PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 8-2 We Won the Series Postgame Thread

thomas35forever
08-02-2009, 04:19 PM
Disappointing, but it's tough to win a four-game series, much less against the top team in the AL.

Whitesoxfan23
08-02-2009, 04:19 PM
Disappointing, but it's tough to win a four-game series, much less against the top team in the AL.

QFT. I'm not mad at all. I applaud our Sox.

GoGoCrede
08-02-2009, 04:20 PM
I was pretty down about this series before it began, and thought a split would be wonderful. Winning the series is great. And we scored a few off CC, no small feat.

And the game chat was hilarious. Loved getting to know my fellow posters better.

SOXfnNlansing
08-02-2009, 04:20 PM
Gotta love Beckham hitting way over .300 now! MB just didn't have it today.

chisoxfanatic
08-02-2009, 04:21 PM
I'm just happy we won 3 of the 4 games in this series. Thankfully we didn't lose any ground in the standings!

Chicken Dinner
08-02-2009, 04:22 PM
Yep, Burls didn't have anything today.

guillensdisciple
08-02-2009, 04:22 PM
Gained 1.5 games in the standings, and beat the top team in the A.L 3 of 4 times. Not bad, not bad.

Bring on the Angels. We will show the Twins how winning baseball is played against good teams.

Frater Perdurabo
08-02-2009, 04:23 PM
Not getting Getz home after the leadoff triple in the 7th was huge in a bad way.

Lip Man 1
Actually I think the Sox picked up a game this weekend.

Lip

manders_01
Would have loved a win today but it wasn't to be. I'm way more happy that we took this series and today's loss was a close game.

Get'em next time guys! :thumbsup:

SoxFan1979
08-02-2009, 04:24 PM
3 of 4 I'll take that everytime. No ground lost as the kittens and PL's lost today.

Harry Potter
08-02-2009, 04:24 PM
Exactly. To take 3 of 4 from the Yankees is always a success. Plus in the manner we won those 3 games.

Let's enjoy a day off before another big series.

cbone
08-02-2009, 04:26 PM
Bacon is jaw dropping to watch. Just incredible. :gulp:

SephClone89
A shame, but these guys weren't going to beat CC, especially with Buehrle having an off-start.

But...Gordon Beckham. =Jesus Christ?

fuzzy_patters
The Yankees have a great lineup, and we held them down for three straight games. Giving up eight runs in the fourth game sucked, but it's hard to complain after the first three.

The offense was even better than the pitching. They performed well in all four games and even hit double digits twice. All of this against a team that buys All-Stars. That's pretty impressive.

Soxgirl22
08-02-2009, 04:28 PM
Well, I'm glad to have won the series, and I have a newfound love for Gordon Beckham :smile:

SoxSpeed22
08-02-2009, 04:28 PM
One of those 60 losses, what are you gonna do?
Overall, good series. I'm glad that the Sox hitters remember where right field is. For the most part, the bullpen did it's job. Now we got a tough test against the Angels.

chisoxfanatic
08-02-2009, 04:30 PM

Lip
No, it was 1.5 games on the Tigers. Both Detroit and Minnesota were idle on Thursday, and we won that day, which accounts for the extra half game. We actually picked up 2.5 games on the Twins, since they were swept in their 3-game series.

October26
08-02-2009, 04:48 PM
I was pretty down about this series before it began, and thought a split would be wonderful. Winning the series is great. And we scored a few off CC, no small feat.

And the game chat was hilarious. Loved getting to know my fellow posters better.

I enjoyed the game chat as well today, GGC! It was so much fun.

Happy to see the Sox win the series against the Yanks.

I'm going outside to enjoy the rest of this beautiful day!

Sox
08-02-2009, 05:03 PM
It's awesome that the SOX took 3 of 4 from the much despised Yankees. I just wish that the SOX would have kept Clayton and sent Linebrink to San Diego. Clayton would have been a better choice out of the bullpen than Linebrink. Anyway great Sox series sweep.:bandance:

chisoxfanatic
08-02-2009, 05:05 PM
It's awesome that the SOX took 3 of 4 from the much despised Yankees. I just wish that the SOX would have kept Clayton and sent Linebrink to San Diego. Clayton would have been a better choice out of the bullpen than Linebrink. Anyway great Sox series sweep.:bandance:
Do you REALLY think San Diego would've accepted the trade if Linebrink was in the deal instead of Richard? I don't.

WhiteSox1989
08-02-2009, 05:30 PM
Gordon Beckham is a stud.

I'm not pissed we lost today, although a sweep would've been nice.

Sox took 3 of 4 from the Yankees=ME on very happy lady.

