PDA

View Full Version : Close To Perfect Game

kevingrt
06-06-2002, 10:59 AM
Last nites game was as close to perfect as you could get...

1st of all Gary G. Outstanding 7 IP, 3 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 5 K's. Just amazing for someone that has acted like he was in spring training all year. I think JM gave him the Cubs trade speech.

Great bullpen work from Rocky Biddle 2 IP, 0 H, 0 ER, 1 BB, 2 K's. That is just amazing 0 hits over 2 IP, AWESOME, for the Sox bullpen.

That gets us in a pickle now trying to get RB in the starting roll, and GG did very well. Any chance of moving' Todd Ritchie to bullpen, NO, contract, but then KW tells JM salary doesn't matter.

Are hitting finally stepped up. Kenny, Frank, & Liefer 1 Hit. Ray, Tony, & Carlos 0 Hits. Carlos had a Sac Fly though that got our 1st run in. Konerko, Valentin, & Johnson all 2 hits.

The only6 problem I had is we scored in only TWO innings. I think spreading them out is good. But then again you can really kill a team by putting 5 runs on the board in one inning!

Love to hear your guys thought!

Iwritecode
06-06-2002, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by kevingrt
Last nites game was as close to perfect as you could get...

1st of all Gary G. Outstanding 7 IP, 3 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 5 K's. Just amazing for someone that has acted like he was in spring training all year. I think JM gave him the Cubs trade speech.

Great bullpen work from Rocky Biddle 2 IP, 0 H, 0 ER, 1 BB, 2 K's. That is just amazing 0 hits over 2 IP, AWESOME, for the Sox bullpen.

That gets us in a pickle now trying to get RB in the starting roll, and GG did very well. Any chance of moving' Todd Ritchie to bullpen, NO, contract, but then KW tells JM salary doesn't matter.

Are hitting finally stepped up. Kenny, Frank, & Liefer 1 Hit. Ray, Tony, & Carlos 0 Hits. Carlos had a Sac Fly though that got our 1st run in. Konerko, Valentin, & Johnson all 2 hits.

The only problem I had is we scored in only TWO innings. I think spreading them out is good. But then again you can really kill a team by putting 5 runs on the board in one inning!

Love to hear your guys thought!

This game definitely helps the team to get going in the right direction. They are guaranteed at least a split of the series which is something they haven't done in a little while. The pitching has been fairly consistent it's just the offense that was having trouble. It looks like it's finally starting to pick up now. Hopefully they can win tonight to take the series and then just continue to win or split each series. If they can manage that, they should catch Minny with no problem.

hold2dibber
06-06-2002, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by kevingrt

My guess is that Biddle will work out of the pen for most of the year, in light of the fact that he is coming off surgery. But I really like him and would be very surprised if he wasn't part of the starting rotation coming out of ST next year. I think he has the makings of a legitiimate, 14-18 wins per year starting pitcher. Good stuff, good command, and no fear out there.

delben91
06-06-2002, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber

Good stuff, good command, and no fear out there.

:rock
"And don't forget the awesome sideburns."

FanOf14
06-06-2002, 01:30 PM
It probably will be next year before Biddle makes a start. when pitching 2-3 innings every few nights, it's hard to build up stamina to go 5+ innings to make a start and then build from there. Hope we either pick up a few pitchers or Glover can give repeat performances of last night through out the rest of the year.

raul12
06-06-2002, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber

and no fear out there.

:rocky
i've got rocks for balls!

:kipper
i've got jello for balls!