Binny's Orland Park
Saturday 8, 2009
11am - 1pm
Limit to one autograph for $5 charge any item

103 Orland Park Pl #A
708-226-9902

areilly
08-07-2009, 02:53 PM
I have never been more proud to be a Sox fan than when I heard my favorite team's esteemed manager is doing his PR work at a liquor store.

:gulp:

Shoeless_Jeff
08-07-2009, 03:04 PM
I'd go, but work always seems to interfere with my leisure schedule.

salty99
08-07-2009, 03:33 PM
He has been there the past 3 years or so and at least part of the money goes to charity.

ShoelessJoeS
08-07-2009, 03:35 PM
I have never been more proud to be a Sox fan than when I heard my favorite team's esteemed manager is doing his PR work at a liquor store.

:gulp::thumbsup:

rocky biddle
08-07-2009, 06:36 PM
When I was doing the Niketown remodel in 2000 players used to come in there all the time. One afternoon Ozzie walks in. I asked for his autograph and handed him a Sharpie and a Sbarro coupon, which was the only paper-ish thing I had on me at the time. I shook his hand, thanked him and put it in my wallet.

Then I forgot all about it and accidentally used the coupon for lunch the next day.

Frankfan4life
08-07-2009, 07:07 PM
He has been there the past 3 years or so and at least part of the money goes to charity.Where does the other part of the money go? :tongue:

Shoeless_Jeff
08-07-2009, 09:10 PM
When I was doing the Niketown remodel in 2000 players used to come in there all the time. One afternoon Ozzie walks in. I asked for his autograph and handed him a Sharpie and a Sbarro coupon, which was the only paper-ish thing I had on me at the time. I shook his hand, thanked him and put it in my wallet.

Then I forgot all about it and accidentally used the coupon for lunch the next day.

That's pretty funny.

As for Binny's... going into that place now I feel like I did when I went into Toys R' Us when I was six.

Brian26
08-08-2009, 02:23 PM
I got Scotty Pods' autograph this morning in Matteson. I drove by the Ozzie signing in Orland on the way home, and it looked like there were still 300 people in line at noon. I decided to pass. I'm curious if Ozzie got to everyone or if they cut the line off.

Domeshot17
08-08-2009, 02:26 PM
I got Scotty Pods' autograph this morning in Matteson. I drove by the Ozzie signing in Orland on the way home, and it looked like there were still 300 people in line at noon. I decided to pass. I'm curious if Ozzie got to everyone or if they cut the line off.

Same here. Where abouts where you in the Pods Line? We got there abotu 915 or so and I would guess were 200 deep.

Brian26
08-08-2009, 02:43 PM
Same here. Where abouts where you in the Pods Line? We got there abotu 915 or so and I would guess were 200 deep.

I got there about 9:05...we must have been pretty close in line. I think I got out around 11:30.

FreddyForever
08-08-2009, 03:22 PM
I also arrived at 9 o'clock and got out at around 11:30. I was extremely disappointed because the first hundred or so people got to have him sign two things, then when things weren't moving quick enough, they cut it down to one per person, which I didn't know. So I get up to him, and I place the "Total White Sox" encyclopedia in front of him, and a baseball card. Fortunately he signs the encyclopedia first, then he goes for the card. I swear, his Sharpie touched the card, and the security guard screams "One item per person!!" So Podsednik puts the marker down, and looks at me with a helpless face and says, "Sorry man, there's just too many people." So I guess Podsednik was just doing what he was told to do. But nonetheless it made me a little PO'd.

esbrechtel
08-08-2009, 04:07 PM
I got there at 830 and was done by 1030, that sucks that you couldn't get your card and the book signed....I only had an 8x10 but I definately had dealers in front of me, they were there with about 8 kids and all of the kids had two items that pisses me off :angry:

FreddyForever
08-08-2009, 04:14 PM
I got there at 830 and was done by 1030, that sucks that you couldn't get your card and the book signed....I only had an 8x10 but I definately had dealers in front of me, they were there with about 8 kids and all of the kids had two items that pisses me off :angry:
Oh yeah, there were a lot of kids. 95% of them had a ball in one hand and an 8x10 in the other.

BainesHOF
08-08-2009, 04:35 PM
I was lucky to get Podsednik and Ozzie today.

