip Man 1
08-09-2009, 05:20 PM
It is flat out embarrassing to lose to garbage like they did today. Period...no excuses.

Ladies and gentlemen your 2009 Chicago White Sox:

One step forward (win five of seven from the Yankees and Angels)

Two steps back (lose two of three to a garbage club)

Rinse and repeat... pretty consistently since the opening series with the Royals.

----------

And speaking of embarrassing. Jose Contreras is doing the same thing that he did back in April when many were claiming he was "rushing" back from injury. Pitch OK to well for three or four innings than lose it.

Folks, he'd done. He was done probably last year even before the injury but you had to give him the benefit of the doubt (plus the Sox weren't willing to eat his contract...). You can make a strong case that he's been done since the second half of 2006.

I'm still trying to figure out how this "talented" team can lose 19 games to the worst teams in the league so far this year.

Lip

LITTLE NELL
08-09-2009, 05:21 PM

True, can't give up but if KW made 1 mistake this year it was relying on Contreras and Colon to hold up their end of the rotation and we are paying for it now. I'm not to excited about Mark and Danks right now either.

Zisk77
08-09-2009, 05:22 PM

Why? We've beat him before.

doublem23
08-09-2009, 05:23 PM

Now it's too hot. They're wearing black, for pete's sake, can't be expected to perform on a day like this.

SoxFan1979
All loses stink but playing like crap at home vs the indios is real bad. I'm hoping the sox wake up on this road trip :cool:

JB98
With the noted exception of Floyd's effort on Wednesday, the starting pitching has been brutal the last seven ballgames.

Even though no errors were made today, there were still some defensive miscues that add up: A missed cutoff in the fifth, allowing the opposing catcher an infield single in the sixth, a couple of doubles turned into triples in the late innings.

People can talk about how much Huff sucks all they want. It's really hard to outhit your bad defense and subpar pitching on a daily basis. The Sox are fortunate to be 3-4 in their last seven. Carrasco has bailed out bad starting pitchers twice during this stretch.

SoxGirl4Life
08-09-2009, 05:24 PM
With the noted exception of Floyd's effort on Wednesday, the starting pitching has been brutal the last seven ballgames.

Even though no errors were made today, there were still some defensive miscues that add up: A missed cutoff in the fifth, allowing the opposing catcher an infield single in the sixth, a couple of doubles turned into triples in the late innings.

People can talk about how much Huff sucks all they want. It's really hard to outhit your bad defense and subpar pitching on a daily basis. The Sox are fortunate to be 3-4 in their last seven. Carrasco has bailed out bad starting pitchers twice during this stretch.

Agree with this. Its not just the 4-5th spot, the 1 and 3 spot have been ugly as well. And we won a couple of those 5th starter games..

Boondock Saint
08-09-2009, 05:24 PM
Why? We've beat him before.

Well, I remember the last time we faced him, and it was ugly. I called my buddies up, telling them Danks vs. King Felix was going to be a classic pitcher's duel. We got blasted 9-1.

whitesoxfan
08-09-2009, 05:25 PM
It is flat out embarrassing to lose to garbage like they did today. Period...no excuses.

Rinse and repeat... pretty consistently since the opening series with the Royals.

----------

And speaking of embarrassing. Jose Contreras is doing the same thing that he did back in April when many were claiming he was "rushing" back from injury. Pitch OK to well for three or four innings than lose it.

Folks, he'd done. He was done probably last year even before the injury but you had to give him the benefit of the doubt (plus the Sox weren't willing to eat his contract...). You can make a strong case that he's been done since the second half of 2006.

I'm still trying to figure out how this "talented" team can lose 19 games to the worst teams in the league so far this year.

Lip

Couldn't have said it any better Lip.

The most frustrating teams in sports are .500 teams. Well folks, this team is awful frustrating and the record doesn't lie.

Red Barchetta
08-09-2009, 05:29 PM
If they continue to play at the level of their competition, they will continue to be a .500 team. We beat the good teams and the lose a series to Cleveland. We will not catch Detroit if this continues....

southsideirish71
08-09-2009, 05:29 PM
Anytime we want to start playing our divisional foes a bit better is fine by me. Out of the 3 contenders for the AL Central, we are the only team with a losing record. We are 3 games under 500 against a division that has KC and the Indians in it. Thats pretty sad.

LoveYourSuit
08-09-2009, 05:34 PM

Lip

The combination of one of the worst defensive ball clubs I have ever seen as a Sox fan to go along with a very inconsistant starting rotation ...... .500 is about where we should be.

