PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 8-7 Buehrle the opposite of Perfect again

Domeshot17
08-07-2009, 10:56 PM
We never had a chance, pitched like crap tonight. Offense had chances to save him, nothing.

Buehrle has to get his head on straight, hes been downright bad since the perfecto.

guillensdisciple
08-07-2009, 10:57 PM
Rain is the outcome of sometimes darker clouds.

GoGoCrede
08-07-2009, 10:57 PM
I got nothin'. I'm glad the pen wasn't burned out. Burls stuck it out.

WhiteSox1989
08-07-2009, 10:58 PM
EHhh.

veeter
This one you just have to put in the rear view mirror.

SoxGirl4Life
:sigh: Get em tomorrow

DirtySox
Meh.

Get um tomorrow.

JB98
Terrible performance.

I've never really been able to get on the bandwagon this year. The Sox just beat themselves too much.

Soxman219
08-07-2009, 10:59 PM
Did we get Rios?

tsoxman
I am wondering how much Peavy is going to like giving up two-three unearned runs in his first start?

GoGoCrede
Jeremy Sowers day was a bust. I found you cuter when you sucked, Sowers.

mccoydp
08-07-2009, 11:01 PM
Meh. They had a good chance with the bases loaded in the 8th, but couldn't make anything happen. On to tomorrow, folks.

whitesoxfan
08-07-2009, 11:02 PM
Jeremy Sowers day was a bust. I found you cuter when you sucked, Sowers.

He still does suck. Just shows you how pathetic our offense was today.

MarkZ35
08-07-2009, 11:03 PM
Well there are still a lot of games left but it hurts when you lose to the Indians. It's still going to come down to the last few weeks.

Buehrle pitched his butt off and tried to battle but he wasn't fooling anybody. His last 16 innings he has give up 14 ER or something close to that. Head get too big or just a bad spell?

RTI_SoxFan
08-07-2009, 11:04 PM
Did we get Rios?

Huh?

It's Time
08-07-2009, 11:04 PM
The defense is laughable on this team. In fact, it's embarrassing. I can't rememeber the last time the White Sox were the worst defensive team in the league.

I do know this needs to be corrected in the off season.

Domeshot17
08-07-2009, 11:05 PM
These are games you have to win in a division race. Our ace vs Jeremy Sowers, we gotta have it.

Need the next 2.

SoxGirl4Life
08-07-2009, 11:05 PM
epic ranger show. tune in folks

Viva Medias B's
08-07-2009, 11:06 PM
We took 5 of 7 from the top two teams in the AL, yet Cleveland comes in a clobbers us.

voodoochile
The all time record for DP's that a 1B is involved in is 7. It's happened once. There are 6 or so other times a 1B has been involved in 6 DP's the last occurring in 1975.

Of course your pitcher has to allow a base runner in 6 innings for this to happen at all, so it's definitely a mixed bag. Still, kind of cool since nothing else in the game went right.

People still in love with Nix and his stellar defense at 2B?

tsoxman
The defense is laughable on this team. In fact, it's embarrassing. I can't rememeber the last time the White Sox were the worst defensive team in the league.

Apparently defense is not a huge priority with our GM (SEE Tyler Flowers and Dyan Viciedo)

SoxGirl4Life
We took 5 of 7 from the top two teams in the AL, yet Cleveland comes in a clobbers us.

the clobbered the tigers and twins this week too

Soxman219
08-07-2009, 11:07 PM
Huh?

Rumor has it that we obtained Alex Rios from waivers.

doublem23
08-07-2009, 11:07 PM
Oh no, we're ****ty again.

sox1970
08-07-2009, 11:08 PM

Not even close.

SoxGirl4Life
08-07-2009, 11:09 PM

:lol:

Domeshot17

No one was said we got him.

What has been RUMORED is we claimed him. The Blue Jays now have the right to trade him to us, give him to us, or keep him. We have no idea until something happens (or the Tuesday deadline) if we got him.

RTI_SoxFan

Just saw on Rotoworld, he has been claimed by an unknown team. So the Jays either trade him or take him off waivers. His contract is huge though?

Where did you hear this?

And if this is indeed true, where does Pods play?

october23sp
http://www.cineol.net/images/noticias/Cameos/Waterboy_2.jpg

doublem23

I think the real question is where does Rios play?

RTI_SoxFan
08-07-2009, 11:10 PM

Fair enough, I guess that is a good problem to have. But Pods is NOT a good CF... Rios is!

