PDA

View Full Version : Ozzie vows retaliation for hit batters

thomas35forever
08-09-2009, 01:22 PM
Apparently, he's fed up with it. Understandably so.
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4387215

Ron Karkovice
08-09-2009, 01:24 PM
You're going to get a lot of posts here from people who completely disagree. I'm not one of them. Professional pitchers have enough control to stay well away from the head.

Scottiehaswheels
08-09-2009, 01:38 PM
You go O.G. About freakin time.

Flamer
08-09-2009, 01:59 PM
Ozzie is right to stand up for his players but he really should not be admitting his intentions to hit other team's players. That just doesn't seem very smart.

JermaineDye05
08-09-2009, 02:01 PM
Could Ozzie get suspended for saying something like that?

Flamer
08-09-2009, 02:02 PM

Pitchers have gotten fined and suspended for saying stuff like that.

Brian26
08-09-2009, 02:31 PM

He could be fined by MLB.

I agree with Ozzie's opinion, but he needs to just do it and not talk about it. Talking about it to the media serves no purpose in getting his message across. You get the message across on the field. Word spreads fast enough.

Daver
08-09-2009, 03:03 PM
Ozzie shouldn't have to say anything, AJ should have taken care of it already.

08-09-2009, 03:14 PM
Ozzie shouldn't have to say anything, AJ should have taken care of it already.

Amen.

Boondock Saint
08-09-2009, 03:16 PM
I don't like this. If he's going to do it, just do it. Don't announce it to MLB. "Hey, suspend me for doing what everyone else gets away with because they know to keep their mouths shut."

esbrechtel
08-09-2009, 03:31 PM
if he was going to do it now would be the time since they are losing 8 to 4...

GlassSox
08-09-2009, 04:06 PM
Do what it takes but Ozzie should keep his mouth shut.

A. Cavatica
08-09-2009, 04:24 PM
And yet, no Indians were hit today.

No surprise.

Ozzie is all bluster.

SoxGirl4Life
08-09-2009, 05:14 PM
Ok. ESPN has this as front page news, and the comments on that story are pissing me off. I don't have an ESPN account to comment, but if anyone does, have at it. Here's one:

frozengoat (8/9/2009 at 4:37 PM) Report Violation
How does this brainless #### still have a job? Goes to show that if you can fluke out a championship(Guillen managing, not Chisox winning) it will buy you many years no matter what you do.

Go back to doing what you do best Ozzie, distributing PEDS to your own kind.

Boondock Saint
08-09-2009, 05:18 PM
Ok. ESPN has this as front page news, and the comments on that story are pissing me off. I don't have an ESPN account to comment, but if anyone does, have at it. Here's one:
How does this brainless #### still have a job? Goes to show that if you can fluke out a championship(Guillen managing, not Chisox winning) it will buy you many years no matter what you do.

The vast majority of people that reply to ESPN stories are complete douchebag idiots that know jack **** about sports. It's like listening to drunken Cub fans in the bleachers at Wrigley, only over the internet.

SoxGirl4Life
08-09-2009, 05:20 PM
The vast majority of people that reply to ESPN stories are complete douchebag idiots that know jack **** about sports. It's like listening to drunken Cub fans in the bleachers at Wrigley, only over the internet.

I know. I should stay away from ESPN.

JB98
08-09-2009, 05:22 PM
I know. I should stay away from ESPN.

Their writers and TV personalities know nothing about sports. You can't expect people who watch that network and hit up that Web site to have much knowledge either.

white sox bill
08-09-2009, 06:30 PM

From frozengoat...yepper its a cubs fan. In all his glory

PalehosePlanet
08-09-2009, 06:35 PM

Or our "fans" calling Chris Rongey after a third loss in a row.

Everyone sucks, everyone needs to be traded or released, etc...

Iron Dragon2
08-09-2009, 06:40 PM
I would really like to know why no Indian hitters were hit today. The Sox had 4, FOUR, F-O-U-R, batters hit yesterday. ***?

BainesHOF
08-09-2009, 08:04 PM
The Cleveland series was an embarrassment. Our pitchers didn't retaliate at all?! Even after our manager mouthed off about it?!

