PDA

View Full Version : Bobby Jenks: A TANK

Rohan
08-09-2009, 12:14 AM
This season has been a fun one for Big Ol' Bobby. He's pitched through the flu, short rest, and now kidney stones.

Just a few days ago he was in the hospital having a very invasive surgery done to remove multiple kidney stones. Today he came out with one out in the ninth and had his best stuff on display.

The kid threw a 97 MPH fastball with a nasty two-seam-splitter-slurve-screwball thing. I don't think i've ever seen a professional athlete endure such circumstances and perform well while doing so.

Major kudos to him, and here's to a successful stretch run for Bobby Jenks :gulp:

gobears1987
08-09-2009, 12:16 AM
:threadrules:

All of Bobby's doubters can kiss his ass. They can also kiss Ozzie's ass too because Ozzie is right to trust his closer.

kevingrt
08-09-2009, 12:19 AM
We need Bobby to win the Central.

Without Bobby we go no where.

This is fact.

JB98
08-09-2009, 12:24 AM
We need Bobby to win the Central.

Without Bobby we go no where.

This is fact.

Yep. Gotta have Bobby healthy and on top of his game from this point forward. His arm should be relatively fresh, because he hasn't logged a lot of innings this year.

TheOldRoman
08-09-2009, 12:44 AM
I didn't see the game tonight, but did it look like Bobby had lost weight?

SOXfnNlansing
08-09-2009, 12:47 AM
He threw a great off speed pitch for a potential strike out, but the home plate ump called it a ball. He was great (so was Thornton too).

JB98
08-09-2009, 12:50 AM

Not really.

TheOldRoman
08-09-2009, 12:52 AM
Not really.I probably should have put that in teal. I was mocking the people who claim Bobby goes about 350lbs every time he doesn't retire the side in order.

LibertyBell
08-09-2009, 01:58 AM
This season has been a fun one for Big Ol' Bobby. He's pitched through the flu, short rest, and now kidney stones.

Just a few days ago he was in the hospital having a very invasive surgery done to remove multiple kidney stones. Today he came out with one out in the ninth and had his best stuff on display.

The kid threw a 97 MPH fastball with a nasty two-seam-splitter-slurve-screwball thing. I don't think i've ever seen a professional athlete endure such circumstances and perform well while doing so.

Major kudos to him, and here's to a successful stretch run for Bobby Jenks :gulp:

Agreed, it's been a difficult year for Bobby (he also lost his record for most batters retired consecutively, although I doubt he minds losing it to Mark). Passing a kidney stone sounds like the most horrific pain one could possibly endure. I've had painful dumps but I've never crapped out a rock. God bless Bobby and go Sox.

KnightSox
08-09-2009, 02:01 AM
I didn't see the game tonight, but did it look like Bobby had lost weight?Too me he actually did look like he lost a few, I could see it in his face.

The Critic
08-09-2009, 05:57 AM
Too me he actually did look like he lost a few, I could see it in his face.
My wife said the same thing.
He looked the same to me, though.

PeteWard
08-09-2009, 06:44 AM
Agreed, it's been a difficult year for Bobby (he also lost his record for most batters retired consecutively, although I doubt he minds losing it to Mark). Passing a kidney stone sounds like the most horrific pain one could possibly endure. I've had painful dumps but I've never crapped out a rock. .

If only it were that easy. Think on the only way it could be worse and that is how stones are passed. :whiner:

cbone
08-09-2009, 08:25 AM
The crowd was behind him 100% (not hiding behind him rooting for him), from the time he started his walk to the mound, till the last pitch. Sox fans know we need him and were ecstatic to see him pitch well last night. Great job Bobby!!!

TornLabrum
08-09-2009, 09:33 AM
It looked to me as if Bobby had shed a few pounds. I think kidney stones might make you miss a few meals.

Rohan
08-09-2009, 09:44 AM
It looked to me as if Bobby had shed a few pounds. I think kidney stones might make you miss a few meals.

And it's incredible that he can come to a ball game and get on the mound and pitch after the experience. A lot of people have trouble just going and work and sitting in a cubicle after such a energy draining experience.

gobears1987
08-09-2009, 09:45 AM
He probably lost weight through vomiting as kidney stones tend to induce that.

SCCWS
08-09-2009, 10:17 AM
Yep. Gotta have Bobby healthy and on top of his game from this point forward. His arm should be relatively fresh, because he hasn't logged a lot of innings this year.

At his current pace, Jenks will pitch more than he did last season. He appeared in 57 games in 08 and at his current pace will pitch 60+

WhiteSox1989
08-09-2009, 10:59 AM
:thumbsup:

Bobby's back to being big.

SoxGirl4Life
08-09-2009, 11:02 AM
:thumbsup:

Bobby's back to being big.

I know, right. He's fat when he blows a save, but just "big" when he's on his game. We need to save this thread for next year. (because Bobby ain't blowing anymore saves this year)

WhiteSox1989
08-09-2009, 11:05 AM
I know, right. He's fat when he blows a save, but just "big" when he's on his game. We need to save this thread for next year. (because Bobby ain't blowing anymore saves this year)
I mean I was pretty pissed at Bobby for that one game (I think it was against Tampa). But after I calmed down I knew that there was NOBODY else who could get the job done like him.

But it was ridiculous the amount of people over those couple days commented on Bobby's weight. Like just MAGICALLY he had gained 200 pounds over night.

TornLabrum
08-09-2009, 11:24 AM
He probably lost weight through vomiting as kidney stones tend to induce that.

Yup. I suspect I passed one as a teenager, (sharp stabbing pain in the right lower back), and before I did, I was on my knees doing just that.

JB98
08-09-2009, 12:03 PM
At his current pace, Jenks will pitch more than he did last season. He appeared in 57 games in 08 and at his current pace will pitch 60+

Huh? Jenks has thrown only 37 innings this year. At that pace, he will pitch 54 innings for the season. That would be his lowest total since 2005, a year in which Jenks did not join the Sox until July 5.

You're wrong.

Zisk77
08-09-2009, 12:19 PM
Agreed, it's been a difficult year for Bobby (he also lost his record for most batters retired consecutively, although I doubt he minds losing it to Mark). Passing a kidney stone sounds like the most horrific pain one could possibly endure. I've had painful dumps but I've never crapped out a rock. God bless Bobby and go Sox.

Wrong end :o: