PDA

View Full Version : Peavy jersey.

soxpride724
08-05-2009, 07:27 PM
Does anyone here know why you cannot order a Peavy jersey from the Sox website yet? Granted, the deal was done last Friday, but you would think they would have updated the online shop. I checked the Padres online shop and they removed Peavy from the list of players available for personalized jerseys.

The reason I am impatient is beacause personalized jerseys are all 25% off until August 10th.

getonbckthr
08-05-2009, 07:38 PM
Does anyone here know why you cannot order a Peavy jersey from the Sox website yet? Granted, the deal was done last Friday, but you would think they would have updated the online shop. I checked the Padres online shop and they removed Peavy from the list of players available for personalized jerseys.

The reason I am impatient is beacause personalized jerseys are all 25% off until August 10th.
Maybe that has something to do with it? :shrug:

SoxGirl4Life
08-05-2009, 07:39 PM

Maybe that's why they're not available yet?

Get a Beckham jersey. That's what I'm doing

soxpride724
08-05-2009, 08:14 PM
Maybe that's why they're not available yet?

Get a Beckham jersey. That's what I'm doing

Yeah I already did,lol. I wanted to order a few of them while they had this sale.

johnnyg83
08-05-2009, 08:46 PM

Can't you just customize it with the name PEAVY? In the manual section.

soxpride724
08-05-2009, 10:06 PM
Can't you just customize it with the name PEAVY? In the manual section.

No, you can't. I am trying to determine the reason why.

spongyfungy
08-05-2009, 10:11 PM
isn't this the reason why? (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2311326&postcount=6)

08-05-2009, 10:28 PM
isn't this the reason why? (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2311326&postcount=6)

No

thedudeabides
08-05-2009, 10:30 PM

Tell them your name is Peavy.

08-05-2009, 10:41 PM
Tell them your name is Peavy.

And your favorite number is 44...

johnnyg83
08-05-2009, 10:42 PM
I'd call 'em. Their programming probably just hasn't caught up yet.

parlaycard
08-06-2009, 01:39 AM

I emailed Triple threat Sports Saturday regarding purchasing a Peavy jersey, below was their response.

Majestic has told us 3-4 weeks, maybe sooner.

Thanks,
Chris Hubble
Triple Threat Sports
www.triplethreatsports.com
(708) 478-6090

Thought that was odd.

Then last night i was at the Sox gift shop and inquired about buying a Peavy Jersey. I was told 30 days, hopefully.

Another girl working in the gift shop came up to me and asked me when i got the Beckham authentic jersey i was wearing. I told her about a months ago. She then repeated "a month ago?" I told her yes, a month ago. She seemed upset and asked me where i got it, I asked her "what's the difference?" She told me they hadnt gotten them in stock yet, and they were curious where i got mine. So i told her down the street at Grandstand.

To get an authentic Peavy jersey i had to buy a blank authentic jersey, and a lettering kit off of ebay, and ill have someone i know sew the numbers and letters on this weekend.

I thought all of this was very strange. Its just a jersey.

DumpJerry
08-06-2009, 07:46 AM
I emailed Triple threat Sports Saturday regarding purchasing a Peavy jersey, below was their response.

Thanks,
Chris Hubble
Triple Threat Sports
www.triplethreatsports.com (http://www.triplethreatsports.com)
(708) 478-6090

Thought that was odd.

Then last night i was at the Sox gift shop and inquired about buying a Peavy Jersey. I was told 30 days, hopefully.

Another girl working in the gift shop came up to me and asked me when i got the Beckham authentic jersey i was wearing. I told her about a months ago. She then repeated "a month ago?" I told her yes, a month ago. She seemed upset and asked me where i got it, I asked her "what's the difference?" She told me they hadnt gotten them in stock yet, and they were curious where i got mine. So i told her down the street at Grandstand.

To get an authentic Peavy jersey i had to buy a blank authentic jersey, and a lettering kit off of ebay, and ill have someone i know sew the numbers and letters on this weekend.

