PDA

View Full Version : Youtube video of Old Comiskey from 1990

samurai_sox
08-03-2009, 03:23 PM
Found this while I was browsing on Youtube. This isn't the video of the man and his girlfriend at a night game that was already posted here before, its a video of a walk around the old park, with the Cell not yet completed next door. I love old videos like this, since I was 4 years old at the time it was filmed so I never got to see the old park.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QX-GXXFriWU

BleacherBandit
08-03-2009, 03:48 PM
This is a good video, although I've seen it previously in threads like this.

Really gives you visual evidence as to why the Sox finally decided to build a new stadium.

Medford Bobby
08-03-2009, 06:30 PM
Shot a video like this one from Sept. 27, 1990. From walking to the park to sitting behind home for the last out with Bobby Thigpen saving the game. I wonder if I'm intelligent enough to post it though.........?:scratch:

Got a lot of views around the park, talked to Andy the Clown and even got a couple kissing under the Kingsford area that I call "ballpark love", some Andy Frain ushers giving me a "rap". All the typical things going on at a Sox night game, as I remembered them to be anyway.....:D:

SOXfnNlansing
08-03-2009, 07:10 PM
Shot a video like this one from Sept. 27, 1990. From walking to the park to sitting behind home for the last out with Bobby Thigpen saving the game. I wonder if I'm intelligent enough to post it though.........?:scratch:

Got a lot of views around the park, talked to Andy the Clown and even got a couple kissing under the Kingsford area that I call "ballpark love", some Andy Frain ushers giving me a "rap". All the typical things going on at a Sox night game, as I remembered them to be anyway.....:D:

For our sakes, I hope you can scramble a few brain cells and let us see:worship:

FloridaTigers
08-03-2009, 08:10 PM
That video was meh, because it had no game action, but theres one on the sidebar that does, and its real cool. Like being at the actual game, or close to it as one can be on the internet. There's a video like that of Tiger Stadium's final game, but mostly just the post-game festivities.

thomas35forever
08-03-2009, 08:32 PM
There's also this video someone shot a few days before demolition began.
dnJyd58ZP_M

chisoxfanatic
08-03-2009, 08:51 PM
Thank you for posting that! I clicked on other videos as well just to see how it really looked like.

Did anyone take video while it was being demolished? I just watched this one of Yankee Stadium's:
XJecWeBvJzs

SephClone89
08-03-2009, 09:06 PM
Did anyone take video while it was being demolished? I just watched this one of Yankee Stadium's:
XJecWeBvJzs

Got me.

chisoxfanatic
08-03-2009, 09:08 PM
Yes, I did...I was rick rolled too! :wink:

Besides, I think that's The Vet instead of Yankee Stadium.

OldRomanPizza
08-03-2009, 10:20 PM
Very appropriate song when he pans over to the new Comiskey. :cool:

Wow.....who thought that new park would bring us all the memories it has?

I am also convinced the 35th street viaduct will be in my vision whenever my life flashes before my eyes.

awesomefan
08-05-2009, 02:29 AM
I went to the Baseball Hall of Fame Exhibit in Chicago several years ago & they had a very large picture of a guy on a partially torn down wall of Old Comskey. He was grabbing bricks & tossing them down.

Can you believe that guy was my departed husband....after I saw it, I asked him about it & he said YES....he was at Old Comiskey on the wall.

He was so excited to know that he was in the Baseball Hall of Fame.

I bought one of those bricks at Sox Fest one year & got "Beltin'" Bill Melton..The Ladies Man to sign it for me.:cool:

awesomefan
08-07-2009, 09:41 AM
I remember now the Baseball Hall of Fame Exhibit was at the Field Museum & I got a picture of Sue the Dinasour, but they didn't allow pictures to be taken inside the Hall of Fame Exhibit.

Maybe the Chicago baseball museum my have that picture of my Husband. Next time I get to Chicago, I need to go there & check it out...never been there before.

The Critic
08-08-2009, 07:13 AM
Those guys sure liked Foreigner.
:D: