PDA

View Full Version : Okay, something's confusing me

thomas35forever
08-04-2009, 10:27 PM
How come Hawk and Stoney sit so freakin' far apart when the Sox are at home? It doesn't make any sense.

Brian26
08-04-2009, 10:30 PM
I was surprised when I first saw that set-up too. I think their "stage manager" sits in between them at the middle monitor and feeds them stats/information.

BleacherBandit
08-04-2009, 10:32 PM
I was surprised when I first saw that set-up too. I think their "stage manager" sits in between them at the middle monitor and feeds them stats/information.

I think that's true. I think this is the setup in most ballparks. However, you may doubt that, but I think stadiums give the opponents' announcers a smaller booth. That's why Hawk and Stone and crammed into a booth sometimes.

Ron Karkovice
LOL. This is a hilarious thread topic... I always crack up when they show the shot of the two every single game at the Cell, because during the game I'm sure everyone is just picturing them like sitting right next to each other.

How come Hawk and Stoney sit so freakin' far apart when the Sox are at home? It doesn't make any sense.

Haha we just talked about this in chat tonight...

voodoochile
08-04-2009, 10:33 PM

Is there a third guy in the booth? I'd think that would be something that would be in another room listening in on headsets.

It may well be though that they each have their own computer setup and room to take notes on things they want to talk about at various points in the game. Why would they need to sit close if they don't have to.

DJ sat in that same seat didn't he?

When you go to a movie with a male buddy, it's pretty common to leave a seat between you at least it is for my friends, just to give us room to spread out and get comfortable. Maybe this is just that same thing.

thomas35forever
08-04-2009, 10:38 PM
Is there a third guy in the booth? I'd think that would be something that would be in another room listening in on headsets.

It may well be though that they each have their own computer setup and room to take notes on things they want to talk about at various points in the game. Why would they need to sit close if they don't have to.

DJ sat in that same seat didn't he?

When you go to a movie with a male buddy, it's pretty common to leave a seat between you at least it is for my friends, just to give us room to spread out and get comfortable. Maybe this is just that same thing.
I find this funny because I actually did that at a movie once.

voodoochile
08-04-2009, 10:39 PM
I find this funny because I actually did that at a movie once.

Once? I don't think I've ever gone to a movie with a guy friend and not put a seat between us for comfort's sake unless the movie was crowded.

Brewski
08-04-2009, 10:44 PM
The facade of their booth could use some repair and a repainting. It looks tacky, like something was removed and not fixed up.

GoGoCrede
08-04-2009, 10:45 PM
Haha we just talked about this in chat tonight...

Someone in the chat (forgot who) said they needed room for their egos. :redneck

BleacherBandit
08-04-2009, 10:48 PM
The facade of their booth could use some repair and a repainting. It looks tacky, like something was removed and not fixed up.
I get that feeling around the whole ballpark.

thomas35forever
08-04-2009, 10:49 PM
Once? I don't think I've ever gone to a movie with a guy friend and not put a seat between us for comfort's sake unless the movie was crowded.
I've got a response to this, but I don't wanna get banned.

roylestillman
08-04-2009, 11:15 PM

This has been going on all year, it cracks me up. First they got new flat screen monitors and they took away the old ones, but left the old brackets up. In June they took away the brackets, but left big holes in the concrete and crooked pieces and missing pieces of trim. Now I notice a few more pieces of trim and some painted in gaps (or is that duct tape)

The whole damn thing looks like something I'd do.

chisoxjtrain
08-04-2009, 11:22 PM
Someone in the chat (forgot who) said they needed room for their egos. :redneck

That was me!

BleacherBandit
08-04-2009, 11:23 PM
This has been going on all year, it cracks me up. First they got new flat screen monitors and they took away the old ones, but left the old brackets up. In June they took away the brackets, but left big holes in the concrete and crooked pieces and missing pieces of trim. Now I notice a few more pieces of trim and some painted in gaps (or is that duct tape)

The whole damn thing looks like something I'd do.

Where are these TVs you're talking about?

roylestillman
08-04-2009, 11:26 PM
Where are these TVs you're talking about?
The old monitors used to hang outside the booth from brackets. The new monitors now just sit in front of them on the desk.

LoveYourSuit
08-04-2009, 11:30 PM
I don't see the shock to this.

It happens on talk radio too. The guys sit way away from each other.

They wear headsets, so hearing each other is not a problem.

The guys need their space too.

Rohan
08-05-2009, 12:02 AM

I actually noticed today when I was walking down from the 500 level that they repainted the floor on all of the ramps. Made it a nice glossy dark greyish color. Looks a lot better than the original pure concrete they had.

RedHeadPaleHoser
08-05-2009, 09:27 AM

Not to thread hijack, but if I see one more faded pinwheel sticker, I'm gonna throw up. Either make them real LED light up pinwheels or replace them with new stickers.

If you can't do that, just peel them off. Please.

downstairs
08-05-2009, 10:08 AM
I don't see the shock to this.

It happens on talk radio too. The guys sit way away from each other.

They wear headsets, so hearing each other is not a problem.

The guys need their space too.

Its not a shock, just funny.

I've noticed it too. I understand how radio works, but Stoney and Hawk are REALLY far from each other. It makes the shot of them talking awkward.

And the fact that there seems like nothing else going on with the huge desk in front of them.

Maybe when Hawk gets really animated during home runs or bad calls, he has a tendency to wave his arms like a mad man? And Stoney just doesn't want to take one in the kisser?

Ha!