SoxGirl4Life
08-07-2009, 11:11 PM
Just saw on Rotoworld, he has been claimed by an unknown team. So the Jays either trade him or take him off waivers. His contract is huge though?

Where did you hear this?

There's a 6 page thread on this in "What's the Score"

It's Time
08-07-2009, 11:11 PM
Is anyone concerned that the Sox are 4 back in the loss column?

JB98
08-07-2009, 11:12 PM

Nah. Not really. I don't have high expectations.

doublem23
08-07-2009, 11:12 PM

50 games left in the season so no.

Soxman219
08-07-2009, 11:13 PM
No one was said we got him.

What has been RUMORED is we claimed him. The Blue Jays now have the right to trade him to us, give him to us, or keep him. We have no idea until something happens (or the Tuesday deadline) if we got him.

Oh, ok.

october23sp
08-07-2009, 11:14 PM
Fair enough, I guess that is a good problem to have. But Pods is NOT a good CF... Rios is!

I'd rather have Pods.

WhiteSox1989
08-07-2009, 11:15 PM
I had a bad day. A White Sox winner would have made me happy. Instead they just turned it into a crappy night.

Shame on them. :D:

SephClone89
08-07-2009, 11:16 PM
This team is so frustrating. They'll be great for two or three series and you'll be elated. Then they take a crap, usually against a team in the division.

I swear, this team would compete more in the East this year than the Central. : P

Good news: Beckham's Daily Double!

It's Time
08-07-2009, 11:17 PM
50 games left in the season so no.

This game really makes me question what to think of this team. The defense is bad, the offense is good (for the most part) and the pitching is starting to worry me a bit as well.

#1swisher
08-07-2009, 11:18 PM
I had a bad day. A White Sox winner would have made me happy. Instead they just turned it into a crappy night.

Shame on them. :D:

Did you just call in to Rongey? That guy had a bad day too and asked about Rios:smile:

voodoochile

Better edit your poll...:D:

SoxGirl4Life
This game really makes me question what to think of this team. The defense is bad, the offense is good (for the most part) and the pitching is starting to worry a me a bit as well.

They're a .500 team. With this defense, that's saying something!

GoGoCrede
08-07-2009, 11:19 PM
Did you just call in to Rongey? That guy had a bad day too and asked about Rios:smile:

That guy was funny. He wanted to trade Buehrle to St Louis.

WhiteSox1989
08-07-2009, 11:21 PM

No. HAHA. I'm a chick, anyway.

What did this dude say to Rongey? I don't have on the radio because I am watching Real Chance of Love. :smile:

GoGoCrede
08-07-2009, 11:22 PM
No. HAHA. I'm a chick, anyway.

What did this dude say to Rongey? I don't have on the radio because I am watching Real Chance of Love. :smile:

He got a flat tire so he was pissed anyway, then the game made it worse. He got kinda long-winded about that. He's mad at Buehrle and wants to trade him to STL. I don't remember the rest, I was laughing too hard.

WhiteSox1989
08-07-2009, 11:23 PM
He got a flat tire so he was pissed anyway, then the game made it worse. He got kinda long-winded about that. He's mad at Buehrle and wants to trade him to STL. I don't remember the rest, I was laughing too hard.
Ridiculous. Sox fans have such GOOD memories. Geez.

DickAllen72
08-07-2009, 11:27 PM

The defense is atrocious. Quentin and Pods in the outfield tonight was a comedy of errors, and we all know how painful it is watching Dye playing RF day after day.

The infield defense is terrible as well especially up the middle.

The bad defense causes the pitchers to have to throw too many extra pitches and puts them in too many pressure situations.

I hope they manage to land Rios for CF and maybe KW should try to get Omar Vizquel if the old man can pass through waivers. With Vizquel at SS and Ramirez back at 2B along with Rios in CF, maybe the Sox can make plays that good major league teams have to make to be considered serious contenders.

Viva Medias B's
08-07-2009, 11:31 PM

:hawk
"Where's he gonna play?"

GoGoCrede
08-07-2009, 11:35 PM
Huh. Some caller on the Score wants to bring Pods in next year as a DH. :redneck

LoveYourSuit
08-07-2009, 11:40 PM
Our key veterans are letting us down big time lately. Dye and Buehrle. Konerko not too far behind.

Outside of Floyd, this starting rotation has sucked lately. Get it together boys. The next two games are MUST WIN for us.