I arrived at the Pods signing right when it was supposed to start at 10 a.m. and there was a loooooooong line. I didn't have a lot of hope that I'd get an autograph, but I decided to wait since I drove an hour to get there. I almost bailed a couple times, and some others did. They made a mistake. I'm not sure if it's because Pods got there late, but it was announced that he'd stay until 12:15 p.m. (Instead of the scheduled noon.) That saved me. I got his autograph at about 12:10 p.m. Unfortunately, he didn't sign a World Series baseball with a special notation like I politely asked him. "Can't," came his reply. "But I can add my number." OK, whatever. I thanked him anyway.

Pods remains extremely popular. The manager at the dealership said it was the third signing they've had, and this was the biggest turnout by far. I can vouch for that. I attended their Jenks signing a year or two ago, and there was only about a quarter of the people at that one as there was for Pods.

Didn't think I'd be able to get Ozzie at Binny's, but decided to drive there anyway. At the very least, I thought, I'd see if they had any Buehrle wine for sale. I got there with about 20 minutes left in the signing and there was still a fairly sizeable line out there door. I didn't even get in line right away, figuring my chances were shot, so I went into the store to check on the wine. They were sold out. With about 15 minutes in the signing, I decided to get in line just in case...and it paid off. Ozzie stayed for an extra 15-20 minutes to accommodate everyone.

All in all, it wasn't a bad day.

I'd just add that at all such signings, especially free ones, there should be a limit of one autograph per person. There's absolutely no reason for some people to obtain multiples while others get shut out. If you want to get more than one, you should have to go to the end of the line and wait again.

BubblingCalderon
08-10-2009, 11:23 AM
Got Ozzie and Coops autograph Saturday.

I went to Binny's for the Ozzie autograph but I also needed to get a large amount of beer for a party that night. I don't like crowds so I left Binny's and went to Kenwood at 159th and Will/Cook rd. I walk in and Don Cooper was sitting by himself signing autographs and handing out Coop's cream soda. He had a large stack or smaller color photos of himself so I had him sign that for me.

ewokpelts
08-10-2009, 12:24 PM
Got Ozzie and Coops autograph Saturday.

I went to Binny's for the Ozzie autograph but I also needed to get a large amount of beer for a party that night. I don't like crowds so I left Binny's and went to Kenwood at 159th and Will/Cook rd. I walk in and Don Cooper was sitting by himself signing autographs and handing out Coop's cream soda. He had a large stack or smaller color photos of himself so I had him sign that for me.cooper's hawking cream soda?

WhiteSoxJunkie
08-10-2009, 08:33 PM

Ozzie's autograph is at least worth a free pizza! :D:

I wonder if any of the Sbarro employees realized they had Ozzie's autograph. I so would've pocketed that if it were me.

35th&Shields
08-10-2009, 09:53 PM
Ozzie's my neighbor in the West Loop. I always just say hi and good luck. Sometimes we chat a little bit. But it's weird, I would never ask him for his autograph b/c I'm his neighbor. He was my favorite player when I was a kid and now I see him while I'm taking out the garbage. .

Clembasbal
08-10-2009, 09:55 PM
How do you guys find out about this autograph sessions?

ewokpelts
08-11-2009, 10:26 AM
www.csac.biz (http://www.csac.biz)

it's a pay site for advance listings(they put up public info a day or so before the event), but very detailed.

EdPopThis
08-11-2009, 10:56 PM
I really don't have a problem with those people termed "dealers" that show up at a signing. I've bought items from these people as I know their signatures are legit, since they make a business of it and are everywhere. Nothing worse than buying a phony signature.

I sometimes think that this venom spewed at dealers all boils down to jealousy because they are walking away with more signatures than the rest of us.

If their trying to better themselves by selling autographs, I dont see a problem with it.

ewokpelts
08-12-2009, 12:10 PM
I really don't have a problem with those people termed "dealers" that show up at a signing. I've bought items from these people as I know their signatures are legit, since they make a business of it and are everywhere. Nothing worse than buying a phony signature.

I sometimes think that this venom spewed at dealers all boils down to jealousy because they are walking away with more signatures than the rest of us.

If their trying to better themselves by selling autographs, I dont see a problem with it.I th8ink people have issues with hawkers
at free events. If you go to a paid signing, or card show, and the hawklers are paying for the signatures, who cares.

Mind, you, i go to ebay and just get auto cards. they'r ecertified authentic, and are much cheaper.