PDA

View Full Version : Hunter Wendelstedt confuses Gardenhire for Ozzie

DumpJerry
08-08-2009, 09:41 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/9907816/Gardenhire-sounds-off-about-ump-after-ejection

It's nice to know that Ozzie isn't the only crazy one.......

That Hunter, he really brings out the best in people.

TheOldRoman
08-08-2009, 10:21 AM
Wendelstedt is a piece of ****. Combine horrible umpiring with showboating confrontationalism and a short temper, and you get this joke. He needs to be fired. At least Gardenhire doesn't have the "crazy" reputation, so maybe baseball will start to take notice.

Without seeing the play, I agree with Gardenhire. He would have a lot more credibility, however, if he didn't go on the ultra douchey rant about the umpires not "respecting" Santana a few years ago because he only got 6 inches off the plate instead of his normal 9.

JermaineDye05
08-08-2009, 12:35 PM
I said it in the AL Central thread last night and I'll say it again here.

Wendelstedt is a turd sandwich and needs to be fired.

white sox bill
08-08-2009, 01:51 PM
So Hunter has two daughters? You mean he's spreading his genes??:scratch:

soxrme
08-08-2009, 02:01 PM
He has hurt the Sox on more than one occasion he is not a competent umpire at all. Maybe he should go back to umpire school!

Dibbs
08-08-2009, 02:13 PM
He should be fired for actions like that. Nothing worse than umpires/referees that think people pay to see them officiate a game.

SBSoxFan
08-08-2009, 02:22 PM
The Garden Gnome isn't completely innocent in all this. He can't go argue a call without going over the top. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen him argue a call without getting tossed. Wendlestedt might be a piece of ****; so is Gardenhire.

Irishsox1
08-11-2009, 01:51 PM
The time in Oakland when Crede got hit on the forearm and Wendelstedt wouldn't award him first base was the last straw for me with this clown.

With his inconsistent strike zone, consistent missed calls and lack of self control when dealing with players and managers, it's easy to say that Wendelstedt is by far the worst umpire in MLB.

jdm2662
08-11-2009, 01:56 PM
The time in Oakland when Crede got hit on the forearm and Wendelstedt wouldn't award him first base was the last straw for me with this clown.

With his inconsistent strike zone, consistent missed calls and lack of self control when dealing with players and managers, it's easy to say that Wendelstedt is by far the worst umpire in MLB.

He and Bruce Fromeing made up the worst crew in the league. Sadly, I think Froeming was even worse, at least on the umping side.

I remember they also did the series at Yankee stadium that year. They were horrible for both sides.

JGarlandrules20
08-11-2009, 02:03 PM

Haha. I will never forget the craziness of that game. I remember Crede had to start at short because our infield was all banged up, and Widger started at third. Crede got tossed after the whole incident of being called back to the plate. After that, Jermaine was forced to play short for an inning. Surprisingly, I think we only lost by a run and that coming in the bottom of the 9th.

JermaineDye05
08-11-2009, 02:08 PM
Haha. I will never forget the craziness of that game. I remember Crede had to start at short because our infield was all banged up, and Widger started at third. Crede got tossed after the whole incident of being called back to the plate. After that, Jermaine was forced to play short for an inning. Surprisingly, I think we only lost by a run and that coming in the bottom of the 9th.

Crazier things happened that year...

http://por-img.cimcontent.net/api/assets/bin-200904/0b60abe6d777214950546142ae9c66d8.jpg

gobears1987
08-11-2009, 02:22 PM
Crazier things happened that year...

http://por-img.cimcontent.net/api/assets/bin-200904/0b60abe6d777214950546142ae9c66d8.jpg

The 2-1, swing and a high fly ball, deep right-centerfield. That is way back in the gap and it's a GONER!!! - John Rooney

I still miss Rooney :(:

soxfanreggie
08-12-2009, 10:17 AM
Ah the JD at shortstop game...so many great memories from that season! I was shocked as heck when I saw him in there at short.

DumpJerry
08-12-2009, 11:57 AM

Only one other ump made the same call. It was in a game in the early 1960's. Oh, who was that ump, you ask? Hunter's father. Coincidence?

He and Bruce Fromeing made up the worst crew in the league. Sadly, I think Froeming was even worse, at least on the umping side.

I remember they also did the series at Yankee stadium that year. They were horrible for both sides.
Don't seat Froeming next to Milt Pappas at a dinner party. Froeming is the reason why Mark Buehrle did not pitch the 19th perfect game in MLB history.....

Bobby Jenks
08-21-2009, 10:55 AM
He has hurt the Sox on more than one occasion he is not a competent umpire at all. Maybe he should go back to umpire school!

Sad thing is, he runs an umpire school.

eriqjaffe
08-21-2009, 11:18 AM
Sad thing is, he runs an umpire school.Those who can, do. Those who can't...

hawkjt
08-21-2009, 11:29 AM
The Sox not only get hit a lot, but like with Carlos this year, they sometimes get hit and do not get awarded first base.

Wendelstadt is one of the worst...I cringe when I see him on a crew for the sox.