LoveYourSuit
08-07-2009, 11:41 PM
Huh. Some caller on the Score wants to bring Pods in next year as a DH. :redneck

Watching him play OF, I too don't want him anywhere out there.

thomas35forever
08-07-2009, 11:57 PM
Glad I missed this one. I heard a little bit on the radio, but it was ugly for the most part. Get 'em tomorrow.

Lip Man 1
08-08-2009, 12:01 AM
Garbage performance against a garbage team this evening. The only thing this team does with any "consistency" is kick the ball around.

I guess the Jeremy Sowers comments end tonight.

Lip

slavko
08-08-2009, 12:02 AM

Best place to hide him, IMO.

Un-un-un-un-fire Greg Walker.

How often is an ace supposed to have a good game?

Crestani
08-08-2009, 12:10 AM
Garbage performance against a garbage team this evening. The only thing this team does with any "consistency" is kick the ball around.

Lip

The only consistency I have noticed is in Mark's last two starts the hitters are teeing off on first pitches. They are not letting him get ahead in the count anymore. Is this a problem?

PalehosePlanet
08-08-2009, 12:18 AM

Lip

Yeah, this was a return to the corpse-ball team we saw from late April to late May. Bad Pitching, bad defense and bad offense against a **** pitcher that we own.

ms620
08-08-2009, 02:43 AM
Yeah, this was a return to the corpse-ball team we saw from late April to late May. Bad Pitching, bad defense and bad offense against a **** pitcher that we own.

But are only 3 games back....which means by WSI standards that the White Sox are either good or great!

BadBobbyJenks
08-08-2009, 02:48 AM
Basesloaded nobody out, Chris Perez on the mound and we don't even threaten to scratch one home. What a joke.

Everything in my house is lucky it was not broken.

doublem23
08-08-2009, 02:52 AM
But are only 3 games back....which means by WSI standards that the White Sox are either good or great!

Yeah, only bad teams beat win 5 of 7 games against the two teams with the best record in the league.

ms620
08-08-2009, 02:55 AM
Yeah, only bad teams beat win 5 of 7 games against the two teams with the best record in the league.

Your logic does not make any sense. I could say only bad teams lose 6 out of 7 to mediocre teams (Tigers and Twins)...are you really going to contend that they are a good team b.c of those 7 games?

ChiSox81
08-08-2009, 03:00 AM

Yep people are being ridiculous here. We may have lost a couple of games but we are still the best team in the central and one of the top teams in the AL

Lip Man 1
08-08-2009, 03:45 AM
Well the Sox have now lost a total of 18 games to the trash of the American League...Baltimore, Oakland, Kansas City and Cleveland.

If they don't win this division they'll be kicking themselves in the ass all winter over that little number won't they?

It's great they have done so well against the Yankees, Angels and Rays...but that impact is lost somewhat when you can't beat the Orioles or the Royals or the Indians. It's the same issue the 2006 club had and it cost them dearly that season too. They lost a ton of games to teams that had losing records.

Lip

Frater Perdurabo
08-08-2009, 07:50 AM
Well the Sox have now lost a total of 18 games to the trash of the American League...Baltimore, Oakland, Kansas City and Cleveland.

If they don't win this division they'll be kicking themselves in the ass all winter over that little number won't they?

It's great they have done so well against the Yankees, Angels and Rays...but that impact is lost somewhat when you can't beat the Orioles or the Royals or the Indians. It's the same issue the 2006 club had and it cost them dearly that season too. They lost a ton of games to teams that had losing records.

Lip

At what point is this a "management" issue?

kittle42
08-08-2009, 10:41 AM

Lip

Dead on, Lip.

This is why every game is important, even the ones Javy pitched "under no pressure" from April-July.

Hitmen77
08-08-2009, 11:18 AM

Lip

The shoddy defense is killing us. Unless they can somehow ratchet down that defense, we will NOT finish in first unless Detroit and Minnesota totally flub their stretch run.

The failure to score runners in scoring position with 0 or 1 outs doesn't help either. The headline for last night's game is "Buehrle gets roughed up".....but even if Buehrle pitched a good game by giving up only 2 earned runs plus the 3rd unearned run, we still lose.

