PDA

View Full Version : Chat Room

awesomefan
07-31-2009, 10:51 PM
I've been gone offline for over a year & never posted too much anyway....did read alot of posts though.

Does anyone go to the Chat Room during Sox games anymore? I tried to go & I got as far as the Chat Lobby....does that mean I'm in the Chat Room where I can post & chat with other fans?

No one was there in the Chat Lobby anyway. Like how do you get out of the Chat Lobby & into the Chat Room?

Thanks to anyone that can help.

Awesome.....WOW.....Sox just beat the Damn Yankees 2 games in a row.:bandance:

ode to veeck
07-31-2009, 11:09 PM
I don't know the whole story on it but the fact is it hasn't been used in recent memory and folks just do it in the game day threads, not quite the same, but that's what it has been for a while now

kevingrt
08-01-2009, 09:29 AM
I don't know the whole story on it but the fact is it hasn't been used in recent memory and folks just do it in the game day threads, not quite the same, but that's what it has been for a while now

Sad. I loved the chat room back when we sucked in 2003 and 2004. Those were some good times.

Shoeless
08-01-2009, 12:24 PM
I've been gone offline for over a year & never posted too much anyway....did read alot of posts though.

Does anyone go to the Chat Room during Sox games anymore? I tried to go & I got as far as the Chat Lobby....does that mean I'm in the Chat Room where I can post & chat with other fans?

No one was there in the Chat Lobby anyway. Like how do you get out of the Chat Lobby & into the Chat Room?

Thanks to anyone that can help.

Awesome.....WOW.....Sox just beat the Damn Yankees 2 games in a row.

A group of us went into the chat lobby against Detroit in the 9th inning, then Bobby blew a save and the Sox lost. Since then it seems like no one wants anything to do with it.

WhiteSoxFan84
08-01-2009, 02:36 PM
Let's bring it back! Everyone be there for today's game. I'll be a little late, but I'll get there.

And I tried to get you guys into the chat when Bobby blew the game against Tampa Bay. Clearly he just hasn't had it lately and it wasn't a chat room jinx! It was just bad Bobby Jinx.

kevingrt
08-01-2009, 02:41 PM
I'll be there at work if my computer is ready. Most I have been pumped for a Sox game since October 2005. HA!

Whitesoxfan23
08-01-2009, 03:03 PM
I'm in the chat too. Cmon people. Let's fill this place up.

Domeshot17
08-01-2009, 07:31 PM
Awesomefan, the large majority of the group that chatted has moved to a different website. Most of those guys no longer post here, some by choice, some by ban.

chisoxfanatic
08-01-2009, 07:31 PM
Awesomefan, the large majority of the group that chatted has moved to a different website. Most of those guys no longer post here, some by choice, some by ban.
The crowd was quite large today, and we all enjoyed chatting during that bloody massacre of the Yankees.

BleacherBandit
08-01-2009, 08:04 PM
What's this Chat Room you speak of? I was at the game today, didn't know about it. I was posting here.

chisoxfanatic
08-01-2009, 08:36 PM
What's this Chat Room you speak of? I was at the game today, didn't know about it. I was posting here.
Under the big WhiteSoxInteractive banner at the top, there's a think black strip that says "Home, Chat, Stats, etc..." Click on "Chat."

october23sp
08-01-2009, 08:38 PM
What if I get a black screen when I click chat?

chisoxfanatic
08-01-2009, 08:38 PM
What if I get a black screen when I click chat?
That means you don't have all of the appropriate plug-ins downloaded.

Boondock Saint
08-01-2009, 09:14 PM
Chat was a blast today. I think this will become more of a regular occurrence.

kaufsox
08-01-2009, 10:06 PM
I was at the game today, but the chat room during 2005-2006 was just awesome. Crap, Tigers win...

MarySwiss
08-01-2009, 10:20 PM
Chat was a blast today. I think this will become more of a regular occurrence.

I was at the game today, but the chat room during 2005-2006 was just awesome. Crap, Tigers win...

I never thought to check the chat today because the game was on Fox out here, but the last few times I checked it during Saturday blackout games, nobody was in there. I really like the chat, so I'm happy it's staging a comeback. :smile:

RedPinStripes
08-01-2009, 11:02 PM
:takeittochat :)

chisoxfanatic
08-01-2009, 11:54 PM
Maury...errr...RPS: Are you ever gonna do Sox And Roll again?

RedPinStripes
08-01-2009, 11:58 PM
Maury...errr...RPS: Are you ever gonna do Sox And Roll again?

Maybe a pod cast via skype. Nothing like before. That disclaimer they talk about before every broadcast scares me. I have a lot to lose now. I'm thankful they let us be idiots for 4 years. If anything ever again, just a talk show to catch up with everyone and have some fun.

You don't want to hear me live at 2am drunk anyway. :gulp::)

chisoxfanatic
08-02-2009, 12:12 AM
Maybe a pod cast via skype. Nothing like before. That disclaimer they talk about before every broadcast scares me. I have a lot to lose now. I'm thankful they let us be idiots for 4 years. If anything ever again, just a talk show to catch up with everyone and have some fun.