Have you tried Grandstand yet?

soxfanreggie
08-06-2009, 08:35 AM
Very sad that I can't get one of these for a while. We hear about sources of revenue and what they can do for the club; you think there would be a way they could push this along. I wouldn't be surprised if the sale of Peavy jerseys reached 10,000 or more once they come out. I know I'm getting one and several of my buddies are too.

soxpride724
08-06-2009, 09:01 AM

Thanks,
Chris Hubble
Triple Threat Sports
www.triplethreatsports.com (http://www.triplethreatsports.com)
(708) 478-6090

Thought that was odd.

3-4 weeks? Well forget it then. The sale on MLB.com is only good until the 10th.

parlaycard
08-06-2009, 10:23 AM
Very sad that I can't get one of these for a while. We hear about sources of revenue and what they can do for the club; .

Exactly.

I went into the Custom t shirt shop to buy my wife a black Sox jersey tshirt with Peavy on the back and was told.

"Sorry, we cant print the color white on tshirts."

But they did have a really ugly gray Peavy tshirt with the wrong lettering and numbering on it that they would have sold me for $35 i think.

Cmon. They should have been printing the real ones up within a day. Each team should have some sort of deal with Majestic to get them some jerseys and Tshirts asap.

Just like when teams win a World Series or something, They have the stuff printed right away.

They had no problem having 30,000 buehrle perfect game posters printed up at a moments notice.

I dont understand why they turned away guaranteed money.

I wanted to spend $240 on a jersey and they told me too bad. So i had to find another avenue to get it, oh well their loss.

parlaycard
08-06-2009, 10:25 AM
Have you tried Grandstand yet?

I already bought a blank jersey and then a lettering Peavy kit (all the letters and numbers) on ebay for $33 shipped. so it will cost me basically half what i was willing to pay.

Works for me.

eriqjaffe
08-06-2009, 10:28 AM
Can't you just get the name changed on your Toby Hall jersey?

soxpride724
08-06-2009, 10:34 AM
Can't you just get the name changed on your Toby Hall jersey?

No way! It's game worn, and he autographed it!

hi im skot
08-06-2009, 11:06 AM
Exactly.

I went into the Custom t shirt shop to buy my wife a black Sox jersey tshirt with Peavy on the back and was told.

"Sorry, we cant print the color white on tshirts."

But they did have a really ugly gray Peavy tshirt with the wrong lettering and numbering on it that they would have sold me for $35 i think.

Cmon. They should have been printing the real ones up within a day. Each team should have some sort of deal with Majestic to get them some jerseys and Tshirts asap.

Just like when teams win a World Series or something, They have the stuff printed right away.

They had no problem having 30,000 buehrle perfect game posters printed up at a moments notice.

I dont understand why they turned away guaranteed money.

I wanted to spend $240 on a jersey and they told me too bad. So i had to find another avenue to get it, oh well their loss.

There are a lot of things wrong with this.

First of all, they're right about not printing white on black shirts; with the kind of ink/graphics they use in the custom shop, it ain't happening.

Second, the "official" t-shirts don't exactly print overnight.

All of those post season shirts you see are ordered MONTHS ahead of time; a lot of stores are forced to put in the order by July, which means they take a huge risk; if Sports Authority orders a bunch of Cubs 2009 Central Division Champions shirts and the Cubs don't make the playoffs, that's money down the drain.

That being said, those shirts are delivered to stores just days before divisions are clinched and playoff series end.

Printing posters and printing t-shirts are two different animals.

If you want a jersey, typically a place like Grandstand can have one done for you within a week, sometimes two.

I understand you're disappointed you couldn't get the shirt, but there are plenty of legitimate reasons why you were unsuccessful in this case.

VeeckAsInWreck
08-06-2009, 11:16 AM
No way! It's game worn, and he autographed it!

Does it have that "still on the bench" smell? :tongue:

spongyfungy
08-06-2009, 11:26 AM
Well I emailed MLB shops and they said that past and present players of the team and their corresponding numbers cannot be used to personalize a jersey.
So Peavy and any other number than 44 will work just fine since it's not on the restricted list.

