PDA

View Full Version : Wise autograph session in Schaumburg

Law11
08-07-2009, 02:01 PM
http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=312333&src=9

Seems Mark has multiple gifts planned.

CWSpalehoseCWS
08-07-2009, 02:07 PM
Ron Kittle walked by the line yeaterday while everyone was waiting. No one recognized him except me and one other guy.

BainesHOF
08-08-2009, 12:54 AM
A guy came up to me and asked me who was signing. I told him Wise and looked his way. It was Kittle. I said hi to him, and then he continued about his way shopping.

Domeshot17
08-08-2009, 12:58 AM
Funny Ron Kittle story:

I was getting his book autographed in LaGrange at Borders a few years back. The person infront of me walked up to him and asked him really loudly and excitedly "Can you sign it Beltin Bill Melton". Kittles eyes got huge, then he laughed. I think it was a kid, 12-13 years old, but i really can't remember as I was way too busy laughing.

35th&Shields
08-08-2009, 04:18 PM
Funny Ron Kittle story:

I was getting his book autographed in LaGrange at Borders a few years back. The person infront of me walked up to him and asked him really loudly and excitedly "Can you sign it Beltin Bill Melton". Kittles eyes got huge, then he laughed. I think it was a kid, 12-13 years old, but i really can't remember as I was way too busy laughing.

About 7-8 years ago the post game show was in the Bullpen Bar. Melton was up there doing his thing. However, 35th&Shields had been overserved and was convinced Melton was actually Moose Skowron (I don't even pretend that this makes an iota of sense). I staggered up to talk to "Moose" and Melton looked at me like I was crazy and told me to go away.

I ran into Melton at a Christmas party a couple of years ago and told him the story. We laughed about it. He was great, we both thought it was pretty funny.