PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 8-5-09 Floyd, Thome, and Paul Go Deep Postgame Thread

BleacherBandit
08-05-2009, 09:45 PM
Discuss!

gobears1987
I think the Yankees and Red Sox fear facing us more than we fear facing them.

Marqhead
:thome:

"THE ONLY THING I CAN DO IS CRANK DINGERS, AN THE ONLY THING YOU CAN DO IS GIVE EM UP."

Pear-Zin-Ski
08-05-2009, 09:46 PM
That was fun!:)

GoGoCrede
I love you, Gavin Floyd. And you as well, Clubhouse Chat.

NDSox12
Another great outing by Gavin... and this time he even got a win out of it!

Shoeless
The *Official* Chat revival thread!

soxnut1018
Well that was fun! :bliss:
kM7C_yNlCLU

Thatguyoverthere
08-05-2009, 09:47 PM
That's 7 of the last 8 vs. the Angels. :o: :D:

ode to veeck
that's a Gavin-Thome spankin for Da Halo!

BleacherBandit

Yeah, it's the most important asset to WSI! :cool:

veeter
The Sox are so much better than a team four games over .500. Gavin Floyd continues to look like an ace. Ed Rapuano is horrible. The team looks really good. I'm happy.

ode to veeck
08-05-2009, 09:48 PM

I liked the chat crowd all on their feet for the last two outs part

Pear-Zin-Ski
08-05-2009, 09:49 PM
The Sox are so much better than a team four games over .500. Gavin Floyd continues to look like an ace. Ed Rapuano is horrible. The team looks really good. I'm happy.

True statements everywhere.

samurai_sox
Loved it when Ozzie went out to the mound and Gavin didn't want to come out of the game. Reminded me of Major League 2 when Sheen tells Berenger on the mound, "I WANT PARKMAN"

Thatguyoverthere
This guarantees at least a 5-2 record in this 7 game stretch against the two hottest teams in baseball and the two best teams in the AL. :cool:

SoxFan1979
08-05-2009, 09:50 PM
Great WIN. Thank you Jim, Gavin, Paulie!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome chatroom!

veeter
08-05-2009, 09:51 PM
This guarantees at least a 5-2 record in this 7 game stretch against the two hottest teams in baseball and the two best teams in the AL. :cool:That bodes well for the post season.

08-05-2009, 09:53 PM
Jake. mother****in. Peavy.

MeteorsSox4367
08-05-2009, 09:54 PM
Floyd looked damn good and they got him some run support. Also, as much as I like Bobby Jenks, watching Thornton throw high gas past hitters in Jenks' role is awfully cool.

SoxGirl4Life

What?

WhiteSox1989
I love when the White Sox win!

Metalthrasher442

What?

#1swisher
that's a Gavin-Thome spankin for Da Halo!

LoL

Pear-Zin-Ski
08-05-2009, 09:55 PM
Nice to have those errors NOT catch up to us tonight...I'd love to cut down on that crap regardless.

Metalthrasher442
08-05-2009, 09:56 PM
Nice to have those errors NOT catch up to us tonight...I'd love to cut down on that crap regardless.

Well as soon as Nix is off of shortstop we should cut down at least a little bit.

#1swisher
08-05-2009, 09:56 PM
Great WIN. Thank you Jim, Gavin, Paulie!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome chatroom!

I think it's been a TEAM effort.

flo-B-flo
08-05-2009, 09:57 PM
Floyd with the great outing. Thome with some BIG ass homers. Are the Sox EVER gonna ****in sweep somebody since whenever????:mad:

cbone
08-05-2009, 09:59 PM
Due to the abundance of White Castle commercials on Comcast we made a quick rum for 6 double cheeseburgers right after Thome hit his dinger. Home in plenty of time for a White Sox Winner!!!!!!!! :gulp::gulp:

#1swisher
08-05-2009, 10:01 PM
Due to the abundance of White Castle commercials on Comcast we made a quick rum for 6 double cheeseburgers right after Thome hit his dinger. Home in plenty of time for a White Sox Winner!!!!!!!! :gulp::gulp:

Now I'm hungry, any left?

Dibbs
08-05-2009, 10:03 PM
Thome carries the Sox to victory. I think we will miss him next year if he is not on the team.

We are playing great against the best teams in baseball. If Peavy comes back healthy and the team is clicking at the right time, this could be a magical year. I never would have thought that after the first couple months.

#1swisher
Ozzie thinks "we got the right guys out there"

JB98
Finish these guys off tomorrow. I want a sweep!

voodoochile
Ho hum... Another game another Gordo two-bagger.

Oh and another quality win against one of the best teams in the AL.

And another amazing outing from Gavin.

And another 2-Thomer game.

It does not suck to be us at the moment.

:soxwin:

:twinslose:

:)

chisoxjtrain
08-05-2009, 10:04 PM
I liked the chat crowd all on their feet for the last two outs part

i almost broke my laptop standing on it

Red Barchetta
08-05-2009, 10:06 PM
Nothing prettier than Thome's opposite field home run swing! Love it! :cool:

SoxGirl4Life
08-05-2009, 10:06 PM
Lets sweep tomorrow :bandance:

doublem23
08-05-2009, 10:10 PM
Ho hum... Another game another Gordo two-bagger.

Seriously, can this guy do something else beside hit a double everyday? He's starting to lose my attention. :tongue:

Metalthrasher442
08-05-2009, 10:12 PM
You know what?? Danks needs to throw a gem tomorrow he's due for one.. he hasn't been that sharp lately and it's starting to grab my attention. Anyone else worried? He's better than this. Hopefully seeing Gavin throw one will make him more determined.

voodoochile
08-05-2009, 10:13 PM
The White Sox are coming tra-la tra-la...:cool:

JB98
08-05-2009, 10:13 PM
You know what?? Danks needs to throw a gem tomorrow he's due for one.. he hasn't been that sharp lately and it's starting to grab my attention. Anyone else worried? He's better than this. Hopefully seeing Gavin throw one will make him more determined.

No, I'm not worried about John. Not worried about Gavin or Mark either. It's the other two spots I worry about.

Metalthrasher442
08-05-2009, 10:16 PM
No, I'm not worried about John. Not worried about Gavin or Mark either. It's the other two spots I worry about.

Well I'm worrying about Danks and Contreras. Really the fifth spot isn't that bad. Torres did fine and we have some other options too.

Cuck the Fubs
08-05-2009, 10:20 PM
Well done....at this point I want us to win the Central...even if it's with 85 wins.

If Peavy rebounds for the stretch, I think this team can do some serious damage in the postseason!

Let's GO WHITE SOX!

JB98
08-05-2009, 10:23 PM
Well I'm worrying about Danks and Contreras. Really the fifth spot isn't that bad. Torres did fine and we have some other options too.

Danks has been throwing far better than Contreras. Torres did OK in one start. What that means for the future, who knows? Danks has a longer and much better track record and I have total faith in his abilities.

WhiteSox1989
08-05-2009, 10:23 PM
The White Sox are coming tra-la tra-la...:cool:
:bandance:

Dan H
08-05-2009, 10:25 PM
Gavin Floyd=Ace.

voodoochile
08-05-2009, 10:25 PM
Gavin Floyd=Ace.

Thank you, Phillies...

GoGoCrede
08-05-2009, 10:26 PM
Thank you, Phillies...

No doubt. What a steal.

twinsuck
08-05-2009, 10:27 PM
I love the White Sox!! :smile:

gf2020
08-05-2009, 10:29 PM
We better get at Santana tomorrow. The dude only has one good start in his last seven games. With a favorable match-up in the Tigers-Orioles game as well, we could be back in a statistical tie for first place by tomorrow night if the Sox just take care of business.

That would certainly be very heartening after how it looked after the Tigers took the first three of that nightmare series we had against them after the perfect game.

DickAllen72
08-05-2009, 10:30 PM
Well as soon as Nix is off of shortstop we should cut down at least a little bit.
They may cut down on errors charged, but will probably increase in mental mistakes and throws going into centerfield. Hopefully this will be offset by the increase in offense.

Zisk77
08-05-2009, 10:33 PM
Sell Now! even if this mediocre team makes it to the playoffs we'll be sacrifical lambs to the Yankee/Halo/ sawkjuggernaut. bwahahahaha.

Gavin was plain awesome baby. Nice call on inside fb by AJ on Abreu...frozen Pizza.

DickAllen72
08-05-2009, 10:34 PM
Great job tonight by Floyd, and a big night for Big Jim.:bandance: Let's see a sweep now. Get 'em while they're down!:gulp:

BoysMom3
08-05-2009, 10:36 PM
Great game!!! Great job Gavin! Thome - wow!!!! Nice triple by Pods - man, does he have some wheels!!!

Sorry I couldn't stay long in chat - my PC faces the opposite side of the room as the tv, and it was too hard to keep up with the game and chat at the same time. There's some rumor at our house that I'm always breaking laptops, so I don't have one to use. :rolleyes:

SoxGirl4Life
08-05-2009, 10:36 PM
I know I shouldn't watch it, but on Baseball Tonight, after the Sox highlights where Kruk was still repeating the company line that the Sox are old and slow, they gave the Sox props. Our guy Chris Singleton reminded that karl guy that the Sox DID win the Central last year. To which Karl poo-poo'd it and said, "yeah but it was only by one game and there were three teams in it til the last week."

There were?
/reprimanding myself for even turning it on

Hitmen77
08-05-2009, 10:37 PM
Woot! :bandance:

Gavin Floyd=impressive. If we can get him, Danks, Buehrle, and in a few weeks Peavy on a roll to go along with our offense.....look out!

The great thing about our offense in this new Pods/Beckham/healthy Quentin era is that we're not relying on the same 3 or 4 guys to carry our offense every night.

For the longest time, we were just hoping for good nights from our big sluggers. If they struggled, then it was often a dismal result. Now it seems like any of the 9 hitters can do damage.

Oh, and I still can't wait until Alexei is back in the lineup!

Metalthrasher442
08-05-2009, 10:40 PM
They may cut down on errors charged, but will probably increase in mental mistakes and throws going into centerfield. Hopefully this will be offset by the increase in offense.

Definitely agree with that. Ramirez can get to a ball unbelievably far away from him and make a gem, but on other plays he'll float the throw or not cover second base or something ridiculous. I'm just hoping this improves as he ages. You might be able to pass with bone headed plays at second base, but not at a huge position like short stop.

voodoochile
08-05-2009, 10:40 PM
Woot! :bandance:

Gavin Floyd=impressive. If we can get him, Danks, Buehrle, and in a few weeks Peavy on a roll to go along with our offense.....look out!

The great thing about our offense in this new Pods/Beckham/healthy Quentin era is that we're not relying on the same 3 or 4 guys to carry our offense every night.

For the longest time, we were just hoping for good nights from our big sluggers. If they struggled, then it was often a dismal result. Now it seems like any of the 9 hitters can do damage.

Oh, and I still can't wait until Alexei is back in the lineup!

You figure on average Thome, Dye and PK can carry the team one game a week each (roughly). Now that the rest of the team can hit too, things are looking up...

Hitmen77
08-05-2009, 10:41 PM
Well done....at this point I want us to win the Central...even if it's with 85 wins.

If Peavy rebounds for the stretch, I think this team can do some serious damage in the postseason!

Let's GO WHITE SOX!

Was there ever a point where you didn't want us to win the Central?:scratch:

Metalthrasher442
08-05-2009, 10:41 PM
Danks has been throwing far better than Contreras. Torres did OK in one start. What that means for the future, who knows? Danks has a longer and much better track record and I have total faith in his abilities.

Actually Danks only has one good season as his "track record" he has not been very lights out this season and I find it concerning.

All I'm saying is that Contreras has been doing terrible and Torres has earned another start and hopefully he'll earn another start after that.

jabrch
08-05-2009, 11:01 PM
Sell Now! even if this mediocre team makes it to the playoffs we'll be sacrifical lambs to the Yankee/Halo/ sawkjuggernaut. bwahahahaha.

I was thinking the same thing. I don't know if we will win this division or not. I do know one thing - if we do, we certainly can beat whomever is in front of us.

slavko
08-05-2009, 11:02 PM
Gavin Floyd=Ace.

Floyd with his nastiest stuff, when he locates it he is one amazing pitcher, ace quality indeed. You might say better than MB at each man's best, but how can you be better than perfect? Tough call, nice problem to have.

Technical question for those of you who watched the TV tonight. Stone was calling something he threw that broke about a foot and sank too a cutter. Can a cutter break that much or was (perish the thought) Stone wrong?

guillensdisciple
08-05-2009, 11:03 PM
I love it when the White Sox win!!!

Again, I couldn't watch the game due to work but it seems like the White Sox had a dominant effort.

Continue with the streak Sox, and lets take over the central!

WhiteSox1989, you already said the thing I said in my first sentence so sorry if I copied. I have been saying that same thing for a week or two now (it is my go to phrase when the Sox win).

Metalthrasher442
08-05-2009, 11:03 PM
Floyd with his nastiest stuff, when he locates it he is one amazing pitcher, ace quality indeed. You might say better than MB at each man's best, but how can you be better than perfect? Tough call, nice problem to have.

Technical question for those of you who watched the TV tonight. Stone was calling something he threw that broke about a foot and sank too a cutter. Can a cutter break that much or was (perish the thought) Stone wrong?

I remember that call and he sounded confused. At first he thought it was a curve than he changed his mind. I saw the replay and it didn't look like it broke that much I would call it a cutter.

jabrch
08-05-2009, 11:14 PM
This club has the potential to be absolutely awesome. If a few things click at the right time, if Jake is healthy when it counts, if TCQ warms up...

This team has the potential to win it all.

jabrch
08-05-2009, 11:16 PM
Kudos to Gavin - on a day when we really needed someone to go DEEP and give the pen a day off, Gavin did it.

voodoochile
08-05-2009, 11:17 PM
This club has the potential to be absolutely awesome. If a few things click at the right time, if Jake is healthy when it counts, if TCQ warms up...

:darkcloud:

:tongue:

guillensdisciple
08-05-2009, 11:27 PM

I have been saying that all year.

FielderJones
08-05-2009, 11:29 PM
See last paragraph (http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/chi-06-white-sox-angels-aug06,0,817817.story).

So much for the idea that the Sox can't beat pitchers they've never seen before. :tongue:

jabrch
08-05-2009, 11:31 PM
I have been saying that all year.

You aren't the only one.... Voo and I have been for sure.

jabrch
08-05-2009, 11:32 PM
See last paragraph (http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/chi-06-white-sox-angels-aug06,0,817817.story).

So much for the idea that the Sox can't beat pitchers they've never seen before. :tongue:

As true as the legend of "Bear Weather"

GoGoCrede
08-05-2009, 11:32 PM
And what a great crowd it looked like, too. Beautiful night to be at the park. Did anyone here go?

And because it can't be said enough - GO FLOYD!

voodoochile
08-05-2009, 11:33 PM
You aren't the only one.... Voo and I have been for sure.

No one takes me seriously, because I've been saying that a lot these past few years...

Zisk77
08-05-2009, 11:40 PM

I believe Gavin through a slider there. there is a fine line between sliders and cutters. Cutters are like mini sliders...less break more velocity. I think Sone's problem is sometimes he doesn't use the monitor and just watches the live action as I've noticed he's been wrong before. then he looks at the monitor and corrects himself.

hi im skot
08-05-2009, 11:42 PM
And what a great crowd it looked like, too. Beautiful night to be at the park. Did anyone here go?

I was there; had a great view of Dye's botched catch.

Great game...Gavin was DEALING once again.

GoGoCrede
08-05-2009, 11:45 PM

Seriously, I need to learn your secret. You've been to all the great games this year. I've been to some real duds. And I have yet to attend a Floyd game.

In short, you're a spoiled brat who needs to learn to share. :D:

slavko
08-05-2009, 11:46 PM
I believe Gavin through a slider there. there is a fine line between sliders and cutters. Cutters are like mini sliders...less break more velocity. I think Sone's problem is sometimes he doesn't use the monitor and just watches the live action as I've noticed he's been wrong before. then he looks at the monitor and corrects himself.

That's what I was thinking too. Thanks for the confirmation. Gavin has an amazing array of stuff. Two fastballs, three breaking balls....

hi im skot
08-05-2009, 11:48 PM
Seriously, I need to learn your secret. You've been to all the great games this year. I've been to some real duds. And I have yet to attend a Floyd game.

In short, you're a spoiled brat who needs to learn to share. :D:

I went to a ton of games in April in May, so I saw some real stinkers.

Basically, I spend my free time and money on Sox games; that's my only real "secret".

EDIT: Also, I've seen mostly Gavin games. :tongue:

jabrch
08-05-2009, 11:54 PM
No one takes me seriously, because I've been saying that a lot these past few years...

Other than 2007, you have been right.

Gavin
08-05-2009, 11:55 PM
Good game to be at. There really are no bad seats at USCF.

Both of Thome's HRs were no doubters.

I really hope they don't overplay Beckham's song.. I feel like it's on the verge of trying to be the next Don't Stop Believing and that's just not going to happen.

hawkjt
08-05-2009, 11:56 PM

We were out at the game for the second nite in a row...:D:
Any explanation on JD's miscue? I know the ball took off but it was very catchable...lose it in the lights, maybe?

I love how Gavin just kept plugging along tonite, pitching over mistake after mistake..really unflappable...such a contrast to his first year.
Thank you Phillies...you were repaid with a World Series...

I really did not think any ball was going to carrry out tonite, cool, wind blowing to right..after Carlos' deep drive died...but Jimbo proved me wrong-twice:D: as did PK...I do think the ball carried better later.
AJ hung out some rope again tonite, Jayson had a huge 2 out rbi hit,and Big Jim carried the nite...that full moon must have got his juices flowing.

Lively ballpark again tonite...they should keep the discounted tickets going the rest of the year..it is fun to see fans in the top corners..packed in.

Now, please go out and finish them off...hard to do but Santana on the bump on a warm day game...homer central...shut them down Johnny.

DirtySox
08-06-2009, 12:14 AM

Same here. Only 2nd game of the year due to me living out of state until recently.

The collective groan that came out of the whole right field section was rather amusing.

Mohoney
08-06-2009, 12:16 AM
I think the Yankees and Red Sox fear facing us more than we fear facing them.

I'm pretty sure that those teams would much rather face Minnesota or Detroit than us in a playoff series.

GoGoCrede
08-06-2009, 12:19 AM
I went to a ton of games in April in May, so I saw some real stinkers.

Basically, I spend my free time and money on Sox games; that's my only real "secret".

EDIT: Also, I've seen mostly Gavin games. :tongue:

Ah, going to Gavin games explains why you've seen so many great games. Not that I think he's that great or anything...:cool:

When I get back to school in a few weeks I'm going to pull a Skot and attend as many games as I can, even in October...

We've got a great rotation for a potential playoff series.

chisoxfanatic
08-06-2009, 12:22 AM
Comiskey looked quite beautiful from several thousand feet up...As I looked down, though, I wanted to jump down into the ballpark.

I just saw the highlights, and that misplayed ball by Dye looked terrible...lol. Thank god it didn't end up biting the team in the butt.