I kind of now understand why anyone would want a Peavy jersey. Get a blank one from triple threat for $120. Buy a lettering kit from eastern lettering for $22. Go to a home game and flaunt the jersey and have everyone come up to you asking where'd you get it. Feel like the cool kid on the block with the latest toy

hi im skot
08-06-2009, 11:35 AM
Well I emailed MLB shops and they said that past and present players of the team and their corresponding numbers cannot be used to personalize a jersey.

So Peavy and any other number than 44 will work just fine since it's not on the restricted list.

But MLB gives you a list of PRESENT players (on their CURRENT team) that you can add to a personalized jersey...?

VeeckAsInWreck
08-06-2009, 11:39 AM

I kind of now understand why anyone would want a Peavy jersey. Get a blank one from triple threat for $120. Buy a lettering kit from eastern lettering for $22. Go to a home game and flaunt the jersey and have everyone come up to you asking where'd you get it. Feel like the cool kid on the block with the latest toy

Here are some suggestions to get around it. If you can't wait.

Possible name ideas on the jersey:

Peavee
P.V.
Pea-V

If you get Peavy as the last name how about getting the number 42+2

I'd still recommend waiting. :cool:

fox23
08-06-2009, 06:07 PM
There are a lot of things wrong with this.

First of all, they're right about not printing white on black shirts; with the kind of ink/graphics they use in the custom shop, it ain't happening.

Second, the "official" t-shirts don't exactly print overnight.

All of those post season shirts you see are ordered MONTHS ahead of time; a lot of stores are forced to put in the order by July, which means they take a huge risk; if Sports Authority orders a bunch of Cubs 2009 Central Division Champions shirts and the Cubs don't make the playoffs, that's money down the drain.

That being said, those shirts are delivered to stores just days before divisions are clinched and playoff series end.

Printing posters and printing t-shirts are two different animals.

If you want a jersey, typically a place like Grandstand can have one done for you within a week, sometimes two.

I understand you're disappointed you couldn't get the shirt, but there are plenty of legitimate reasons why you were unsuccessful in this case.

I saw a lot of Buehrle perfect game shirts today at the park from "legit" manufacturers (i.e. Nike, Adidas), so I don't know if the months in advance part is accurate anymore.

Rockabilly
08-06-2009, 06:23 PM
I got a Griffey jersey the next day after he was traded to the Sox, so curious why I can't purchase a Peavy jersey..

chisox12
08-06-2009, 06:23 PM
That's werid that these aren't available right away. I remember the Bears had Jay Cutler jerseys available on their website a day or two after the trade....

BadBobbyJenks
08-06-2009, 06:36 PM
Anyone have a cool base jersey? How are they?

I am thinking about getting the Alternate black since I have a home white and road gray and I would be going for Beckham.

spongyfungy
08-06-2009, 07:29 PM
just don't be this lady (http://deadspin.com/5330476/this-photo-hurts-my-heart)

sorry lady if you are a member here

Metalthrasher442
08-06-2009, 07:32 PM
It's weird because Cliff Lee Phillies jerseys were up right away on MLB.com and the Phillies site. This is kind of strange. Maybe Peavy rejected it twice and they're just playing an even bigger prank on us this time.

dakuda
08-06-2009, 07:42 PM
I noticed that if you look at the roster on the White Sox website, he is listed as "Not on Active Roster" since he is on the 40-man and not the 25-man roster.

Perhaps this is the reason it is not available. Do you need to be Active for the jersey to be available?

parlaycard
08-06-2009, 08:57 PM
I went to Grandstand Thursday after the game. They had Peavy Kids tshirt jerseys in the back of the store. They were hidden, i found this on accident, i went in there to buy something else and my nephew dragged me into the back of the store, and I saw this. Picked it up for my wife.

soxpride724
08-06-2009, 09:51 PM
Anyone have a cool base jersey? How are they?

I am thinking about getting the Alternate black since I have a home white and road gray and I would be going for Beckham.

The Cool Base jersey is pretty nice. The material is thin, and the jersey is much lighter.

hi im skot
08-06-2009, 09:52 PM
The Cool Base jersey is pretty nice. The material is thin, and the jersey is much lighter.

It's pretty easy to get them snagged on things, but they're definitely thinner.

Brian26
08-06-2009, 09:52 PM

I saw these at Soxfest, and I thought they were pretty neat. They would probably be pretty comfortable to wear to a game during the summer too.

Brian26
08-06-2009, 09:55 PM

I'm confused by this. This seems to be the same rationale that Triple Threat uses for why you can't get a current player jersey from them, however Grandstand is able to make these.

Does Grandstand have an exclusive license with MLB to make jerseys of current/past players?

soxpride724
08-06-2009, 10:06 PM
Just a heads up, if you want to save an additional 20% on personalized jersey's, use the code STATEFARM09, and you will save 45% off the price. That's better than the black friday deals MLB.com did last year.

hi im skot
08-06-2009, 10:07 PM
I'm confused by this. This seems to be the same rationale that Triple Threat uses for why you can't get a current player jersey from them, however Grandstand is able to make these.

Does Grandstand have an exclusive license with MLB to make jerseys of current/past players?

Triple Threat, Grandstand and MLB can all make jerseys with current players' names on them. I think it's some goofy MLBPA rule that makes them say that.

I really don't understand it all, but I've gotten jerseys (Ventura from Grandstand, Buehrle from TTS, and Konerko from MLB) from all three places.

:shrug:

Brian26
08-06-2009, 10:23 PM
Just a heads up, if you want to save an additional 20% on personalized jersey's, use the code STATEFARM09, and you will save 45% off the price. That's better than the black friday deals MLB.com did last year.

Your order does not meet the requirements for this promotion. Please use a valid credit card number to pay for your order total.

Ok, what am I doing wrong? I can get the 45% discount until I go to checkout, and then it says I don't qualify.

08-06-2009, 11:09 PM
Worked for me. Try clearing cookies and submitting your order again.

FYI, you'll receive 25% off THEN 20%, not 45% off.

jabrch
08-07-2009, 12:00 AM
Your order does not meet the requirements for this promotion. Please use a valid credit card number to pay for your order total.

Ok, what am I doing wrong? I can get the 45% discount until I go to checkout, and then it says I don't qualify.

I'm having the same problem...

Ragator43
08-07-2009, 12:13 AM
I'm having the same problem...

The code is case sensitive and has to be in all caps. "statefarm09" isn't in the system, but "STATEFARM09" is.

Domeshot17
08-07-2009, 12:16 AM
It is all because of his roster status. When he comes off the DL, the Jerseys will be there.

rocky biddle
08-07-2009, 08:41 AM
I'm not sure if this was mentioned earlier in this thread, but the gift shop on the main concourse has the black Peavy jersey t-shirts. I saw them yesterday. They had a bunch in all sizes. I didn't see jerseys though.

35th&Shields
08-07-2009, 09:46 AM
And your favorite number is 44...

Do we know he is keeping the same number?

jabrch
08-07-2009, 09:52 AM
The code is case sensitive and has to be in all caps. "statefarm09" isn't in the system, but "STATEFARM09" is.

My problem is that it takes the code, gives me the credit, but then takes it out at the point when I try to pay.

Rockabilly
08-07-2009, 11:30 AM
http://www.chicagoteamstore.com/Chicago-White-Sox_4?search=jake+peavy&leadsource=CAM29312&gclid=CP71nJjukZwCFRkNDQodFWy9cw

soxfanreggie
08-07-2009, 11:31 AM
STATEFARM09 code might not work anymore with the jerseys. Tried it all caps, tried clearing cookies.

Sockinchisox
08-07-2009, 11:36 AM
It is all because of his roster status. When he comes off the DL, the Jerseys will be there.

I thought this as well, but the newly traded players aren't on their teams either. Washburn and Martinez are not selectable as personalized jersey options for their new teams.

Ragator43
08-07-2009, 12:22 PM
STATEFARM09 code might not work anymore with the jerseys. Tried it all caps, tried clearing cookies.

My problem is that it takes the code, gives me the credit, but then takes it out at the point when I try to pay.

Just put an order in for a Beckham home jersey, both discounts went through (in Firefox). I don't know what else could be causing it to be rejected.

Do we know he is keeping the same number?

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=408241

jabrch
08-07-2009, 12:38 PM
Just put an order in for a Beckham home jersey, both discounts went through (in Firefox). I don't know what else could be causing it to be rejected.

I'm trying to do the same..no luck.

jabrch
08-07-2009, 12:45 PM
Now I got it to work - I didn't sign in to my MLB.com account and it worked fine. Odd.

Got a Beckham jersey on the way! Would love to add a Peavy also.

soxpride724
08-07-2009, 12:47 PM
Now I got it to work - I didn't sign in to my MLB.com account and it worked fine. Odd.

Got a Beckham jersey on the way! Would love to add a Peavy also.

I ordered the Beckham also. Besides the Peavy, who else would you get? This realy is a great deal.

jabrch
08-07-2009, 12:48 PM
Interesting how they calculate...

Got a replica home alternate - price $99.

25% off is 74.99.

You would think that 20% off of that would be $14.99 off (.2*74.99) but no....they took the 20% off of the $99 - so it was $20 off.

Then add $10 for shipping and $5 for tax - $74.35

jabrch
08-07-2009, 12:58 PM
I ordered the Beckham also. Besides the Peavy, who else would you get? This realy is a great deal.

a personalized jersey for yourself...if you are into that sort of thing

A Buehrle jersey to honor the perfect game

TCQ...Danks...Gavin

I wanted a Beckham - got it. Don't think I need much more. Might consider a Peavy if it gets up there soon. Might just wait on him a bit.

salty99
08-07-2009, 01:01 PM
I saw a jersey with the number 56 and the name PERFECT on it yesterday.

salty99
08-07-2009, 01:02 PM

I thought you swore off ordering from there years ago.

Streets
08-07-2009, 01:02 PM
Interesting how they calculate...

Got a replica home alternate - price $99.

25% off is 74.99.

You would think that 20% off of that would be $14.99 off (.2*74.99) but no....they took the 20% off of the $99 - so it was $20 off.

Then add $10 for shipping and $5 for tax - $74.35

When I went in and did this it's giving me a price of $79.99 for my 25% discount off $99?? Then I am able to use the statefarm + shipping but no tax (perk for living just on the other side of the border) for a grand total of $69.98.

Now if I can only justify the purchase... are these replicas decent??

jabrch
08-07-2009, 01:07 PM
When I went in and did this it's giving me a price of $79.99 for my 25% discount off $99?? Then I am able to use the statefarm + shipping but no tax (perk for living just on the other side of the border) for a grand total of $69.98.

Now if I can only justify the purchase... are these replicas decent??

Yes! The replicas are nice. This isn't like buying a crappy knock-off on ebay. These are very solid.

It's still pricey. You can go to ebay and look up Gordon Beckham Jersey and find some for less. But you will be running a major risk of quality.

soxpride724
08-07-2009, 01:10 PM
I was just able to order a Danks alternate replica, while utilizing both codes.

As far as the replicas are concerned, yeah they are decent. I like the way Majestic has changed the letters and numbers to give it a little more of an "Authentic look" with the two tone. My personal opinion is that the alternate jersey lettering looks a little better than what they are using for the replica home jerseys.

soxpride724
08-07-2009, 01:12 PM
I saw a jersey with the number 56 and the name PERFECT on it yesterday.

That's funny, I was thinking of doing that but opted for a Danks instead,lol.

jabrch
08-07-2009, 01:13 PM
I'd love to order the Buehrle all-star game jersey - but neither code works for that one.

Domeshot17
08-07-2009, 01:21 PM
How long do the customs take? I thought abot picking up one for my wife but her bdays on the 17th

BadBobbyJenks
08-07-2009, 02:29 PM
So the cool base jersey for Beckham does not come in a 40 which is what I normally wear. How much bigger is the 44, is it going to be noticeable?

I have put in the code on top of the 25% off and it takes the Alternate Black Authentic from 209 down to 135. Amazing deal.

hi im skot
08-07-2009, 02:49 PM
So the cool base jersey for Beckham does not come in a 40 which is what I normally wear. How much bigger is the 44, is it going to be noticeable?

