View Full Version : Friday's winning PTC

voodoochile
07-31-2009, 11:27 PM
Did his job...

:TCQ:
"The rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated..."

ode to veeck
07-31-2009, 11:37 PM
Honorable mention to * the bullpen *, who were looked to keep the Sox in tonight's slugfest. Even though the big wide guy was not around to close it, Pena, Dotel, and Linebrink pitched 5 scoreless innings to just plain bury the Yankees.

ode to veeck
07-31-2009, 11:50 PM
Another Honorable Mention has to go the "back of the order" guy Getz, who keeps coming up with big hits, this time a 2 out 2 run single that opened the dam on the Yankees late in the game. Moments later he was also lead the front end of a 1st and 3rd double steal that credited Nix with the theft on home before Pods knocked Getz in too.

WhiteSox1989
07-31-2009, 11:51 PM
Good game by Quentin and Getz.

Brian26
08-01-2009, 12:36 AM
Totally Barry Axelrod Game Report (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=4&id=3853)

Whitesox029
08-01-2009, 02:44 AM
I didn't actually make a pick for today, but on the way home I was looking at my game scorecard (which I always keep) and wondering whether Getz or Pierzynski would win. Rongey agreed with voodoo and gave it to CQ, but Getz had the biggest AB of the game in my opinion with the 2-run single in the 7th, and AJ had 4 hits today, so I was surprised Quentin would even be in contention...

voodoochile
08-01-2009, 09:43 AM
I didn't actually make a pick for today, but on the way home I was looking at my game scorecard (which I always keep) and wondering whether Getz or Pierzynski would win. Rongey agreed with voodoo and gave it to CQ, but Getz had the biggest AB of the game in my opinion with the 2-run single in the 7th, and AJ had 4 hits today, so I was surprised Quentin would even be in contention...

I factored in the time he got robbed by Johnny "faceplant" Damon... That ball was SMOKED! TCQ also made some nice defensive plays last night including a hard running catch into the gap and making a nice play on ARods shot in the ninth to nab roid boy trying to get to second.

ode to veeck
08-01-2009, 09:54 AM
I factored in the time he got robbed by Johnny "faceplant" Damon... That ball was SMOKED! TCQ also made some nice defensive plays last night including a hard running catch into the gap and making a nice play on ARods shot in the ninth to nab roid boy trying to get to second.

That play was more fun than Nix stealing home. It takes a Tool-Rod to make the Sox D look good, but we'll take it for sure.