The Sox do not do a singe thing "great" when it comes to baseball. Hitting HRs is about their only greatness and those numbers are a bit down from last year.

The defense is not going to get better, we all know that.

The only hope we have is for the starting rotation to kick it in gear and pitch as we have known to see them pitch and add Peavy to the equation. That's the only hope we have. A shutdown starting rotation.

Hitmen77
08-09-2009, 05:45 PM
This team simply keeps playing around the .500 mark. I think some fans here were too quick to drink the koolaid after the NYY series and the 1st 3 games vs. the Angels.

The biggest problem over all the last couple of weeks is Buehrle and Danks struggling. If they were both dealing as well as Floyd (and remember, we won our last two games with our 5th starter), then we wouldn't be gnashing our teeth over losses like today. For the Sox to take the division, they need Buehrle, Danks, Floyd (and Peavy in 2 weeks) to be pitching like the studs we think they are. If not, then the season ends on Oct 4 for us.

Oh, and our offense is not as good as it looks on paper. When Quentin finally comes around, other bats go cold....but still it's hard for them to carry us when we have giving up 8, 6, 9, and 8 runs in our last 4 losses.

JB98
08-09-2009, 05:49 PM
This team simply keeps playing around the .500 mark. I think some fans here were too quick to drink the koolaid after the NYY series and the 1st 3 games vs. the Angels.

The biggest problem over all the last couple of weeks is Buehrle and Danks struggling. If they were both dealing as well as Floyd (and remember, we won our last two games with our 5th starter), then we wouldn't be gnashing our teeth over losses like today. For the Sox to take the division, they need Buehrle, Danks, Floyd (and Peavy in 2 weeks) to be pitching like the studs we think they are. If not, then the season ends on Oct 4 for us.

Oh, and our offense is not as good as it looks on paper. When Quentin finally comes around, other bats go cold....but still it's hard for them to carry us when we have giving up 8, 6, 9, and 8 runs in our last 4 losses.

Offensively, the main problem right now is Dye and Konerko slumping at the same time. JD, in particular, is really struggling. Beckham had a rare poor game today, and thus our top four did next to nothing.

LoveYourSuit
08-09-2009, 05:59 PM

And if those 4 get hot and get us in, we would still have a very good shot at a short series to move on to the ALCS.

Nothing better than a hot pitching staff going to a short series.

So all hope is not lost.

It would be nice to win the division before the final few games this way we won't fall into the trap we did last year where we had our 4th best starter opening the series at TB (Javy). If we can set our rotation for those first 2 road games, we can make damage.

SoxGirl4Life
08-09-2009, 06:09 PM
Wow, there's football tonight

Martinigirl
08-09-2009, 06:10 PM
Enough has been said about Conteras, but I can't get past what a disaster Linbrink has become, again.

I had a horrible feeling about this series, I just knew we were going to lose it. I guess I should be happy we didnt get swept.

GlassSox
08-09-2009, 06:10 PM
Now it's too hot. They're wearing black, for pete's sake, can't be expected to perform on a day like this.

So who's the rocket scientist who put them in black. The other team performed on a hot day.

DirtySox
08-09-2009, 06:11 PM

I had just noticed that too.

I am somewhat intrigued at the possibility of more back and forth throwing at hitters in tonight's Red Sox/Yankees tilt though.

SoxGirl4Life
08-09-2009, 06:16 PM
I had just noticed that too.

I am somewhat intrigued at the possibility of more back and forth throwing at hitters in tonight's Red Sox/Yankees tilt though.

Oh yeah, I'm hoping for a Yankees sweep. If two teams from the East HAVE to make the postseason, I want NY and the Rays.

JB98
08-09-2009, 06:19 PM
Meaningless stat of the day:

Sox at home on Saturday: 9-0
Sox at home on Sunday: 2-7

The trend continues this weekend. Don't go to games on Sundays, folks. I learned my lesson and stayed home today.

Shoeless
08-09-2009, 06:22 PM
Offensively, the main problem right now is Dye and Konerko slumping at the same time. JD, in particular, is really struggling. Beckham had a rare poor game today, and thus our top four did next to nothing.

You also seem to get Scotty and Beckham to slump at the same time.

whitesoxfan
08-09-2009, 06:38 PM

Thankfully.

Soxman219
08-09-2009, 07:12 PM
Seattle is a good team. So with the trend that has been going recently, the Sox should take 2 out of 3 in this series.

