PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 7-31-09 "Sox do the Peavy Shuffle" Post Game Celebration

SoxGirl4Life
07-31-2009, 10:23 PM
:woot:

Shoeless_Jim
Discuss!

http://betweenthepoles.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/jake.jpg

BleacherBandit
My God, you're quick.

thomas35forever
07-31-2009, 10:24 PM
White Sox win. Theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee White Sox win.

MtGrnwdSoxFan
:soxwin:

rookie
Wonderful day to be a Sox fan!:D:

Boondock Saint
07-31-2009, 10:25 PM
My god, you're quick.

My thoughts exactly.

Offense did a great job tonight. The pitchers put together one hell of a gutsy performance. Not too much to complain about when you just took the first 2 games from the AL's best.

kaufsox
great effort by the pen tonight. 2 from the yanks? feels good, can't wait to go to the game tomorrow.

JermaineDye05
With Burnett and Sabathia pitching on Saturday and Sunday, these games were best shot the Sox had at beating the Yanks and they took care of business.

:bandance::bandance::bandance:

SoxGirl4Life
My God, you're quick.

lol..I'm a mom. I know how to do 12 things at one time. I also let the dog out, grabbed a piece of pizza and some water between the 2nd and 3rd outs!

Boondock Saint
White Sox win. Theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee White Sox win.

Well played, sir. Wish I'd thought of that.

ode to veeck
that was a fun one, nice to be home at a real ballpark again

manders_01
07-31-2009, 10:26 PM
This win gets me one step closer to eating at my favorite restaurant for lunch next Friday courtesy of my Yankees loving client. :cool:

Keep it up boys - such a kick ass game!!! :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

JB98
This was a big one to get. With Carrasco making an emergency start, the odds did not favor the Sox. But the bats broke out and won this game.

Go figure. The Sox can't beat a mediocre Twinkie team to save their lives. Then, they come home and take two straight from perhaps the best team in the American League.

Don't you love baseball?

guillensdisciple
I LOVE it when the White Sox win! Still calling the sweep of the homestand :D:. The next two games should be very exciting, but I am drooling at the imaginary sight of Peavy in a Sox uniform.

Go Sox!

spongyfungy
Did not think Sox had would have what it takes to win after giving up a 3-0 lead but I love the aggressive base running towards the end

Horrible game for Posada. 6 LOB for him as well as his poor fielding

Kotsay will get it together and will help the team down the stretch

SBSoxFan
07-31-2009, 10:27 PM
The Yankees look like the Sox when the Sox are playing in Minnesota.

:bandance:

This is a good omen, right? A lot better outcome than the last time the Sox traded for Peavy.

guillensdisciple
07-31-2009, 10:28 PM
With Burnett and Sabathia pitching on Saturday and Sunday, these games were best shot the Sox had at beating the Yanks and they took care of business.

Do we have both Mark and Danks under contract for 4 years?

SoxGirl4Life
This was a big one to get. With Carrasco making an emergency start, the odds did not favor the Sox. But the bats broke out and won this game.

Go figure. The Sox can't beat a mediocre Twinkie team to save their lives. Then, they come home and take two straight from perhaps the best team in the American League.

Don't you love baseball?

During baseball season, there is nothing else.

I was saying this at work today: The Sox play to the level of their competition.

GoGoCrede
This team is baffling. We get swept by the damn Twins, yet win against the Yankees. I'm looking forward to what else this team has in store for us this season.

SoxGirl4Life
07-31-2009, 10:29 PM
The Yankees look like the Sox when the Sox are playing in Minnesota.

This is a good omen, right? A lot better outcome than the last time the Sox traded for Peavy.

I said that yesterday during that 8th inning. The Cell looks like the House of Horrors for the Yankees. I don't feel bad about it. Not one bit.

guillensdisciple
By the way, Kotsay looks like he will be an absolute steal. He is crushing the ball, but missing the field.

Kenny Williams defines "under the radar".

oeo
Yankees = Bad News Bears. This is the best team in the AL?

all*star quentin

Don't you love baseball?

I knew the rookies would bring their "A" game against the Yankees.

LoveYourSuit
07-31-2009, 10:30 PM

Sox have a better chance vs hard throwers than soft tossers.

Danks and Buehrle are not hobos either.

I like our chances.

