PDA

View Full Version : Would KW have any interest in any of these guys

Rockabilly
08-04-2009, 11:10 PM
http://twitter.com/jorgearangure/status/3132383579

I hope we can sign Gomez to be our CF for next season.

voodoochile
08-04-2009, 11:29 PM
I'm just curious, is trading and team building all you care about in terms of baseball? Have you happened to notice this little hot streak the Sox are on against the best teams in the AL?

There's this little thing called being 1/2 game out of first on August 4th and having taken 4/5 from the two best teams in the AL and you want to talk about next year's CF options?

I'm sorry that just seems odd to say the least. THIS IS THE MOMENT! THIS IS WHY WE PLAY THE GAMES!

Sorry, carry on...

Rockabilly
08-04-2009, 11:41 PM
I'm just curious, is trading and team building all you care about in terms of baseball? Have you happened to notice this little hot streak the Sox are on against the best teams in the AL?

There's this little thing called being 1/2 game out of first on August 4th and having taken 4/5 from the two best teams in the AL and you want to talk about next year's CF options?

I'm sorry that just seems odd to say the least. THIS IS THE MOMENT! THIS IS WHY WE PLAY THE GAMES!

Sorry, carry on...

I want the Sox to get stronger at anytime during the season.. I don't care if we are up in the standings by 10 games.. Plus Jamie Torres said these guys would be ready to help any team this season.

cws05champ
08-04-2009, 11:46 PM

Sorry, carry on...

Chill there Voodo....:cool:

Can't we pay attention to both. I would think Yadel Martin may be a more likely option, but hey, if they are cheap enough...bring Martin and Gomez on.

Could Martin be our #5 next year?

oeo
08-05-2009, 12:01 AM
I want the Sox to get stronger at anytime during the season.. I don't care if we are up in the standings by 10 games.. Plus Jamie Torres said these guys would be ready to help any team this season.

Jamie Torres is also their agent.

Domeshot17
08-05-2009, 12:01 AM
I would look at all 3 depending on the price. That said, I would presume all 3 would need some time in triple A before they could be counted on.

voodoochile
08-05-2009, 12:07 AM
Chill there Voodo....:cool:

Can't we pay attention to both. I would think Yadel Martin may be a more likely option, but hey, if they are cheap enough...bring Martin and Gomez on.

Could Martin be our #5 next year?

I just find it odd to be thinking about that right now. Like I said, carry on...

october23sp
08-05-2009, 12:10 AM
I just find it odd to be thinking about that right now. Like I said, carry on...

VooDoo you're my hero. I hate watching a sporting event, namely the NBA Finals, and they keep bringing up the Draft. Well shut the **** up about the Draft the Finals is it.

jabrch
08-05-2009, 12:30 AM
Simple answer - yes.

Now the more complex answer - at what price?

DumpJerry
08-05-2009, 12:41 AM

Hmmm.....maybe you're on to Rockabilly's real world identity.......:thinking:

"Sign my guy, he's going to be a fan favorite. I can feel it...."

SBSoxFan
08-05-2009, 01:28 AM

Sorry, carry on...

Actually, it's a full game out. :redneck

BadBobbyJenks
08-05-2009, 03:11 AM

Thanks for the link and I dont know why the hell you were jumped on out of the gate for this thread.

Rocky Soprano
08-05-2009, 08:47 AM

I'm with voodoo on this one, that is all he ever talks about. Everyone got on him for it before and he swore he would never come back...

Live in the moment!

voodoochile
08-05-2009, 09:33 AM
Actually, it's a full game out. :redneck

I sit corrected. I took a day off from Baseball on Monday and forgot the Kittens had played a game.

voodoochile
08-05-2009, 12:01 PM
Thanks for the link and I dont know why the hell you were jumped on out of the gate for this thread.

You really need to learn to differentiate between voodoo the poster and voodoo the admin. I actually am both. I didn't in any way make a post as an admin in this thread. I expressed my personal feelings that focusing on next year and off-season moves in the middle of a pennant race with the Sox playing their best baseball of the year strikes me as odd.

Like I said, feel free to keep on doing that if it floats your boat.

Domeshot17
08-05-2009, 12:10 PM
You really need to learn to differentiate between voodoo the poster and voodoo the admin. I actually am both. I didn't in any way make a post as an admin in this thread. I expressed my personal feelings that focusing on next year and off-season moves in the middle of a pennant race with the Sox playing their best baseball of the year strikes me as odd.

While I agree a a poster, I also would help Kenny IS looking at the next couple of years. has it been made public yet if Jamie is trying to get them signed NOW or in the offseason?

voodoochile
08-05-2009, 12:13 PM
While I agree a a poster, I also would help Kenny IS looking at the next couple of years. has it been made public yet if Jamie is trying to get them signed NOW or in the offseason?

Sure, but that's his job. I just think that sometimes fans get so bogged down in the details they forget to simply root and enjoy the moment. Different strokes, different folks I guess...

Rockabilly
08-05-2009, 12:13 PM

So lets say player X is available through waivers and he would make the Sox a lot stronger for the rest of this season and beyond. We shouldn't talk about him because Sox are in the pennant race..

I rather Marti be our 5th starter than Contreras

voodoochile
08-05-2009, 12:19 PM
So lets say player X is available through waivers and he would make the Sox a lot stronger for the rest of this season and beyond. We shouldn't talk about him because Sox are in the pennant race..

I rather Marti be our 5th starter than Contreras

I have no problem with that it's about today. I don't really have a major problem with the other either, the timing just struck me as odd.

You started this thread talking about off season and next year 10 minutes after the Sox finished winning one of the most exciting games of the year as they continue to improve as they are playing top of the AL competition. Like I said, it just struck me as odd, as a fan, not as an admin.