Chicken Dinner
08-08-2009, 12:28 PM
The last 3 games could be the key, but this stat is unacceptable:

http://mlb.mlb.com/stats/sortable_team_stats.jsp?statType=3&timeFrame=1&Submit=Submit&c_id=mlb&groupByTeam=true&sitSplit=&baseballScope=mlb&timeSubFrame=2009&sortByStat=E

Lip Man 1
08-08-2009, 12:39 PM
Frater:

Not sure what you mean by management? Ozzie? Kenny??

Are you talking 'motivation' or 'lineup changes' or what.

Lip

JB98
08-08-2009, 02:21 PM
Yep people are being ridiculous here. We may have lost a couple of games but we are still the best team in the central and one of the top teams in the AL

There are seven teams in the American League that have a better record than the White Sox. The Sox are actually in the bottom half of the league in terms of winning percentage.

This club is neither great nor bad. It is profoundly mediocre.

kittle42
08-08-2009, 02:47 PM
There are seven teams in the American League that have a better record than the White Sox. The Sox are actually in the bottom half of the league in terms of winning percentage.

Exactly, and that's what it's been all season.

Brian26
08-08-2009, 02:52 PM

However, this team is much, much better than the team that was fielded in April and May. The problem with looking at the record now is that it takes into account the team when Fields was the starting 3B, Getz wasn't hitting, BA and Wise were stinking up CF, Pods wasn't here yet, Beckham wasn't here, the bullpen wasn't as good, etc.

The Sox, as they are built now, are a much better than mediocre team, which they proved to LAA and NYY, and they're only going to get better once Peavy arrives.

The biggest concern I have is defense, and I'm not sure they can correct that this year.

JB98
08-08-2009, 03:01 PM
However, this team is much, much better than the team that was fielded in April and May. The problem with looking at the record now is that it takes into account the team when Fields was the starting 3B, Getz wasn't hitting, BA and Wise were stinking up CF, Pods wasn't here yet, Beckham wasn't here, the bullpen wasn't as good, etc.

The Sox, as they are built now, are a much better than mediocre team, which they proved to LAA and NYY, and they're only going to get better once Peavy arrives.

The biggest concern I have is defense, and I'm not sure they can correct that this year.

They are 11-11 since the All-Star break, 9-10 since Quentin returned to the 25-man. They've continued to just be average, even with the changes they've made to the roster.

The defense is a huge part of their mediocrity. They give away games, and even when they win, they make their pitchers work much harder than necessary.

If they hang close until Peavy comes back, maybe that will give them the boost they need. Right now, I'm expecting this White Sox team to continue to win about half its games.

DickAllen72
08-08-2009, 03:06 PM
They are 11-11 since the All-Star break, 9-10 since Quentin returned to the 25-man. They've continued to just be average, even with the changes they've made to the roster.

The defense is a huge part of their mediocrity. They give away games, and even when they win, they make their pitchers work much harder than necessary.

If they hang close until Peavy comes back, maybe that will give them the boost they need. Right now, I'm expecting this White Sox team to continue to win about half its games.

Alex Rios would help.

JB98
08-08-2009, 03:08 PM
Alex Rios would help.

He certainly wouldn't make the Sox any worse.

ode to veeck
08-08-2009, 06:01 PM

Cmon now that we traded Brian Anderson that had to be a huge step function above mediocracy right there!

Lip Man 1
08-08-2009, 06:21 PM
For what it's worth... was in touch with a high ranking member of the front office this afternoon. We were exchanging thoughts on the club. This person feels that the Sox are lacking "killer instinct" (direct quote) right now and if they don't improve their defense they'll be going home in October. If they can start catching the ball better they think they'll win it.

Lip

SCCWS
08-08-2009, 08:49 PM
For what it's worth... was in touch with a high ranking member of the front office this afternoon. We were exchanging thoughts on the club. This person feels that the Sox are lacking "killer instinct" (direct quote) right now and if they don't improve their defense they'll be going home in October. If they can start catching the ball better they think they'll win it.

Lip

Well think about who the below average fielders are based on fielding %............ Dye, Beckham, Ramirez,Getz, Castro, Fields and Nix( only as a SS) . Maybe next year the defense gets better but it will be pretty tough this year. To all the fans who wanted to unload Cabrera because SS was Alexi's natural position, in hindsight it may be the main cause of their demise.

Nellie_Fox
08-09-2009, 01:06 AM
...To all the fans who wanted to unload Cabrera because SS was Alexi's natural position, in hindsight it may be the main cause of their demise.The man's name is Alexei. It's really not hard.

Alexi is Casilla