BleacherBandit
07-31-2009, 10:30 PM
This team is baffling. We get swept by the damn Twins, yet win against the Yankees. I'm looking forward to what else this team has in store for us this season.

We can beat (and sweep) the Twins at our ballpark. It's refreshing for the players to play in a real baseball setting.

Baron
07-31-2009, 10:31 PM
By the way, Kotsay looks like he will be an absolute steal. He is crushing the ball, but missing the field.

Kenny Williams defines "under the radar".

Kotsay has some bad luck but its only a matter of time before it starts turning in his favor.

guillensdisciple
07-31-2009, 10:32 PM
We can beat (and sweep) the Twins at our ballpark. It's refreshing for the players to play in a real baseball setting.

The Angels seem to have no trouble playing at a fake ball park.

BoysMom3
lol..I'm a mom. I know how to do 12 things at one time. I also let the dog out, grabbed a piece of pizza and some water between the 2nd and 3rd outs!

Haha, that sounds like what I did in between innings. Got more water, took out the dog, folded some laundry and stuck another load in.

What a fun and exciting game to watch!!! Ever since we caught up in the beginning, I had no fear. I'm usually never satisfied with any lead we have, but I felt like the momentum tonight was perfect. Omg, Kotsay is so due to get a hit - he's smacking the crap out of the ball. Loved TCQ's little smirk when they got that out at second at the end of the game.

oeo
Horrible game for Posada. 6 LOB for him as well as his poor fielding

Hip! Hip! ...

FielderJones
Offense did a great job tonight.

But the bats broke out and won this game.

Congratulations to Greg Walker for turning the Sox bats around. No teal.

Thatguyoverthere
Since the break, the Sox are 7-2 against the ALE and 1-6 against the Central. Perhaps we need to move to the East (perhaps we could trade with Toronto since they kick our ass). :redneck

SBSoxFan
I said that yesterday during that 8th inning. The Cell looks like the House of Horrors for the Yankees. I don't feel bad about it. Not one bit.

I don't feel bad about it either!

And don't the Yankees own the Twins in Minnesota? Funny game baseball.

Shoeless_Jim
07-31-2009, 10:33 PM
Epic Fail.

GoGoCrede
07-31-2009, 10:33 PM
I loled. I like this thread title and AD.

SoxGirl4Life
07-31-2009, 10:34 PM
I knew the rookies would bring their "A" game against the Yankees.

No kidding. I was just thinking that. Getz, Nix, Beckham, Q!

rookie
07-31-2009, 10:34 PM
Hip! Hip! ...

Hooray!

Boondock Saint
07-31-2009, 10:35 PM
Hooray!

Methinks you're missing the reference.

WhiteSox1989
07-31-2009, 10:37 PM
Nice win.

chisox616
07-31-2009, 10:40 PM
Wow embarrassing two games for the Yanks. How many pitchers have tripped in this series? Way too many for a 60+ win team.

Great, great win. A double steal? OF HOME? This season is too good.

soxnut1018
07-31-2009, 10:40 PM
Much better than the last time we traded for Peavy! :bliss:
kM7C_yNlCLU

Tragg
07-31-2009, 10:42 PM
Still would be good to tighten up the D....I'm not sure that the Yankees score any runs in the first inning, with some good D out there.

thedudeabides
07-31-2009, 10:43 PM
Great win. Great to see TCQ stinging the ball, and Kotsay will catch a break soon.

Great day overall for the Sox. :bandance:

Woofer
07-31-2009, 10:45 PM
This was a gutsy game by the pitching tonight. It was too bad that Carrasco had to go on short notice, he kept us in the game, and the offense came through. Lets sweep these guys.

DirtySox
Tonight's gamethread was rather pleasant.

We need to get a Peavy everyday.

JB98
Still would be good to tighten up the D....I'm not sure that the Yankees score any runs in the first inning, with some good D out there.

I don't think that will happen this season, though. The Sox will have to outhit their defensive mistakes. Carrasco obviously had a brain fart out there on the grounder by Jeter. And we just have to live with Pods' shakiness in the outfield, because he has fixed the black hole that was the leadoff spot.

Crede24Thome25
07-31-2009, 10:49 PM
First time we traded for Peavy it was the worst day to be a Sox fan. Second time we trade for Peavy it's the best day for a Sox fan. On that note who would have thought we could play the Yankees the way were playing them now? Finally we have a team that can steal bases, make other teams pay when they make fielding errors. This has to be the best Sox team I've seen since I became a Sox fan. Put this date on the boooooaaaard hell yess.:D:
I'm so dam excited.