You don't want to hear me live at 2am drunk anyway. :gulp::)
But those were GOLDEN moments...especially when the cops showed up. :cool:

RedPinStripes
08-02-2009, 12:32 AM
But those were GOLDEN moments...especially when the cops showed up. :cool:

Man I wish I had that recorded. Joe Batters opens the door with a cap gun with an orange tip and 3 cops pulled guns on him. *****! They were really pissed when they figured out they were being broadcasted live . HAAA!!!!!!!!! I haven't thought about that day in a long time. Good times!

chisoxfanatic
08-02-2009, 12:35 AM
Man I wish I had that recorded. Joe Batters opens the door with a cap gun with an orange tip and 3 cops pulled guns on him. *****! They were really pissed when they figured out they were being broadcasted live . HAAA!!!!!!!!! I haven't thought about that day in a long time. Good times!
I was listening in on that one and almost drenched my laptop with water...HILARIOUS!

Maybe Guido will do a reunion show with you? You guys don't need JoeyBatters. :wink:

RedPinStripes
08-02-2009, 01:11 AM
I was listening in on that one and almost drenched my laptop with water...HILARIOUS!

Maybe Guido will do a reunion show with you? You guys don't need JoeyBatters. :wink:

No , dont need him. cant find him anyway. Im sure we'll do a talk show sometime. nothing regular. Just messing around andcatch up with the loyal listeners we had.

chisoxfanatic
08-02-2009, 01:24 AM
No , dont need him. cant find him anyway. Im sure we'll do a talk show sometime. nothing regular. Just messing around andcatch up with the loyal listeners we had.
Speaking of loyal listeners, I wonder what the heck happened to baggio and NUKE_CLEVELAND...They were both great contributors to the boards.

RedPinStripes
08-02-2009, 01:46 AM
Speaking of loyal listeners, I wonder what the heck happened to baggio and NUKE_CLEVELAND...They were both great contributors to the boards.

Nuke is around. He hangs out with Guido and Pessi all the time when he's on leave from the Army. Haven't heard from Baggio. I'm sure he's on one of these Sox message boards. I'd like to track him down sometime. Good guy.

awesomefan
08-04-2009, 02:41 AM
Yeah! SOX n ROLL Radio was the awesomest. Hope someone can start that up again. I had alot of really good laughs & fun memories.

For those that didn't get in on Sox n Roll Radio, it was live semi play by play broadcast of Sox games by, of course, die-hard White Sox fans.

You could chat with them on I think AOL Instant Message during the game.....so cool!

ode to veeck
08-04-2009, 06:14 AM
RPS and Guido topped even Harry and Jimmy in their prime.

Maybe you could do a web live talk show during games when you ocassionally comment after the fact on major game actions/updates, kind of like how is done on some sports radio talk shows today ... and avoid everything that might be implied (indimidating) by the disclaimers.

I remember calling in to SNR one time with West on a cell phone from a game in Oakland, might have been the game when Ozzie put Butter into a game the Sox were leading when all he could hit was BP velocities.

gobears1987
08-04-2009, 10:40 AM
My best memory of chat was when Comcast was replaying all of the 2005 playoff games in December 2005. A bunch of us went in there and acted as if we were watching the games for the first time. I even started a postgame thread after ALDS Game 1. Homefish was kind enough to make a post saying we used up all of our runs after winning 14-2. It was great.

Marqhead
08-05-2009, 06:57 PM
Can anyone help me out with why I can't access the chat room?

It worked this weekend, but now it's a blank white screen when I go into it. I've tried with both firefox and IE. I know other people on here are having the same problem.

Any tips are appreciated!

SoxGirl4Life
08-05-2009, 06:59 PM
Can anyone help me out with why I can't access the chat room?

It worked this weekend, but now it's a blank white screen when I go into it. I've tried with both firefox and IE. I know other people on here are having the same problem.

Any tips are appreciated!

I'm running google chrome and I just checked it. No problem. I know at work I can't get on it because of a firewall. Did something change in your settings or some automatic update or something?

Marqhead
08-05-2009, 07:02 PM
I'm running google chrome and I just checked it. No problem. I know at work I can't get on it because of a firewall. Did something change in your settings or some automatic update or something?

I was wondering if it might be my java settings, so I'm downloading an update. If that doesn't work I'll try chrome. Thanks!

spongyfungy
08-05-2009, 08:08 PM
One thing I miss are the extra sound effects. Where is the firecracker sound? I remember after the a white sox winner, the firecracker spam would be the inevitable sound after the final out

flo-B-flo
08-05-2009, 09:22 PM
My best memory of chat was when Comcast was replaying all of the 2005 playoff games in December 2005. A bunch of us went in there and acted as if we were watching the games for the first time. I even started a postgame thread after ALDS Game 1. Homefish was kind enough to make a post saying we used up all of our runs after winning 14-2. It was great. ....a great time indeed. When Pods hit his walk off - after everyone "predicted" it - there was a long pause of NO responses. As if everyone was stunned by the moment......Again....... I was...:tongue:

#1swisher
08-05-2009, 10:49 PM
First time posting in Chat. Thanks awesomefan for the mention.
A lot of fun to read positive comments today. More sound effects should be added, using only 3 really brought out the creativity of everyone.
When LA made a pitching change to see *meow*:rolling:

gobears1987
08-06-2009, 12:11 AM
We need *boom* back. I miss that from the 2005-2006 chat.

thomas35forever
08-06-2009, 12:22 PM
Chat worked for me during the weekend, but now everytime I go in, my browser closes. FTR, I use Firefox. Should I download Opera or something?

VeeckAsInWreck
08-06-2009, 12:25 PM
We need *boom* back. I miss that from the 2005-2006 chat.

yeah I think there was also a whip crack and a growling sound effect too. I'm glad people are using chat again. Hope to see a lot of you there around game time.