I have put in the code on top of the 25% off and it takes the Alternate Black Authentic from 209 down to 135. Amazing deal.

My advice would be to not get a Cool Base, but that's just me.

ShoelessJoeS
08-07-2009, 02:53 PM
Both discounts worked for me.

I ordered a black Authentic Buehrle. With shipping and tax it came out to $145! What an amazing deal!! :D:

SoxGirl4Life
08-07-2009, 05:20 PM
The state farm discount doesn't work if you log into your MLB account. I just logged out and used a different email address and the extra 20% was applied

tmill20
08-07-2009, 05:54 PM
just left grandstand and they had a large amount of peavy shirts in the rack with the rest of the player tee's. picked one up, wanted a beckham one, but they only had small's and XL's.

Sockinchisox
08-07-2009, 06:29 PM
just left grandstand and they had a large amount of peavy shirts in the rack with the rest of the player tee's. picked one up, wanted a beckham one, but they only had small's and XL's.

Thanks for this, heading to the game now, will pick one up tonight.

08-07-2009, 07:06 PM

Any reason in particular? I've never worn one but I just ordered one.

esbrechtel
08-07-2009, 08:38 PM
I have heard that they are really thin and can snag really, really easily and that can make them look almost unwearable....

Brian26
08-07-2009, 09:20 PM
I'm curious what other people's experiences have been with MLB.com as far as ordering jerseys. Do they manage a respectable job with the lettering and numbers as far as correct placement on the jersey, spacing, etc?

Based on their lack of quality control in the past, this seems like an open invitation for disappointment.

esbrechtel
08-07-2009, 09:55 PM
I never have ordered a jersey from MLB.com because I am a loyal customer to TTS but I couldn't pass up this sale....150 for an authentic jersey is a really good price...I just hope it doesn't look crappy...

I know NHL.com is an absolute joke if you are going to spend your money on a Hawks jersey/sweater do not order from NHL.com, go to triple threat.

My sister got a Walter Payton jersey from NFL.com for me for Christmas last year and I am very happy with it.

08-07-2009, 10:10 PM
I never have ordered a jersey from MLB.com because I am a loyal customer to TTS but I couldn't pass up this sale....150 for an authentic jersey is a really good price...I just hope it doesn't look crappy...

I know NHL.com is an absolute joke if you are going to spend your money on a Hawks jersey/sweater do not order from NHL.com, go to triple threat.

My sister got a Walter Payton jersey from NFL.com for me for Christmas last year and I am very happy with it.

MLB.com jerseys are directly shipped from Majestic. They are on-field quality.

Sockinchisox
08-08-2009, 12:04 AM
For those wondering Peavy player shirts are also on sale at the park.

esbrechtel
08-08-2009, 01:04 AM
For those wondering Peavy player shirts are also on sale at the park.

nice...I will pick one up tomorrow...

soxfanreggie
08-08-2009, 01:27 AM
Got it to work. The not logging into my account worked. I think I spent $240 or $250 after everything, but the code was the dealbreaker as to me hitting the "Buy" instead of just saying, "I'll wait til later."

BadBobbyJenks
08-08-2009, 02:38 AM

I am taking your advice and just going with the regular black.

jabrch
08-14-2009, 11:39 AM
Just got email confirmation that my Beckham is on its way - should arrive by 8/21!

ajgirl
08-14-2009, 11:06 PM
They had a ton of Peavy jersey's at the Dick's in Schaumburg yesterday. If you have the coupon they give at the gate at the Cell you can get $10 off.

soxfanreggie
08-18-2009, 09:32 PM
Both my jerseys are on there way. I might have my Bacon one tomorrow. The other hopefully before the weekend.

Waysouthsider
08-23-2009, 01:55 PM
I got one on Ebay.....I don't want to market for anyone, but there are several reputable, quality jersey shops. Mine is Majestic authentic.

My band played last night and I wore it on stage...hope to wear it for the Boston series in two weeks!

Good luck....