Go Sox, and the get the Angels Tuesday.:bandance:

SoxGirl4Life
08-02-2009, 05:39 PM
Nice game to be at. It was a beautiful day and the Sox were in it the whole game. Even the Yankees fans were less obnoxious than they could have been. Glad we won the series and didn't lose any ground today. Bring on the Angels!

Edit: And I'll agree. Beckham is a STUD

BoysMom3
08-02-2009, 05:47 PM
Great series. On to win the next one.

doublem23
08-02-2009, 06:19 PM

Lip

They picked up a game and a half on Detroit and 2 games on Minnesota, if I did my math correctly.

chisoxfanatic
08-02-2009, 06:23 PM
They picked up a game and a half on Detroit and 2 games on Minnesota, if I did my math correctly.
We gained 2.5 games on the Twins, since they were idle on Thursday, and we won that day, accounting for the extra half game. I posted that a few posts up as well. Soooo...You get a C+ for the day from Ms. Chisoxfanatic. :cool:

hi im skot
08-02-2009, 06:36 PM
If you had told me Thursday afternoon that the Sox would take 3 of 4 from the Yankees, I probably wouldn't have believed you, so it's tough to complain.

However, Scott Linebrink is still awful.

JB98
08-02-2009, 07:26 PM
Buehrle seems to struggle against the Yankees. Today was no exception. Rough outing for Mark. Five runs against Sabathia, I was pretty happy with that. The Sox just weren't able to overcome a rare bad outing by their ace.

The Sox are still in decent position in the standings. This weekend was a nice recovery from the poor road trip, despite the disappointment this afternoon.

Shoeless
08-02-2009, 08:08 PM
If you had told me Thursday afternoon that the Sox would take 3 of 4 from the Yankees, I probably wouldn't have believed you, so it's tough to complain.

However, Scott Linebrink is still awful.

Man, looking at our schedule, that NY tiffany's logo was the scariest part to me. Still a tough road ahead. Let's rock it! I'm going twice this week!

slavko
08-02-2009, 10:48 PM
Do you REALLY think San Diego would've accepted the trade if Linebrink was in the deal instead of Richard? I don't.

Aside from the $4M a year and the over-the-hill problems, Linebrink would have sealed the deal.

Woofer
08-02-2009, 11:37 PM
Went to the game today, and their were alot of Yankees fans around us in the upper deck. For the most part, however, they were well behaved, and just there to cheer their team on. I really can't fault them for that, they were much better behaved than the Cubs or Red Sox fans that I've come in contact with over the years.

Here is a funny little sidenote, as we were stuck in traffic trying to get back onto I-55 south,and we saw Hawk Harrelson. He was stuck in traffic too, and was trying to get into our lane. My wife said, "It's Hawk" and sure enough it was. We waved at him, and he started to roll down the window of his pearl white Infiniti, so we did too. I yelled over, " Hi Hawk, tough game today!" And he smiled and waved and said, "It's real hard to sweep a team." We actually drove pretty close to him the whole way home, he got off in Bolingbrook. I kind of wondered if he was going to try to get some golf in or something. We got a kick out of seeing him, he seemed very friendly. Well anyway, that was my brush with greatness for the day.

hi im skot
08-02-2009, 11:48 PM
Went to the game today, and their were alot of Yankees fans around us in the upper deck. For the most part, however, they were well behaved, and just there to cheer their team on. I really can't fault them for that, they were much better behaved than the Cubs or Red Sox fans that I've come in contact with over the years.

Here is a funny little sidenote, as we were stuck in traffic trying to get back onto I-55 south,and we saw Hawk Harrelson. He was stuck in traffic too, and was trying to get into our lane. My wife said, "It's Hawk" and sure enough it was. We waved at him, and he started to roll down the window of his pearl white Infiniti, so we did too. I yelled over, " Hi Hawk, tough game today!" And he smiled and waved and said, "It's real hard to sweep a team." We actually drove pretty close to him the whole way home, he got off in Bolingbrook. I kind of wondered if he was going to try to get some golf in or something. We got a kick out of seeing him, he seemed very friendly. Well anyway, that was my brush with greatness for the day.

I ****ing love Hawk.

everafan
08-03-2009, 09:43 AM

Hawk's son is the golf pro at Bolingbrook Country Club.

Foulke You
08-03-2009, 12:29 PM
You gain 1.5 games in the standings in a weekend you had hoped to just keep pace considering the Tigers were playing the Tribe while we were playing the Bronx Bombers. Sunday's would have been gravy but I'm happy with the way we played.

mantis1212
08-03-2009, 12:40 PM
You gain 1.5 games in the standings in a weekend you had hoped to just keep pace considering the Tigers were playing the Tribe while we were playing the Bronx Bombers. Sunday's would have been gravy but I'm happy with the way we played.

Yes, overall it was a gret weekend. If anybody is still looking at stength-of-schedule metrics, I think the Sox just got a big boost.