PDA

View Full Version : Salad Shooter strikes again....

Randar68
06-05-2002, 11:01 PM
Picks up the win in releif of a 7-5 win. 16 hits for the Knights, highlights of the Box Score to follow when available. Also, Almonte gets his 11th save.

Randar68
06-06-2002, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by Randar68
Picks up the win in releif of a 7-5 win. 16 hits for the Knights, highlights of the Box Score to follow when available. Also, Almonte gets his 11th save.

Wille Harris 3-4 with a double, R, RBI, CS and a BB
Hummel 3-4 with a double and a walk, one R, and an RBI
Crede 2-4 with 2 K's and a walk with an RBI
LTP went 1-5 with a triple and a R

Brooks went 2-4 and pitched 2/3 of a scoreless inning, although he gave up 2 hits...

The negative of the night was 4 Errors, one each for Harris and Hummel. They were eac's 5th of the season.

LongDistanceFan
06-06-2002, 01:09 AM

Brooks went 2-4 and pitched 2/3 of a scoreless inning, although he gave up 2 hits...

The negative of the night was 4 Errors, one each for Harris and Hummel. They were eac's 5th of the season. a good night in the minors.......... when does, {damn i can't think now but the ss who was converted to a pit}, pitches again?

Chisox_cali
06-06-2002, 01:10 AM

The negative of the night was 4 Errors, one each for Harris and Hummel. They were eac's 5th of the season.

Do you think that Hummel and Harris would be a big defensive liabilty up the middle for us? Better or Worse than a Durham and Choice/Graffy?

Randar68
06-06-2002, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
a good night in the minors.......... when does, {damn i can't think now but the ss who was converted to a pit}, pitches again?

Former first rounder Jason Dellaero. He pitches in releif, and has been getting work in no particular schedule as far as I have been able to tell.

Chisox_cali
06-06-2002, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
a good night in the minors.......... when does, {damn i can't think now but the ss who was converted to a pit}, pitches again?

Jason Dellaero

LongDistanceFan
06-06-2002, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali

Jason Dellaero yeah... thanks

bc2k
06-06-2002, 02:54 AM
Randar68, I didn't know Crede, Hummell and Harris were all playing on the same team. Does that mean Hummell was playing SS? I remember hearing Hummell wasn't too good defensively at short. Has he made any progress, can he make it to the bigs at shortstop?

Nellie_Fox
06-06-2002, 03:43 AM
Okay, I went to the glossary, and it's not there. Who's Salad Shooter?

Vsahajpal
06-06-2002, 05:01 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
Okay, I went to the glossary, and it's not there. Who's Salad Shooter?

you could've checked the box score :)

Ryan Kohlmeier

Randar68
06-06-2002, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by bc2k
Randar68, I didn't know Crede, Hummell and Harris were all playing on the same team. Does that mean Hummell was playing SS? I remember hearing Hummell wasn't too good defensively at short. Has he made any progress, can he make it to the bigs at shortstop?

Well, since the day he was drafted, it's been thought Hummel would be a 2B by the time he got to the majors. I don't think he has the power for third, although he has a sweet gap swing that might develop it in the future. In AA, Hummel was first tried at SS and committed a crap-load of errors in a very short time. They moved him to 2B to eventually take over for Ray. There, he was being compared to a Jeff Kent-type player.

However, when we got Harris in the Singleton trade and realized he was never going to cut it at CF in the future, both the organization and Hummel were eager to try him back at SS. In AAA this year, they've taken a Jack Wilson-like approach: "Take as much IF practice and concentrate on it as much as you can. Don't worry about the hitting, we know you can hit, it will come around." Basically, Sox brass wanted to see if he would be able to cut it defensively at SS. So far so good. I think he will have limited range there, he's 6'2" and not the quickest guy ever. However, he has good instincts and an arm a little above average for SS. If he can provide steady and solid defense, great. I would project him as the type of hitter that would be about a .280-10-70 guy with an OBP around .380. As he matures, he will develop more power, but he will never be an A-ROD type power hitter.

On CHarlotte, they have LTP in CF, Crede at 3B, Hummel at SS, and Harris at 2B. Lee Evans plays DH, 1B, a little OF I thik and catches a little. If Mario Valenzuela ever gets healthy, he will likely also be in Charlotte. Not to mention Jon Rauch...but the rest of their staff blows. Mendoza, Porzio's been starting, Parque...

FarWestChicago
06-06-2002, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
Okay, I went to the glossary, and it's not there. Who's Salad Shooter? Sorry about that, Nellie. He wasn't around long enough to merit an entry. :smile:

SoxxoS
06-06-2002, 12:56 PM
Mario Venezuela is out of the year with a torn elbow. I believe he had surgery already.

OfficerKarkovice
06-06-2002, 05:14 PM
How has Lee Evans been doing lately?