Lip Man 1
08-09-2009, 07:19 PM
Seattle is a slightly better than average team AND they have a no name, unknown pitcher going for them on Monday. Plus they have a rookie making his major league debut going on Tuesday.

Gulp!

Lip

Oblong
08-09-2009, 07:19 PM
Cleveland has won 3 consecutive series against the top 3 teams in the AL Central.

They've played with a lot of energy since the trade deadline and are on a nice little 12-6 run going back to July 21.

PalehosePlanet
08-09-2009, 07:26 PM
So who's the rocket scientist who put them in black. The other team performed on a hot day.

You aren't talking about today are you? We wore the home white pin-stripes.

SoxGirl4Life
08-09-2009, 07:29 PM
Cleveland has won 3 consecutive series against the top 3 teams in the AL Central.

They've played with a lot of energy since the trade deadline and are on a nice little 12-6 run going back to July 21.

It all feeds into my Cleveland conspiracy theory. They tank in the first half in order to dump payroll. Then pick it up in the second half to give the fans something to hope for and to play spoiler.

I'm only half-kidding :tongue:

Boondock Saint
08-09-2009, 07:32 PM
Seattle is a slightly better than average team AND they have a no name, unknown pitcher going for them on Monday.

Lip

This "theory" has already been proven wrong.

Lip Man 1
08-09-2009, 07:39 PM
Boondock:

Yes they are 7-2 in the last nine against them. And before that they were 2-10 (or did you forget that little nugget?) Which if my math is correct adds up to a record of 9-12 against pitchers the rest of the American League is ripping to pieces. (I don't think I'd be shouting that stat to the rooftops if I were you, but that's just me...)

Lip

Blueprint1
08-09-2009, 07:39 PM
.500 ballclub at best here.

Lip Man 1
08-09-2009, 07:41 PM
Oblong:

It's a lot easier to play in the big leagues when you have nothing to play for and very little pressure on you because you are a terrible club in the first place.

Lip

Boondock Saint
08-09-2009, 07:48 PM
Boondock:

Yes they are 7-2 in the last nine against them. And before that they were 2-10 (or did you forget that little nugget?) Which if my math is correct adds up to a record of 9-12 against pitchers the rest of the American League is ripping to pieces. (I don't think I'd be shouting that stat to the rooftops if I were you, but that's just me...)

Lip

I think that it was posted on here a couple days ago that the Sox are 10-7 against pitchers they've seen for the first time this season. That's a little better than .500, and considering that this team is a hair over .500 overall, that seems about par for the course for this team.

soxfanatlanta
08-09-2009, 07:57 PM
I'll never understand this team.

Lip Man 1
08-09-2009, 08:05 PM
Boon:

Mark Gonzales of the Tribune had the numbers a few days ago and they were under .500 I know I saw it over the weekend at their site, I'll see if I can find it. I'm headed to my son's for dinner so it may not be until tomorrow.

Atlanta:

You and me both.

Lip

GlassSox
08-09-2009, 09:34 PM
You aren't talking about today are you? We wore the home white pin-stripes.

My bad mistake, bad day in the hospital today and very disapppointed in this series.

DickAllen72
08-09-2009, 09:46 PM

Lip
Because they can't catch the ball. The Sox defense is terrible. They need to improve their defense at almost every position but especially SS, 2B and the entire OF.

As for Jose, he certainly has been struggling as of late, but as a fifth starter he'll do. I believe he still has a few gems left in him. Anyway, he's certainly a better option than Torres, Whisler, etc.

DickAllen72
08-09-2009, 09:48 PM
True. Jose has been bad, but so have Buehrle and Danks lately, and Torres was worse.

Domeshot17
08-09-2009, 09:50 PM
These are the biggest games Buehrle and Danks will throw this year, atleast up until this point. I am not talking about in terms of history for his perfect game. We are sliding now. Buehrle and Danks both have to go out, and pitch their tails off and end this. 2 more laid eggs from them and we could find ourselves out of this race.

I imagine we will do what we do, play .500 ball on this road trip and stay 3-4 back, but a bad road trip can bury us now. Need to play well.

Lip Man 1
08-09-2009, 10:06 PM
Domeshot:

Mark Gonzales just landed in Seattle and got back with me regarding the numbers. Hope this helps:

"Just landed in Seattle. I want to say that first-time opponents are 10-7-2 (win-loss-no decision) vs. the Sox, who are 7-2 in their past 10 starts vs. them.

This team is relying too much on Peavy's return."

