Twinkies 4

Sox now 3 games back, but only 1/2 game above the indians

doublem23
06-05-2002, 11:31 PM
:twinslose

Eat that, Minnesota!

Tragg
06-05-2002, 11:36 PM
If we play .500 ball we'll probably be in striking distance all year. That would be frustrating as hell.

Let's get it back together, win this division, and then fix our problems in the offseason. No freaky trades, no more mediocrities. Maybe pick someone up if he's cheap, or dump some of our junk on a Gord Ash (the cubs should hire him) or whoever is running the brewers.

FanOf14
06-05-2002, 11:38 PM
I am hoping after that 23-2 game, the Twins will be tapped for runs for awhile!!! May they be the next to go through a run drought!!!

CubKilla
06-06-2002, 12:02 AM
That's a load off my mind. Beltin' Bill and the other guy (Sorry, can't remember his name) ended the Sox PostGame show with, "Twins are up in the bottom of the 9th, losing 6-4, but are threatening." WHEW!

Randar68
06-06-2002, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by Tragg
If we play .500 ball we'll probably be in striking distance all year. That would be frustrating as hell.

Let's get it back together, win this division, and then fix our problems in the offseason. No freaky trades, no more mediocrities. Maybe pick someone up if he's cheap, or dump some of our junk on a Gord Ash (the cubs should hire him) or whoever is running the brewers.

I hear there's a certain GM in LA looking for top talent along the lines of Gary Majewski or Ray Durham....

LongDistanceFan
06-06-2002, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by Randar68

I hear there's a certain GM in LA looking for top talent along the lines of Gary Majewski or Ray Durham.... maybe now he can get the right berry in the trade.

voodoochile
06-06-2002, 12:35 AM
Man the bottom half of the 9th took forever in that game (maybe 1/2 hour). It was 6-2 going in and I kept waiting for it to become final as the score slowly climbed to 6-3 and then 6-4. I nearly had a heart attack when ESPNEWS finally showed the last out with a 3-2 count, 2 outs and the bases loaded, the Twink hitter took a called strike 3 right down the pipe...

Before he threw the pitch in the replay, I didn't know the final score, so all I'm thinking is "Please don't leave the park..."

Been a while since I've said this (if ever), but what the heck, Thank God for Cleveland...