I cannot believe we are 5-1 against the Angels this year. We can do no worse than a season series split, and seven of the games are at Edison Park!

Great job, Sox! It's time to bring out the brooms tomorrow and then dominate Cleveland.

gobears1987
08-06-2009, 12:27 AM
Starting in 2005, we've had the Angel's number. We even had an 8 game winning streak at their stadium. As usual we couldn't win the elusive 9th game.

TDog
08-06-2009, 12:43 AM
Remember when people were lamenting the difficulty of the upcoming Sox schedule, especially with the Twins and Tigers playing teams with losing records?

Remember when people were certain the Angels would run the Sox ragged in this series?

Aside from Contreras not finding the plate last night, the pitching in this series has been great, especially considering the Angels were coming off a series where they destroyed Twins pitching. Tonight Floyd pitched around defensive mistakes, except for the two-out error that allowed a run to score from first.

The Sox faced a solid, confident young pitcher with major league wins fresh off of a AAA no-hitter, and they wore him down. This team has come a long way since Anderson and Wise were set to share duties in center and in the leadoff spot and Fields was the everyday third baseman.

Whitesoxfan23
08-06-2009, 12:45 AM
The White Sox are going to win the division this year. You can put it on the board yes.

chisoxfanatic
08-06-2009, 12:47 AM
The White Sox are going to win the division this year. You can put it on the board yes.
It'll come down to those divisional games in September. But, if they do go into the last month of the season having a great August, they should have all the momentum they need to win the division.

Nellie_Fox
08-06-2009, 12:47 AM
The way J.D. ducked his head at the last second makes me believe he lost it in the lights and was afraid he was going to take it right in the face.

doublem23
08-06-2009, 02:05 AM

SiD448ylG44

Gavin
08-06-2009, 08:04 AM
The way J.D. ducked his head at the last second makes me believe he lost it in the lights and was afraid he was going to take it right in the face.

A real man would play it off his face and try to limit him to two bags.

October26
08-06-2009, 08:17 AM
Another fun game! :bandance: What a night for Floyd and Thome. The only blemish on this game was the 3 errors the Sox made. But the offense, like the weather here in Chicago, is getting hot. Keep it going, boys!

PS -> Get well soon, Bobby.

Hitmen77
08-06-2009, 08:19 AM

That's why it's so maddening when they go into one of their sudden cold spells like they did vs. Detroit and Minnesota. This time, I'd like to see them just stay on a hot streak!

cws05champ
08-06-2009, 10:12 AM

Based on the flight of the ball I think it was that stupid confetti board on just below the club level seats. It is pretty annoying and when you are at the game it is distracting to the eye. I wish they would stop all the annoying graphics on there the whole game.

Great game by Gavin, and I was thinking before Thome hit his 1st HR, Thome needs to go on a tear and carry this team for a week or so. Hope it's the start of a tear for him and the whole team.

jabrch
08-06-2009, 10:18 AM
That's why it's so maddening when they go into one of their sudden cold spells like they did vs. Detroit and Minnesota. This time, I'd like to see them just stay on a hot streak!

That would be great - but it probably won't happen. Few teams can get hot for 2 whole months.

We still have a lot of games against NY and Boston. We have a west coast roadie coming up. And we close the season with 15 games inside the division.

It's not reasonable to expect 6 of 7 the rest of the way. But if we win 4 of 7, of the last 54 games, that's 30 wins, 24 losses. That totals 86 wins. That very well might be enough to do it - but it also very well might fall short. Those last 15 games will make or break it - and the final 3, at Detroit very well could determine who wins this.

thedudeabides
08-06-2009, 10:25 AM

I really hope this will stop this myth, but I doubt it.

Any explanation on JD's miscue? I know the ball took off but it was very catchable...lose it in the lights, maybe?

When they showed him in the dugout, he was indicating he lost it in the lights.

It was really nice to see Gavin pitch over those mistakes. Although, not much you can do about that play, and that was a tough error on Konerko considering the hop, and the replay showing Figgins was clearly out at first.

veeter
08-06-2009, 10:56 AM

Great game...Gavin was DEALING once again.This after Chirs Deluca on Monsters in the Morning said, Gavin was his worry because he's been hot and cold. Of course Jiggetts and North are too out of touch to correct him. A clueless threesome to say the least. Gavin has been lights out for two months, and should have twelve wins.

Hitmen77
08-06-2009, 11:08 AM
That would be great - but it probably won't happen. Few teams can get hot for 2 whole months.

We still have a lot of games against NY and Boston. We have a west coast roadie coming up. And we close the season with 15 games inside the division.

It's not reasonable to expect 6 of 7 the rest of the way. But if we win 4 of 7, of the last 54 games, that's 30 wins, 24 losses. That totals 86 wins. That very well might be enough to do it - but it also very well might fall short. Those last 15 games will make or break it - and the final 3, at Detroit very well could determine who wins this.

I wasn't hoping so much for them to stay hot for two month. Rather, I think the Sox, when they are not on hot streaks need to avoid what they have been doing so far this year - which is totally tank and have a miserable stretch that negates all the gains from the hot streak. They keep doing that and in the end they keep hovering near .500.

That being said, I am hopeful that this won't continue because I think our lineup has vastly improved over the last month thanks to Beckham catching fire and Quentin coming backing/shaking of the rust from his long absence. IMO, the key the rest of the way, as usual, will be the pitching.

hawkjt
08-06-2009, 11:09 AM
This after Chirs Deluca on Monsters in the Morning said, Gavin was his worry because he's been hot and cold. Of course Jiggetts and North are too out of touch to correct him. A clueless threesome to say the least. Gavin has been lights out for two months, and should have twelve wins.

Amazing that DeLuca,who does Sox everyday almost, could be so wrong. Floyd is the guy who you know will give you a solid chance every time out this year..even MB has had complete blowup games..not Gavin...who has been rock solid.

jabrch
08-06-2009, 11:12 AM
I wasn't hoping so much for them to stay hot for two month. Rather, I think the Sox, when they are not on hot streaks need to avoid what they have been doing so far this year - which is totally tank and have a miserable stretch that negates all the gains from the hot streak. They keep doing that and in the end they keep hovering near .500.

That being said, I am hopeful that this won't continue because I think our lineup has vastly improved over the last month thanks to Beckham catching fire and Quentin coming backing/shaking of the rust from his long absence. IMO, the key the rest of the way, as usual, will be the pitching.

Agreed - good point. But at the same time, I'm thinking this team, up until recently, probably deserved to be about a .500 team; +/- a few games. The streakyness is annoying - since we see great and **** and average it out to OK. If we were consistently OK it might be less painful. But the good part is that since we see the great, we know if could continue - if only it stayed a bit more than a week or two at a time.

#1swisher
08-06-2009, 11:23 AM
SiD448ylG44

Perfect time for everyone to start Believing.
Bring that energy to the team:bandance:

I was at the first game against the Yanks and the crowd didn't get pumped until the 9th.
First game against the Angels, the crowd was electric. I wish I could make every game the rest of the season, I'll try. The chat room crowd believed!:cool:

GoGoCrede
08-06-2009, 11:24 AM
Perfect time for everyone to start Believing.
Bring that energy to the team:bandance:

I was at the first game against the Yanks and the crowd didn't get pumped until the 9th.
First game against the Angels, the crowd was electric. I wish I could make every game the rest of the season, I'll try The chat room crowd believed!:cool:

I loved how you did your PBP in the chat. :D:

#1swisher
08-06-2009, 11:27 AM

Thanks! I had two windows open, I still like posting pbp in gameday:cool:

voodoochile
08-06-2009, 11:47 AM

Chat needs PBP or it just becomes too random.

thomas35forever
08-06-2009, 12:19 PM
My first game at Comiskey this season last night and I finally got an '08 Division Champs shirt. Even better, I got a White Sox winner!