PDA

View Full Version : Glover finally steps up

MattSharp
06-05-2002, 09:53 PM
Maybe he feels his job in jeopardy with Biddle's return hopefully coming soon. With Garland's latest performance and the way he has looked he has a spot. I hope I didn't jsut jinx him but he has looked good through 5.....

bc2k
06-06-2002, 02:13 AM
I bet it had something to do with Manuel's comment of only needing 4 starters for a while due to off days.

I'd say Glover has earned himself one more start before JM goes to a 4-man rotation. Garland came out of nowhere with three great starts, let's see if Glover can follow Jon's path.

To be fair, Gary has just gotten stretched out. Perhaps his previous poor/mediocre performances were due to fatigue since he was pitching more innings than he had since 2001. Now that he is able to throw 100+ (he threw 103 tonight) give him some more starts to show what he can do with his arm at full strength. In my book, Gary Glover is 1-0 as a starter this season.

I'm going to politely disagree with you about Biddle, MattSharp. While I'm a Biddle fan and believe he has more potential than Glover, he cannot throw 100 pitches yet like Glover can. Right now, Glover gives the Sox a better chance of winning. I think I'll hold this opinion for another three weeks, see what Glover, Biddle and Wright do. If Wright continues with more three inning outings and Glover pitches like he did tonight, then swap Biddle and Wright.

kevingrt
06-06-2002, 10:44 AM
I bet it had something to do with Manuel's comment of only needing 4 starters for a while due to off days.

Actually, said if you don't do well and go 6+ IP then we'll trade you to the Cubs

34 Inch Stick
06-06-2002, 10:58 AM
I still think his best position is in the bullpen. This is not a demotion. The guy has been excellent out of the bullpen in his career. I would even throw a less qualified pitcher (Biddle or Ginter) as the five starter just to get Glover as the main set up man. The more opportunities he has to pitch the more valuable he is to the team.

TheBigHurt
06-06-2002, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by MattSharp
Maybe he feels his job in jeopardy with Biddle's return hopefully coming soon. With Garland's latest performance and the way he has looked he has a spot. I hope I didn't jsut jinx him but he has looked good through 5.....

im actully upset with glover pitching a good game becuase now who knows how long it will be till we see Biddle in the rotation

Daver
06-06-2002, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by TheBigHurt

im actully upset with glover pitching a good game becuase now who knows how long it will be till we see Biddle in the rotation

Biddle isn't ready for the rotation yet.

TheBigHurt
06-06-2002, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by daver

Biddle isn't ready for the rotation yet.

Does anyone know when he'll be ready?