PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday's Winning Pick To Click...

voodoochile
08-04-2009, 10:11 PM
Great job late to score the tying run and then drive in the winning run...

:pods:
"I can dink one down the left field line or drive one to the RF gap. Pick your poison..."

october23sp
08-04-2009, 10:12 PM
Beckham takes the Honorable Mention.

WhiteSox1989
Props to Beckham, of course.

And to Nix for his last AB.

Boondock Saint
MAJOR honorable mention to DJ Carrasco. This game could have easily gotten away from us after Jose's implosion. DJ absolutely shut it down and got it to the back of the 'pen.

doublem23
08-04-2009, 10:32 PM
Beckham takes the Honorable Mention.

I would give the honorable mention to the bullpen, who basically allowed us to win this game.

ode to veeck
08-04-2009, 10:41 PM
I would give the honorable mention to the bullpen, who basically allowed us to win this game.

Absolutely, and the junior guy Nix shows the most patience in the 9th inning ABs before Podzilla ends it

voodoochile
08-04-2009, 11:04 PM
Absolutely, and the junior guy Nix shows the most patience in the 9th inning ABs before Podzilla ends it

All of the people mentioned deserve some credit for the win, but Pods stuck out above them all, IMO.

The part I loved about Nix's AB is the way he was thinking two right out of the box. Aggressive plays like that are the difference between winning teams and losing teams.

chisoxfanatic
08-05-2009, 02:26 AM
TBGR: Beam Us Up, Scotty! (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=4&id=3857)

Frater Perdurabo
08-05-2009, 07:31 AM
All of the people mentioned deserve some credit for the win, but Pods stuck out above them all, IMO.

Do "honorable mention" mentions get under your skin? Are you going to pull out your elephant gun, Voodoo?
:tongue:
:)

voodoochile
08-05-2009, 08:27 AM
Do "honorable mention" mentions get under your skin? Are you going to pull out your elephant gun, Voodoo?
:tongue:
:)

No so long as they remain "honorable mentions" I don't mind at all.

Oh and I don't do the duel. Daver gets the honor of defending the PTC umpire everytime. It's actually written into the PTC rules that way. Leaves a pacifist like me free to tick off as many people as I want and not have to worry about it...:whistle:

ode to veeck
08-05-2009, 08:49 AM

The part I loved about Nix's AB is the way he was thinking two right out of the box. Aggressive plays like that are the difference between winning teams and losing teams.

The two veterens ahead of Nix in the 9th showed no patience on the ocassion nor did the Sox batters in the 8th (the 8th took about a nanosecend to retire the Sox) but Nix turned it around, waiting patiently for his pitch with the Angels chomping at the bit to get to the 10th

A great Sox win all the way around. Podzilla was da man for sure.