I'll just bow out now so this doesn't devolve into a fight. My apologies. Have fun.

Edit: From your comment, I didn't think you were talking about waiver wire deals. I have no idea who any of these guys are. I interpreted your post one way, when perhaps you intended it another.

Rockabilly
08-05-2009, 12:36 PM

Several scouts have said that these 3 guys are major league ready and will make a great impact on whoever signs them

http://www.thebaseballzealot.com/white-sox/sox-cant-get-enough-cubans

Rockabilly
08-05-2009, 12:38 PM
I have no problem with that it's about today. I don't really have a major problem with the other either, the timing just struck me as odd.

You started this thread talking about off season and next year 10 minutes after the Sox finished winning one of the most exciting games of the year as they continue to improve as they are playing top of the AL competition. Like I said, it just struck me as odd, as a fan, not as an admin.

I'll just bow out now so this doesn't devolve into a fight. My apologies. Have fun.

Edit: From your comment, I didn't think you were talking about waiver wire deals. I have no idea who any of these guys are. I interpreted your post one way, when perhaps you intended it another.

Marti is the #1 pitcher that came from Cuba. Most scouts think he's better than Chapman

dickallen15
08-05-2009, 01:08 PM

Have you seen him play? From what I've read, he's not expected to be much of a major leaguer.

The pitcher is supposed to have a lot of upside.

BadBobbyJenks
08-05-2009, 03:56 PM

What do I need to differentiate? Which ever version of Voodoo you were in this thread was uncalled for. So what if Rockabilly likes looking forward to seeing what the Sox will be in the future, he can watch the games in the present.

What's the score dude?

kittle42
08-05-2009, 04:01 PM
What do I need to differentiate? Which ever version of Voodoo you were in this thread was uncalled for. So what if Rockabilly likes looking forward to seeing what the Sox will be in the future, he can watch the games in the present.

What's the score dude?

This discussion kinda reminded me of this. I am in a fantasy league where 9 of the 11 teams seem to care more about draft picks and prospects than they do about the actual major league players on the fantasy rosters.

It is no surprise that the two of us who don't care are 1 and 2 in the standings.

Rockabilly
08-05-2009, 04:11 PM
This discussion kinda reminded me of this. I am in a fantasy league where 9 of the 11 teams seem to care more about draft picks and prospects than they do about the actual major league players on the fantasy rosters.

It is no surprise that the two of us who don't care are 1 and 2 in the standings.

How about a challenge? Next season we will see who does better in fantasy baseball.

kittle42
08-05-2009, 04:24 PM
How about a challenge? Next season we will see who does better in fantasy baseball.

See - always playing for next season!!! :D:

Rockabilly
08-05-2009, 04:29 PM
See - always playing for next season!!! :D:

so what do you say.. 12 team league & AL only

kittle42
08-05-2009, 04:37 PM
so what do you say.. 12 team league & AL only

I can barely handle the 2 leagues I'm in already!

BadBobbyJenks
08-05-2009, 04:43 PM
Oohhhh, I have never done an AL/NL only, count me in

Rockabilly
08-05-2009, 04:57 PM
Oohhhh, I have never done an AL/NL only, count me in

Ok. All we need is 10 more die hard fantasy players

voodoochile
08-05-2009, 05:24 PM
Ok. All we need is 10 more die hard fantasy players

Start a thread in the FI forum when the time comes.

gr8mexico
08-05-2009, 11:48 PM
Gomez and Marti the top two Cuban talents, They've reportedly expressed an interest in signing with either the White Sox:bandance: , Yankees or Red Sox.
Come on Kenny make something happend.

http://blogs.dailyherald.com/node/2391

Metalthrasher442
08-05-2009, 11:55 PM
Gomez and Marti the top two Cuban talents, They've reportedly expressed an interest in signing with either the White Sox:bandance: , Yankees or Red Sox.

Idk if we signed him by Sept. 1 I'm assuming he would have to take time to adjust and he would bring the club down. I think it would be sick to have him for next season though.

SoxNation05
08-06-2009, 01:28 AM
Idk if we signed him by Sept. 1 I'm assuming he would have to take time to adjust and he would bring the club down. I think it would be sick to have him for next season though.
Gomez reports have been weak but I'd love to welcome Marti to the rotation in the 5th spot.

BadBobbyJenks
08-06-2009, 04:27 PM

Look the White Sox are playing baseball right now. To even think of these possibilities is ridiculous.

soxfanreggie
08-07-2009, 12:18 AM
To think that Williams hasn't thought about this or doesn't have a staff member working on this would probably be wrong. As a GM you have to be focused on both the now and the future.

I do hope we take a long look at these guys. If they're worth it, let's make some offers.

chunk
08-10-2009, 07:54 PM
Jorge Arangure of ESPN thinks the Rios acquisition takes the Sox out of the Chapman race, so I asked him about these guys. He responded "They had an unimpressive workout on Friday and they aren't likely to sign very soon."

http://twitter.com/jorgearangure

oeo
08-11-2009, 12:55 AM
Jorge Arangure of ESPN thinks the Rios acquisition takes the Sox out of the Chapman race, so I asked him about these guys. He responded "They had an unimpressive workout on Friday and they aren't likely to sign very soon."

http://twitter.com/jorgearangure

Ha, I remember when Alexei had an 'unimpressive' workout, too.

WhiteSox5187
08-11-2009, 02:07 AM
Look the White Sox are playing baseball right now. To even think of these possibilities is ridiculous.

The Sox game is over and there are hours to kill at work or school or wherever. Why not think about next year? Part of being a fan is being a couch GM or whatever, you don't think Kenny is thinking of these possibilities or what he will do next year?