Lip

slavko
08-09-2009, 10:17 PM
Just hoping here that the high point of the season was not the perfecto which got us to a virtual tie for first (means we were still in second by % points).

We're all big fans, maybe we're a little too enthusiastic when things look like they're going good. Obviously, the coin has another side as we're demonstrating now. Everybody needs to take a deep breath or two and agree to be patient.

Lip Man 1
08-09-2009, 10:19 PM
Slavko:

You're right, but time is beginning to run out.

Lip

ode to veeck
08-09-2009, 10:28 PM
Slavko:

You're right, but time is beginning to run out.

Lip

Lip,

It's the 1st week of August and we're not even a handful of game out, time is running out!?!

LoveYourSuit
08-09-2009, 10:37 PM
Lip,

It's the 1st week of August and we're not even a handful of game out, time is running out!?!

You are 4 games behind in the loss column and still some very hard road trips coming up.

I too believe that it is getting late here to keep playing .500 baseball.

Also, it would be nice to be able to set up the rotation in our favor for a Divisional Play off Series rather than being forced to throw our 4th best guy in game one (Javy) because it took 162-163 games to decide this thing.

Hitmen77
08-09-2009, 11:26 PM
As a couple of others have already said, the Indians have not been playing like a sucky team of late. They also took 2 of 3 from the Twins and Tigers before doing the same to the Sox. They have won 12 of their last 18.

On difference though is that these other series wins were in Cleveland, not on the road. Also, since the Sox are 3 games out, it doesn't do us much good to say that the Tigers also lost 2 of 3 to the Tribe. We're the ones who have to make up ground, not Detroit.

Domeshot:

Mark Gonzales just landed in Seattle and got back with me regarding the numbers. Hope this helps:

"Just landed in Seattle. I want to say that first-time opponents are 10-7-2 (win-loss-no decision) vs. the Sox, who are 7-2 in their past 10 starts vs. them.

This team is relying too much on Peavy's return."

Lip

Interesting statement considering that the Sox wouldn't have any more wins since the Peavy trade if he weren't injured. We won the two games in the pitching rotation that he would have pitched. Having Peavy around isn't going to help us in games where Contreras, Danks and Buehrle get roughed up.

hi im skot
08-09-2009, 11:29 PM
Everyone panic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JB98
08-09-2009, 11:40 PM
As a couple of others have already said, the Indians have not been playing like a sucky team of late. They also took 2 of 3 from the Twins and Tigers before doing the same to the Sox. They have won 12 of their last 18.

On difference though is that these other series wins were in Cleveland, not on the road. Also, since the Sox are 3 games out, it doesn't do us much good to say that the Tigers also lost 2 of 3 to the Tribe. We're the ones who have to make up ground, not Detroit.

Interesting statement considering that the Sox wouldn't have any more wins since the Peavy trade if he weren't injured. We won the two games in the pitching rotation that he would have pitched. Having Peavy around isn't going to help us in games where Contreras, Danks and Buehrle get roughed up.

True, but the bullpen was taxed heavily in order to win those games. I think it's fair to say that hurt the Sox in a couple other games on this homestand, including today's game. If Peavy's in the rotation, maybe you've got a guy who's going to get into the seventh inning, as opposed to getting knocked out in the fourth.

StillMissOzzie
08-10-2009, 12:58 AM

Brutal pitching and defense lost this SERIES.

Damn, this team is an enigma - essentially a .500 team, but then you figure they've turned the corner after the Angels and Yankee series. Aparently not, and I don't care if the Tribe is playing loosey-goosey and care free, they weren't that good to begin with and the Sox should have beat them 2 of 3.

SMO
:angry::scratch::?:

Nellie_Fox
08-10-2009, 01:09 AM
Everyone panic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Okay.

http://preparednesspro.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/swine-flu-panic-button.jpg

hawkjt
08-10-2009, 02:03 AM
They looked like an old team playing a day game after a nite game in hot weather today.
We need the Red Sox to go back to Boston with their backs to the wall and come out firing on the tigers...take 3 of 4 while the Sox have a good 4-2 road trip...it is frustrating but again, I knew the tribe was hot and seem to hit us well ..so I am not shocked. I would not want to play the Nats right now either...just bad luck for the Sox to catch the Tribe when they are hitting right now.

kufram
08-10-2009, 03:46 AM
This year the White Sox are a hot and cold team. That means that it all depends on WHEN they are hot and WHEN they are cold. The Indians just took series from the Tigers and the Twins too, so they all cancelled each other out.