This team doesn't have a whole lot of heart. It virtually never comes back in the late innings. (Even bad teams do that once in awhile.)

What's more is we look like a Little League team far too often. Our shortstop can't be bothered to run out a fly ball. And he has no concept about cutoff plays (even though his manager was a shortstop). Our defense is horrible. Most of our pitchers are apparently too cool (or too dumb) to even try to keep baserunners from robbing us blind.

When was the last Sox team that cared so little about fundamentals?

Dibbs
08-09-2009, 08:18 PM
I am sick of Ozzie with his big mouth. Just have the pitchers DO IT. Actions speak louder than words.

Big D
08-09-2009, 08:25 PM
I would really like to know why no Indian hitters were hit today. The Sox had 4, FOUR, F-O-U-R, batters hit yesterday. ***?

Maybe because everyone would have known it was intentional, and the pitcher would have been thrown out of the game and suspended by MLB. Because thanks to Ozzie's comments, that's what may happen the next time a Sox pitcher hits a batter (even if it isn't intentional). Life ain't fair, and neither is MLB.

Rohan
08-09-2009, 08:30 PM

I think it was three.

soxfan43
08-09-2009, 08:49 PM
And yet, no Indians were hit today.

No surprise.

Ozzie is all bluster.

Yup. Why say anything, just hit a damn guy. Unreal, I'm a big Ozzie supporter but this is ridiculous. Just do something, whining to the media isn't doing anything.

DickAllen72
08-09-2009, 08:51 PM
Ozzie is right to stand up for his players but he really should not be admitting his intentions to hit other team's players. That just doesn't seem very smart.
Ozzie still hasn't learned to keep his mouth shut. He's all talk.

Now when a Sox pitcher hits an opposing batter, the umps will probably issue warnings and maybe even suspensions.

You gotta do what you gotta do, but you don't have to talk about it. Never pass up a golden opportunity to keep your mouth shut.

TornLabrum
08-09-2009, 11:20 PM
Ozzie shot off his mouth. Question: How many Sox batters got hit today?

Nellie_Fox
08-10-2009, 12:17 AM
I think it was three.No, it was four. It's just that TCQ wasn't given the base because the first-base umpire VERY WRONGLY said he swung at the pitch.

SoxGirl4Life
08-10-2009, 06:36 AM
Ozzie shot off his mouth. Question: How many Sox batters got hit today?

Amazingly, zero. So the Indians got better control today than the last 6 games we've played them. Coincidence? I think not.

TornLabrum
08-10-2009, 06:39 AM
Amazingly, zero. So the Indians got better control today than the last 6 games we've played them. Coincidence? I think not.

But Ozzie is an idiot for shooting off his mouth. And we know this because of all the posts at WSI that say so.

SoxGirl4Life
08-10-2009, 06:54 AM
But Ozzie is an idiot for shooting off his mouth. And we know this because of all the posts at WSI that say so.

Of course. And Bobby wasn't fat Saturday, either!

fuzzy_patters
08-10-2009, 07:42 AM
Apparently, he's fed up with it. Understandably so.
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4387215

This is a total hatchet job by ESPN. They had the full interview on tv before the game yesterday. Ozzie said that we would hit people if he thought they were throwing at our guys on purpose. He also said that he didn't think that Cleveland was throwing at our guys on purpose, but if they are going to pitch inside without knowing how to do it, they need to stop before somebody gets hurt. Then he made the comment about Konerko being bruised all over. It was very nice of ESPN to take his comments out of context so that they could get some shock value out of them.

PKalltheway
08-10-2009, 10:24 AM
Go Ozzie!

thomas35forever
08-10-2009, 10:51 PM
Ozzie: "Whateva! I do what I want!"
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090810&content_id=6359460&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

JermaineDye05
08-10-2009, 10:59 PM
Ozzie: "Whateva! I do what I want!"
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090810&content_id=6359460&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

Ozzie's just asking for a suspension. I will be surprised if he doesn't at least get fined from MLB.

hi im skot
08-10-2009, 11:26 PM
Ozzie's just asking for a suspension. I will be surprised if he doesn't at least get fined from MLB.

He makes some good points in that article.