PDA

View Full Version : Saturday's Winning Pick to Click

Daver
08-01-2009, 06:38 PM
Did his job.

:pods:

The rumors that I have lost the ability to get on base are unfounded.

october23sp
08-01-2009, 06:41 PM
Honorable mention to every player.

doublem23
08-01-2009, 06:56 PM
Honorable mention to every player.

A.J. Burnett included.

DumpJerry
08-01-2009, 06:59 PM
I was listening to talk radio the other day (don't remember which it was, The Score or ESPN1000) and they were talking about Pods with one of the Sox players (don't remember which one). They said when he was with the team before, he was very tense. This tension carried over to his time with the Rockies. During ST this year, he was told he was being cut and then played a ST game the next day. He was very relaxed during that game and had the time of his life playing that game. He said that is when he realized he needed to stay relaxed and enjoy the game.

The player was then asked is Quentin is able to relax like Pods and the player laughed hard.

ode to veeck
08-01-2009, 07:07 PM
too many highlights to even mention, Nix's OBP soars with 4 BB shattering the .300 barrier to .318, Getz doing his Pods imitation stealing 2nd then 3rd, Kotsay's hard hits finally found a hole, Beckham doubling in a ton of Sox in both big innings, AJ and Getz both 3-5 as well, nearly everyone contributed at the plate, even the substitutes.

GoGoCrede
08-01-2009, 07:46 PM
A.J. Burnett included.

And the Yankee bullpen. :smile:

MtGrnwdSoxFan
08-01-2009, 07:49 PM
I am drinking a Coca-Cola Classic in honor of Phil Coke's contribution to this game.

Shoeless
08-01-2009, 09:11 PM
I am drinking a Coca-Cola Classic in honor of Phil Coke's contribution to this game.

I also am paying tribute to coke... :smokin:

tebman
08-01-2009, 11:07 PM
Gotta love the Yankee pitching staff! :bandance:

Your Totally Biased Game Recap (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=4&id=3854)is published after reviewing the many, many pieces of today's epic.

Indulge yourselves!

:cool:

voodoochile
08-01-2009, 11:13 PM

Your Totally Biased Game Recap (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=4&id=3854)is published after reviewing the many, many pieces of today's epic.

Indulge yourselves!

Color me indulged...

:clap: :D:

chisoxfanatic
08-01-2009, 11:53 PM

Indulge yourselves!

:o:

No dessert tonight?!?! Ok, so I'll go over to Dewayne Wise's house for milk, cookies, and ice cream instead! :P

ode to veeck
08-02-2009, 12:11 AM
Color me indulged...

:clap: :D:

quite the indulgent report there tonight

DumpJerry
08-02-2009, 12:23 AM
:o:

No dessert tonight?!?! Ok, so I'll go over to Dewayne Wise's house for milk, cookies, and ice cream instead! :P
Did I miss a quote from Wise somewhere? Where does this reference to milk, cookies and ice cream with Wise come from?

hawkjt
08-02-2009, 07:25 AM
I was listening to talk radio the other day (don't remember which it was, The Score or ESPN1000) and they were talking about Pods with one of the Sox players (don't remember which one). They said when he was with the team before, he was very tense. This tension carried over to his time with the Rockies. During ST this year, he was told he was being cut and then played a ST game the next day. He was very relaxed during that game and had the time of his life playing that game. He said that is when he realized he needed to stay relaxed and enjoy the game.

The player was then asked is Quentin is able to relax like Pods and the player laughed hard.

I heard that also.
The Sox are back to the 05 formula..as Pods goes, so goes the Sox.
He hit a dry stretch vs tigers and twins,and the sox offense died.
He had the day off, and now he is back with pep in his step.
Keep him fresh,Ozzie.