WhiteSox1989
07-31-2009, 10:52 PM
I was laughing when Nix stole home, I couldn't even believe it.

hawkjt
07-31-2009, 10:52 PM
Getz's hit did not happen the last week or so. Clutch hitting disapearred...it is good to see it back again.

Now, Burnett and CC are the true test if we are back in the flow.
Bullpen was good tonite.
We need Danks to go 7 tomorrow.
MB on sunday also.
then a day off to rest and get ready for the Angels.

Always wonderful to beat the Yanks.

thomas35forever
07-31-2009, 10:53 PM
First time we traded for Peavy it was the worst day to be a Sox fan. Second time we trade for Peavy it's the best day for a Sox fan. On that note who would have thought we could play the Yankees the way were playing them now? Finally we have a team that can steal bases, make other teams pay when they make fielding errors. This has to be the best Sox team I've seen since I became a Sox fan. Put this date on the boooooaaaard hell yess.:D:
I'm so dam excited.
*ahem*
http://mlb.mlb.com/images/2005/10/27/OpYU8exz.jpg

DirtySox
07-31-2009, 10:54 PM
Getz's hit did not happen the last week or so. Clutch hitting disapearred...it is good to see it back again.

Now, Burnett and CC are the true test if we are back in the flow.
Bullpen was good tonite.
We need Danks to go 7 tomorrow.
MB on sunday also.
then a day off to rest and get ready for the Angels.

Always wonderful to beat the Yanks.

Yep. If we take one of the next two, I will be content.

Baron
07-31-2009, 10:59 PM
Mark on sunday against CC....nice

stacksedwards
07-31-2009, 11:00 PM
This 18 game stretch of death is very salvageable still.
3-1 against Tampa
1-3 Detroit
0-3 Minny
2-0 NY
6-7
If we take one of these next two and two of three from the Angles we come out at .500 and are probably a game to two games out. All things considered I'd say you couldnt ask for anything better

ode to veeck
07-31-2009, 11:03 PM
over the many, many years of being a Sox fan, there is almost nothing like beating the Yankees

HomeFish
07-31-2009, 11:05 PM
over the many, many years of being a Sox fan, there is almost nothing like beating the Yankees

This is one of those generation gap things. I can understand how people who grew up in the 50's or 60's hate the Yankees. Then for people my age, the big villains are Minnesota and Cleveland.

central44
Its a really exciting time to be a Sox fan. After watching the Sox destroy the Rays this year, and now take a 2-0 lead over the Yankees--and then factor in the whole Peavy factor, who knows what this team is capable of?

HomeFish
Its a really exciting time to be a Sox fan. After watching the Sox destroy the Rays this year, and now take a 2-0 lead over the Yankees--and then factor in the whole Peavy factor, who knows what this team is capable of?

Not first place, apparently.

WhiteSox1989
07-31-2009, 11:07 PM
I love staying positive!

hoping I get to see another White Sox winner at the ballpark tomorrow.

Whitesoxfan23
07-31-2009, 11:08 PM

There is still quite a bit of baseball to be played. It's not over yet.

ode to veeck
07-31-2009, 11:15 PM
This is one of those generation gap things. I can understand how people who grew up in the 50's or 60's hate the Yankees. Then for people my age, the big villains are Minnesota and Cleveland.

This is true (the generational thing on the Yankees). I can remember standing in line in the spring just to be able to get a ticket for any Yankee games at Comiskey, but then again the Yankees have continued to have one of the better teams in AL year in year out, so even though the Indians and then in recent Years the Twins have really been the divisional arch rivals, the Yankees and more recently the Red Sox continue to be some of the best and toughest rivals in the league, especially with all their cheaters and payrolls. Like back in 2000, you really felt the Sox were for real when early in the season they went out east and convincinlgy beat up a tough Yankees team (before the Sox larbums started falling off the Sox pitchers late that year).

thedudeabides
07-31-2009, 11:17 PM

Try all you want, you are not bringing Sox fans down today.

Frankfan4life
07-31-2009, 11:19 PM
What a difference a few days make. As miserable as I was on Wednesday, I'm just as happy today! :D:

Thank goodness the Sox have finally found their long lost offense! I hope they stay in a groove for a long, long time.

Whitesoxfan23
07-31-2009, 11:19 PM
I would of course prefer a sweep, but I will not complain whatsoever, if we can just take 3 out of 4. Cmon Sox. Make it happen. What a great day this was Sox fans!

soltrain21
07-31-2009, 11:20 PM

I'm 24 and hate the Yankees.

soxnut1018
07-31-2009, 11:22 PM
Kittens and Perpetual Losers LOSE!!!:bandance::bandance::bandance:

beasly213
07-31-2009, 11:22 PM
Nice win, and one thing I noticed today is how much speed the Sox have at the bottom and top of their lineup.

Nix, Getz, Pods, Beckham all nice to have on the bases and fun to watch. Great game to be at. GO WHITE SOX! :D:

beasly213
07-31-2009, 11:23 PM
kittens and perpetual losers lose!!!:bandance::bandance::bandance:

yes! Hell yes!

Zakath
07-31-2009, 11:23 PM

I'd put winning a World Series and beating the Twins in game 163 above it.

GoGoCrede
07-31-2009, 11:24 PM
Kittens and Perpetual Losers LOSE!!!:bandance::bandance::bandance:

Music to my ears.

My God, the Yankees defense has been such fail this series (with the exception of Damon's catch).

Sabathia vs Buehrle. There's a throwdown for the ages.

My favorite non-baseball part of the game was that douche trying to steal Tex's bat from the woman.

chisoxfanatic
07-31-2009, 11:24 PM
Woo hoo! I finally have gotten my attendance record back to .500!

That was quite a fun one to be at. I knew we'd hit Mitre hard, but I didn't think Carrasco would settle down a little after giving up the 3 runs in the first frame.

That was a commendable job by Dotel, and once again "outstanding" awareness in the field by the Yankees! That 7th inning rocked!

Scotty Pods, Bacon...I love you both!

I must say that there were not many Yankee fans there compared to previous years. I'd say I saw no more than half the number I usually saw! And then, a bunch of them left for the exits before the game ended, and there were a bunch of Sox fans giving it to them. :D:

Zakath
07-31-2009, 11:25 PM
If we could only play the Central like we do the East...

Sox - 12-11 vs. AL East, 23-25 vs. AL Central
Det - 4-13 vs. AL East, 22-16 vs. AL Central
Min - 6-19 vs. AL East, 20-12 vs. AL Central

hi im skot
07-31-2009, 11:25 PM

I've got a couple years on you and share your hatred.

chisoxfanatic
07-31-2009, 11:34 PM
An added bonus of being at the game tonight...I pissed off a Cubs fan, and he ended up leaving early, because everyone in the area was giving it to him.

I brought my WSI "Sox Win, Cubs Lose...A Perfect Day" canvas bag, and he took exception to it and had a few words for me, so I gave it back to him, and had the backing of several other Sox fans around me. :D:

Whitesoxfan23
07-31-2009, 11:35 PM
I've got a couple years on you and share your hatred.

Not a Yankee fan, but I hate the Red Sox much much much more.

GoGoCrede
07-31-2009, 11:36 PM
Not a Yankee fan, but I hate the Red Sox much much much more.

Eh, screw 'em both.

Viva Medias B's
07-31-2009, 11:39 PM
It seems to be a rare occurrence these days, but tonight was a perfect night:

We won
Detroit lost
Minnesota lost
And not to promote flubsession, of course, but I am sure none of us will lose sleep over:

Cardinals won
Cubs lost

hi im skot
07-31-2009, 11:45 PM
Eh, screw 'em both.

Now we're talking!

asindc
07-31-2009, 11:50 PM
not a yankee fan, but i hate the red sox much much much more.

+1

Tragg
07-31-2009, 11:56 PM
I don't think that will happen this season, though. The Sox will have to outhit their defensive mistakes. Carrasco obviously had a brain fart out there on the grounder by Jeter. And we just have to live with Pods' shakiness in the outfield, because he has fixed the black hole that was the leadoff spot.
I know.
They will have to decide if Alexei is a ML shortstop or whether they should try your theory (winter ball?); and where Beckham belongs in the field.
I think Getz will hit - some additional range would be nice though.

voodoochile
07-31-2009, 11:57 PM
What a funny game...