Remember 2005? Remember September of 2005? They couldn't win a game. A 16 game lead disappeared and there was a lot of talk about the biggest choke in history.

Then all of the pitchers got hot at the same time and what a ride it was.

In this case I think the best thing a fan can do is support the team. I like this team... sometimes they just play very badly. Get them on a roll at the right time and anything can happen.

It is right that fans critisize when justified. It is also right that fans support the team loudly in August/September when all of the moves have been made and they are still very much in the race. If it is true that we play up or down to our opponent's level then we'll be alright if we can make the post season.

I hate it when we lose but there is no point in assigning blame at this point. I love it when we win. I, for one, plan to ride this roller coaster and enjoy it as much as I can

SoxGirl4Life
08-10-2009, 07:34 AM
This year the White Sox are a hot and cold team. That means that it all depends on WHEN they are hot and WHEN they are cold. The Indians just took series from the Tigers and the Twins too, so they all cancelled each other out.

Remember 2005? Remember September of 2005? They couldn't win a game. A 16 game lead disappeared and there was a lot of talk about the biggest choke in history.

Then all of the pitchers got hot at the same time and what a ride it was.

In this case I think the best thing a fan can do is support the team. I like this team... sometimes they just play very badly. Get them on a roll at the right time and anything can happen.

It is right that fans critisize when justified. It is also right that fans support the team loudly in August/September when all of the moves have been made and they are still very much in the race. If it is true that we play up or down to our opponent's level then we'll be alright if we can make the post season.

I hate it when we lose but there is no point in assigning blame at this point. I love it when we win. I, for one, plan to ride this roller coaster and enjoy it as much as I can

Certainly, since you've been a member since last year, you are familiar with the collective psychosis of WSI when the Sox lose. But thanks for trying :D:

russ99
08-10-2009, 09:20 AM
People want to complain about the errors or lack of offense, but there's only one reason the Sox are scuffling, the starters aren't getting it done right now, other than Floyd. What's worse, is that it's taking a toll on the pen.

Maybe the best thing for Mark right now is to get out of town, since it seems all the hype over the perfect game has gotten to him a bit. Once everyone lets it go, he can settle down and get to work.

Lip Man 1
08-10-2009, 12:13 PM
Kufram:

In September 2005 the White Sox went 17-12 including a seven game win streak.

I'll take that any month of any season thank you.

It wasn't the fact that the Sox were choking, it was the fact that Cleveland was playing some of the hottest baseball seen in the league in years.

Lip

kittle42
08-10-2009, 12:37 PM
I would just like to say that I don't know how any of you could pay attention to anything this weekend other than the New York-Boston series.

Red Barchetta
08-10-2009, 12:42 PM
Kufram:

It wasn't the fact that the Sox were choking, it was the fact that Cleveland was playing some of the hottest baseball seen in the league in years.

Lip

What was also amazing is that the SOX went into Cleveland the last series of the season and swept them. All Cleveland had to do was win one game and they would have secured the Wild Card over Boston. The SOX essentially gave them the opportunity when they played half the Charlotte roster after clinching the division and the Tribe still could not beat us. Something I always remind my Boston Red Sox fan friends...:D:

hawkjt
08-10-2009, 12:42 PM
In 05 the Sox were 12-12 going into their last 5 regular season games...not horrible, but not great either.
They won the last 5 to pull away and then won 11 of 12. I would rather be hot in late sept than in August. Baseball is the ultimate game of streaks...we need a hot one the last two weeks of Sept and then october.

kufram
08-11-2009, 03:29 AM
I'm sorry mister Lipman, I'm sure that is true... I only really pay attention to current stats. There was certainly a time after the all-star break when the Sox couldn't win (maybe it was August?) and the big lead was wafting away not just because of the Indians winning. My point was that people were talking about the choke, not the Indians surge. Call it gut feeling, call it rose-tinted, call it stupid if you want to... I just sense that this team CAN get hot and beat anybody for a month. IF they do it at the right time i.e. any time now will do... then I wouldn't want to be the team playing them in the post season. Sorry for the optimism. I shall retreat to my box.

Kufram:

Lip

Lip Man 1
08-11-2009, 12:14 PM
Kufram:

:?:

Lip

kufram
08-12-2009, 12:04 PM
Kufram:

:?:

Lip
?

kufram
08-12-2009, 01:14 PM
Certainly, since you've been a member since last year, you are familiar with the collective psychosis of WSI when the Sox lose. But thanks for trying :D:
Well thank you, I noticed that you were sane