PDA

View Full Version : A Helpful Hint on buying WSox/Beckham jerseys off EBAY

kruzer31
08-08-2009, 02:48 AM
This is just a helpful hint for people looking to buy Gordon Beckham jerseys and other Sox jerseys. On ebay right now there are alot of G.Beckham jerseys selling between 50 and 100 dollars being advertised as authentics. And yes, these come with the majestic tags attached and look real in the pictures but PLEASE BE WARNED THAT THESE ARE ALL BOOTLEG JERSEYS FROM CHINA. They have done it with purses, air jordans, and clothing. Now they are doing it with Sports jerseys. Over the past year I have seen tons of fake A.Ramirez, Konerko, Thome, Swisher, and Quentin jerseys. Right now they have Beckham jerseys and alot of fake Camouflage Sox jerseys. And there is even a fake Dick Allen 72 jersey out there. The Allen jersey sells for almost 300....Here is and example of the fake from the Phillipines.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/15-Dick-Allen-1972-White-Sox-Throwback-Jersey-size50_W0QQitemZ250479354035QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_ Men_s_Athletic_Apparel?hash=item3a51bba0b3&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

So once again, to everyone and the moderators this is just a helpful thread to warn people about the fakes jerseys out there. And if you think you are getting a quality product for cheap you are not. The jerseys are very shiny, the patches are off and smaller, and if you buy an XL it will fit more like a Medium. Just trying to look out for you guys since there has been alot of Jersey talk lately.

JEFF

Garland_IS_God
08-08-2009, 08:19 AM
I've bought a few jerseys off Ebay that were not legit, and thought they were decent for the price. Theirs a site I order jerseys from that charge $35 for MLB, NBA, NFL and $58 for NHL. The hockey jerseys are excellent quality for some reason.

hi im skot
08-08-2009, 12:06 PM
95% of all "authentic" jerseys on eBay are fakes.

MLB ones are awful, fit horribly and are made of a very shiny material. Easily the worst of all bootlegged jerseys.

NHL ones are dreadful (especially the Blackhawks ones).

NFL ones are sometimes passable, but are in bad shape after a couple washes.

NBA ones are lousy.

kruzer31
08-08-2009, 12:26 PM
I've bought a few jerseys off Ebay that were not legit, and thought they were decent for the price. Theirs a site I order jerseys from that charge $35 for MLB, NBA, NFL and $58 for NHL. The hockey jerseys are excellent quality for some reason.

Don't do it, you are supporting bootleg fakes and trust me people can tell you are wearing fakes.

That website should be fined or shut down.

Garland_IS_God
08-08-2009, 01:21 PM
Don't do it, you are supporting bootleg fakes and trust me people can tell you are wearing fakes.

I'd rather spend $35 than $175. Wearing fakes don't bother me.

hoosiersoxfan
08-08-2009, 01:22 PM

Yeah let people wear what they want. Some people don't want to spend $175 on a jersey when they can get one for $35.

Brian26
08-08-2009, 02:19 PM

I'd rather spend $35 than $175. Wearing fakes don't bother me.

Whether you choose to buy the jerseys or not, that's up to you. Everyone should appreciate Kruzer's tip though, as at least it lets us know what we're getting. You hate to see people buying fakes when they think they are getting the real thing.

That Dick Allen jersey looks pretty legit to me, except for the glaring lack of the Cooperstown Collection tag on the front bottom.

lizard6king6
08-08-2009, 03:01 PM
One thing i noticed with a lot of the fake White sox jerseys is that the neck patch colors are reversed. Its should be black on the left and silver on the right, most on ebay are opposite. But as others have said if its gonna save me 100 bucks, well worth the money.

kruzer31
08-09-2009, 01:08 AM
Whether you choose to buy the jerseys or not, that's up to you. Everyone should appreciate Kruzer's tip though, as at least it lets us know what we're getting. You hate to see people buying fakes when they think they are getting the real thing.

That Dick Allen jersey looks pretty legit to me, except for the glaring lack of the Cooperstown Collection tag on the front bottom.

Yeah, its is just a heads up for people. I understand people getting the cheaper jerseys in todays day and economy.

hi im skot
08-09-2009, 01:18 AM
Yeah, its is just a heads up for people. I understand people getting the cheaper jerseys in todays day and economy.

You get what you pay for, though.