Sox with their b lineup finally figure out how to score some runs. Break it open when the first two men of an inning reach base and then have the next two absolutely crush pitches only to have them go for outs. Next guy takes some good rips but falls behind 1-2 only to work for a walk and then comes a funky little dying quail of a linedrive that breaks the game open.

Nice to see the bullpen performing. Amazing how solid it can be when it hasn't been worked to death.

With Pena looking solid and possibly Williams adding a solid lefty arm, all of a sudden there aren't a lot of weak spots on this team.

If TCQ can continue to perform at a high level, it's look out above because the Sox are coming tra la tra la...

:soxwin:

:)

Brian26
08-01-2009, 12:00 AM
There's something about Nix at SS that is interesting...even after Alexei comes back.

BoysMom3
08-01-2009, 12:10 AM
Music to my ears.

My God, the Yankees defense has been such fail this series (with the exception of Damon's catch).

Sabathia vs Buehrle. There's a throwdown for the ages.

My favorite non-baseball part of the game was that douche trying to steal Tex's bat from the woman.

Omg, no kidding, right? That bat fell right in that woman's lap, and he has the nerve to come running down five rows, grab onto the bat, and try to heave it away from her?!! Boooooo!!!! Loser!!! I feel like once someone has the ball or whatever in their hands, you don't put your hands on it and try to grab it away. I liked how the other guy was starting to push the loser away, so he finally gave up.

NDSox12
08-01-2009, 12:20 AM
After a rough week, I needed a day like today. Peavy to the Sox, Sox win, Tigers lose, Twins lose!

esbrechtel
08-01-2009, 12:21 AM
After a rough week, I needed a day like today. Peavy to the Sox, Sox win, Tigers lose, Twins lose!

:thumbsup:

TDog
08-01-2009, 01:13 AM
On a night when Beckham goes hitless, when Ramirez and Dye are out of the lineup, the White Sox score 10 runs -- half of them with two outs.

Baserunning was aggressive even in the early innings. The runs in the seventh probably felt superfluous in the garbage-time sense to some, but the bullpen needed the break from the pressure of tight games.

This was entirely a bullpen game. Carrasco was something of a default starter -- a reliever who could probably pitch longer than the other relievers. And when he gave up runs, the Sox came right back and scored runs of their own.

And suddenly after celebrating the overtaking of the White Sox, the Twins are behind the Sox again. I wonder how many people saw that coming with Carrasco starting against the Yankees tonight. And the Sox are closing in on the Tigers as well.

I said it while people were talking about the season being over in April and May, I said said it when Mark Buehrle pitched his perfect game, and I said it after the Sox were swept by the Twins. This is a pretty good White Sox team. I think a lot of the fans who post here fail to understand what a big deal that is.

Win or lose Saturday, at least those inane trade suggestion threads are gone at least until after the World Series.

JB98
08-01-2009, 01:15 AM
I know.
They will have to decide if Alexei is a ML shortstop or whether they should try your theory (winter ball?); and where Beckham belongs in the field.
I think Getz will hit - some additional range would be nice though.

Nothing I've read suggests they are even considering my theory. Obviously, the main focus is trying to pull out a division title this season, but thinking long-term, they have two options:

1) Leave the infield as is, and acquire a CF this offseason
2) Try Ramirez in CF, move Beckham to SS and find a new 3B

I think the Sox believe in Ramirez as a SS. He drives me insane with his mental lapses, but perhaps Guillen and Cora believe they can smooth out his erratic play.

october23sp
08-01-2009, 01:16 AM
About 5 minutes after I posted about the season being over, Peavy is traded to Sox. Then a little later the Sox beat the best team in the AL with someone being thrown into start. Alright, Now we got some life, back in 2nd and looking for first.

Jake Peavy: Welcome.

Jurr
08-01-2009, 05:30 AM
There's something about Nix at SS that is interesting...even after Alexei comes back.

I was thinking the exact same thing last night. That was BY FAR the most entertaining game I have seen this year. The action in the basepaths was incredible. We saw double steals, guys taking extra bases, and much more. I think Nix needs more PT. The threesome of Getz, Nix, and Beckham is very refreshing to me after years of veterans. These guys have a ton of energy, and good things seem to happen when all three are out there.

hawkjt
08-01-2009, 07:41 AM
Nothing I've read suggests they are even considering my theory. Obviously, the main focus is trying to pull out a division title this season, but thinking long-term, they have two options:

I think the Sox believe in Ramirez as a SS. He drives me insane with his mental lapses, but perhaps Guillen and Cora believe they can smooth out his erratic play.

Ozzie reiterated yesterday that Gordon is staying put at 3rd for years to come...I believe him.
Getz,Alexei and Beckham will be the Sox infield going forward. Nix is a perfect utility guy. He is fine filling in at all three positions altho last nite his gaffe showed that Alexei is the SS of the future. I like those 4 right now as our infield of the future.

I think Pods showed the value of a day off...he came back swinging crisper than in the last ten days. Maybe JD will get a boost from his day off also.
Kotsay needs to catch a break, he is hitting the heck outta the ball..but I like his mobility in right field...makes JD look a bit slow.
If Kotsay hits decently,he will get time. If Kotsay hits,Carlos hits,Pods hits,and JD hits....oh yea, this could be an interesting two months.:D:

Frater Perdurabo
08-01-2009, 08:15 AM

Chone Figgins is the answer to #1 or #2, and the leadoff spot. I prefer #1 though, with Figgins in CF. Then I put Pods at #2 as he can take pitches and bunt for hits:

Figgins, Pods, Beckham, Dye, TCQ, PK, AJ, Alexei, Getz/Nix

Pods, Dye, Quentin and Paulie all share DH duties. This lineup steals 130+ bases and still hits 170+ HRs, plus what you get from the bench.

ode to veeck
08-01-2009, 08:39 AM
About 5 minutes after I posted about the season being over, <...>

mistake number one, even without the trade

ode to veeck
08-01-2009, 08:41 AM
Chone Figgins is the answer to #1 or #2, and the leadoff spot. I prefer #1 though, with Figgins in CF. Then I put Pods at #2 as he can take pitches and bunt for hits:

Pods, Dye, Quentin and Paulie all share DH duties. This lineup steals 130+ bases and still hits 170+ HRs, plus what you get from the bench.

who knows, it may look good enough that Burly Mon will sign up for an additional Sox tour

ode to veeck
08-01-2009, 08:42 AM

that's the spirit!

ode to veeck
08-01-2009, 08:44 AM
I'd put winning a World Series and beating the Twins in game 163 above it.

that'll work for sure, ... of course we could always take them out in the DLCS or ALCS again too (besides we already knocked a talented cheating BoSox team outa the playoffs a couple years back)

ode to veeck
08-01-2009, 08:49 AM
If we could only play the Central like we do the East...

Sox - 12-11 vs. AL East, 23-25 vs. AL Central
Det - 4-13 vs. AL East, 22-16 vs. AL Central
Min - 6-19 vs. AL East, 20-12 vs. AL Central

If we win the central by beating the east, then it will become moot in the playoffs

These number also show the weakness in our competition here in the central. Even when the Sox were really struggling before early June, it was clear the Central crown was there for whoever wanted it. Who cares if we got swept in the Stupid Dome? If we finish this brutal set of series in good shape and keep playing well, we're as well positioned as anyone in the central to take it.

ode to veeck
08-01-2009, 08:52 AM

Bite your tongue, hard, then swizzle with peroxide so you remember the pain.

hawkjt
08-01-2009, 09:14 AM
If we win the central by beating the east, then it will become moot in the playoffs

These number also show the weakness in our competition here in the central. Even when the Sox were really struggling before early June, it was clear the Central crown was there for whoever wanted it. Who cares if we got swept in the Stupid Dome? If we finish this brutal set of series in good shape and keep playing well, we're as well positioned as anyone in the central to take it.

tigers extended their bullpen to the max last nite with Edwin Jackson having a bad start and going to the 13th inning...and now they have 16 straight games with no zumaya in the bullpen. They go to Boston in that stretch...and their hitting has been even worse than the sox....game on,gang...the Sox can be right there the rest of the way.

kevingrt
08-01-2009, 09:16 AM
What a job by our bullpen last night. That was incredible. Now we need 7+ from Danks this afternoon and I have no doubts he can do it.

DickAllen72
08-01-2009, 09:45 AM
Ozzie reiterated yesterday that Gordon is staying put at 3rd for years to come...I believe him.
He really said that? Wow. That's kind of surprising/disturbing. I always figured him to be a second-baseman long term. Oh well, they know more about it than we do.

MarySwiss
08-01-2009, 11:44 AM
This is true (the generational thing on the Yankees). I can remember standing in line in the spring just to be able to get a ticket for any Yankee games at Comiskey, but then again the Yankees have continued to have one of the better teams in AL year in year out, so even though the Indians and then in recent Years the Twins have really been the divisional arch rivals, the Yankees and more recently the Red Sox continue to be some of the best and toughest rivals in the league, especially with all their cheaters and payrolls. Like back in 2000, you really felt the Sox were for real when early in the season they went out east and convincinlgy beat up a tough Yankees team (before the Sox larbums started falling off the Sox pitchers late that year).

Ode, I agree it's generational to some extent (although these days, I hate the Twins much more intensely). There were all those years of Yankee domination, plus the whole insufferable feeling of entitlement their fans seem to project, as if they believe their team is "supposed" to win all the time, like it's some kind of destiny. And then there's ESPN.

So I love seeing theeeeeee Yankees lose to the Sox. And I was ecstatic when the D'Backs took them down in '01. Especially since I was hosting a get-together and had some Yankee fans over. :D:

In fact , if it comes down to a Sox-Yanks ALCS, I plan to invite them again. (Yes, we're still friends!) :cool:

Frater Perdurabo
08-01-2009, 11:45 AM
:tomatoaward:

Glad to plant a tomato in this thread!

#1swisher
08-01-2009, 11:52 AM
Getz,Alexei and Beckham will be the Sox infield going forward. Nix is a perfect utility guy. He is fine filling in at all three positions altho last nite his gaffe showed that Alexei is the SS of the future. I like those 4 right now as our infield of the future.

I think Pods showed the value of a day off...he came back swinging crisper than in the last ten days. Maybe JD will get a boost from his day off also.
Kotsay needs to catch a break, he is hitting the heck outta the ball..but I like his mobility in right field...makes JD look a bit slow.
If Kotsay hits decently,he will get time. If Kotsay hits,Carlos hits,Pods hits,and JD hits....oh yea, this could be an interesting two months.:D:

Ozzie says alot of things. He's emotional, not stubborn. I admire his ability to adapt and make the necessary changes.

hawkjt
08-01-2009, 12:25 PM
I just do not see Ozzie moving Alexei out of SS and unlikely to move Beckham to second...unless we sign a great 3rd baseman.:D:

guillensdisciple
08-01-2009, 12:49 PM
Does Alexei go back to the 8 hole when he comes back? I like the line-up as is, and believe that Alexei is going through his Sophomore slump at the moment. However, he can still contribute extremely well to this teams chances and will be dangerous to any opposing team in the 8 or 7 hole.

voodoochile
08-01-2009, 12:59 PM
Does Alexei go back to the 8 hole when he comes back? I like the line-up as is, and believe that Alexei is going through his Sophomore slump at the moment. However, he can still contribute extremely well to this teams chances and will be dangerous to any opposing team in the 8 or 7 hole.

Oh that would suck. TCM forced to bat 8th. I bet there are a lot of teams that would love to have that problem...

A. Cavatica
08-01-2009, 01:11 PM
Ozzie says alot of things. He's emotional, not stubborn. I admire his ability to adapt and make the necessary changes.

LOL. He's nothing if not stubborn. Remember when he kept trotting Mack out to CF?

chisoxfanatic
08-01-2009, 01:45 PM
He really said that? Wow. That's kind of surprising/disturbing. I always figured him to be a second-baseman long term. Oh well, they know more about it than we do.
Maybe the Sox have long-term plans with Getz?

WhiteSoxOnly
08-01-2009, 01:57 PM

Frater,you are my idol today...i'd probably bump Alexei in front of
AJ with this group to get some speed in there behind Paulie so then
Pierzynski wouldn't be able to GIDP on the first pitch as much,but
other than that,you nailed it.

ode to veeck
08-01-2009, 03:32 PM
LOL. He's nothing if not stubborn. Remember when he kept trotting Mack out to CF?

Where do you think all the FOBAs came from

slavko
08-01-2009, 04:42 PM
Just for the record: Did you think Scotty Dangerous failing to catch Texeira's flyball in the first inning cost us 2 runs or 3 runs? Does he can't play center field better than he can't play left field?