PDA

View Full Version : Angels come to town

hawkjt
08-04-2009, 12:59 PM
as the hottest team in baseball, winning 15 of 17. They are 17-3 since Vlade and Hunter went on the disabled list. They just reload, it seems
Glancing at the top hitters for the last 30 days..Aybar is #1 at .414 and Abreu is #3 at .379,with Morales at #16 hitting.345 with 9hrs...

Who are these guys? I know, Abreu has killed the Sox for years now,(oh,how good he would have looked in a Sox uni) but these other guys are from the Angels system,I presume, and pretty young.

Lackey has a 4.0 ERA ,not blow away numbers, and the Sox have had some good efforts vs him, but is a tough competitor on the bump. They have a newbie tomorrow nite, with Santana on Thursday...who has a bad era...
On paper, the Sox should have a decent shot at taking 2 of 3 but the Angels appear to be ripping all that paper up and just mashing.

Jose has to throw strikes tonite..or it could be a disaster..I will be out there tonite and am praying for the efficient strike pounding Jose to show up..otherwise, could be a long nite.

I have to say that a new owner in Moreno basically turned the Angels around for good and they are now right at the top in terms of baseball franchises. Scosia is a solid manager, and I find it hard to hate them like the A's and Twins...but I sure like beating them. Go Sox!!

soxfanatlanta
08-04-2009, 01:07 PM
Indeed, our guys have their work cut out for them.

Jim Shorts
08-04-2009, 01:07 PM
Hopefully, the humidity picks up and stays around through the game. Jose seems to throw better when it's hot and sticky outside.

kellykid
08-04-2009, 01:08 PM
I'll be there tonight as well. It should be one heck of a game! Jose really needs to come through for us tonight, and hopefully our bats will be as hot as ever! Go Sox!

Rohan
08-04-2009, 01:22 PM
Hopefully, the humidity picks up and stays around through the game. Jose seems to throw better when it's hot and sticky outside.

It's the Cuba in him :tongue:

voodoochile
08-04-2009, 01:38 PM
This is gonna be a great series for people who just enjoy good baseball. Might even be a preview of the ALCS.

munchman33
08-04-2009, 01:44 PM
as the hottest team in baseball, winning 15 of 17.

Yeah, but they were loading up on perpetual losers like the Twins.

If we can beat the Yankees, we can beat the Angels.

DaveFeelsRight
08-04-2009, 01:50 PM
Yeah, but they were loading up on perpetual losers like the Twins.

If we can beat the Yankees, we can beat the Angels.I hate to use this term but, "this".

we always play the angels hard. should be no different.

gobears1987
08-04-2009, 02:20 PM
I hate to use this term but, "this".

we always play the angels hard. should be no different.
We took 3 of 4 from them when we were in Anaheim earlier this year, and that was without Bacon.

Jimmy Piersall
08-04-2009, 02:28 PM
I see that we miss Jered Weaver this time around.Damn shame.

Metalthrasher442
08-04-2009, 02:38 PM
Jose needs to pitch like he pitched against Detroit and the bottom of the line-up needs to keep coming through and we should be in good shape to hold our own for the rest of the season.

Konerko is also due for a power surge he hasn't been hitting many home runs as of late.

Boondock Saint
08-04-2009, 02:47 PM
I see that we miss Jered Weaver this time around.Damn shame.

Teal? Missing Jered Weaver is one hell of a break for us.

Jimmy Piersall
08-04-2009, 03:07 PM
Teal? Missing Jered Weaver is one hell of a break for us.

Yeah,should have been teal or at least a wink there.I'll take the
guy we haven't seen before rather than have to face Weaver.
He kills us.

BadBobbyJenks
08-04-2009, 03:24 PM
I just got an email that Upper deck tickets are 9 dollars a pop for this series for Buehrle appreciation week.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20090729&content_id=6130472&vkey=pr_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws&partnerId=ed-2802915-92696926&source=ed-2802915-92696926

beasly213
08-04-2009, 05:03 PM
I just got an email that Upper deck tickets are 9 dollars a pop for this series for Buehrle appreciation week.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20090729&content_id=6130472&vkey=pr_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws&partnerId=ed-2802915-92696926&source=ed-2802915-92696926

Can I buy that at the box office for that price or does it have to be online?

chisoxfanatic
08-04-2009, 05:17 PM
This is gonna be a great series for people who just enjoy good baseball. Might even be a preview of the ALCS.
Deep pink??? :cool:

The Sox always match up well with the Halos, because they both play a pretty similar style of baseball. We can win this series if we keep on hitting with RISP like last series.

DumpJerry
08-04-2009, 05:19 PM
as the hottest team in baseball, winning 15 of 17. They are 17-3 since Vlade and Hunter went on the disabled list. They just reload, it seems
Glancing at the top hitters for the last 30 days..Aybar is #1 at .414 and Abreu is #3 at .379,with Morales at #16 hitting.345 with 9hrs...

Who are these guys? I know, Abreu has killed the Sox for years now,(oh,how good he would have looked in a Sox uni) but these other guys are from the Angels system,I presume, and pretty young.

Lackey has a 4.0 ERA ,not blow away numbers, and the Sox have had some good efforts vs him, but is a tough competitor on the bump. They have a newbie tomorrow nite, with Santana on Thursday...who has a bad era...
On paper, the Sox should have a decent shot at taking 2 of 3 but the Angels appear to be ripping all that paper up and just mashing.

Jose has to throw strikes tonite..or it could be a disaster..I will be out there tonite and am praying for the efficient strike pounding Jose to show up..otherwise, could be a long nite.

I have to say that a new owner in Moreno basically turned the Angels around for good and they are now right at the top in terms of baseball franchises. Scosia is a solid manager, and I find it hard to hate them like the A's and Twins...but I sure like beating them. Go Sox!!
At 11-2, the Yankees had the MLB-best record since the All Start Break. Then they met Commissioner Gordon :D:

Thatguyoverthere
08-04-2009, 05:26 PM
The Yankees were scorching when they came into town as well. I sure liked how that series turned out. :cool: Plus we always play the Angels well. Should be a good series.

Hitmen77
08-04-2009, 05:42 PM

VERY deep......but I like that way of thinking.

voodoochile
08-04-2009, 05:54 PM

The Sox always match up well with the Halos, because they both play a pretty similar style of baseball. We can win this series if we keep on hitting with RISP like last series.

Don't know if deep pink is called for. I think the Sox will win the division but have the worst record of the division winners. I expect Boston or NY to be the Wild Card so the Sox would play the ALE division winner in the first round.

After stomping that team, the Sox can settle in to play the Angels who will stomp the other team in the opening round.

Pretty basic stuff...:D:

chisoxfanatic
08-04-2009, 06:00 PM
Don't know if deep pink is called for. I think the Sox will win the division but have the worst record of the division winners. I expect Boston or NY to be the Wild Card so the Sox would play the ALE division winner in the first round.

After stomping that team, the Sox can settle in to play the Angels who will stomp the other team in the opening round.

Pretty basic stuff...:D:
And then the Sox will stomp the Angels and follow that with a stomping of the NL Champion, and the world will be perfect! :D:

voodoochile
08-04-2009, 06:05 PM
And then the Sox will stomp the Angels and follow that with a stomping of the NL Champion, and the world will be perfect! :D:

Now that would truly suck... Did I use the right color that time? :cool:

A. Cavatica
08-04-2009, 07:53 PM
I'll take the guy we haven't seen before rather than have to face Weaver. He kills us.

Six of one, half a dozen of the other. "The guy we haven't seen before" always kills us too.