PDA

View Full Version : Cubs and Luna Carpet Commercial

JC456
07-31-2009, 01:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQrzO2Z6fs0

If you want the discount they mention on the commercial you have to ask for the Cub deal. So I called and asked if they offer the same deal for the Sox.

Nope!

So a local company that chooses to be biased.

Sorry, but this kind of thing really bugs me. But hey, I thought I'd share.

Steelrod
07-31-2009, 01:50 PM
Don't be.
Typically, the charge 2-3 times retail to begin with. Same with Empire, splitting excess profit with saleman.
White Sox are better off not being mentioned in the same breath.

1908<2005
07-31-2009, 01:51 PM

Or it could be because they are paying a s***load of money to be the Cubs sponsor. :scratch:

Dibbs
07-31-2009, 01:55 PM
Note to self: Never buy from Walter E. Smith and now Luna carpet.

JC456
07-31-2009, 02:09 PM

It's just that I can't believe a local distributor would target an audience to offend. That's all.

And Walter E. Smith is right there with Luna. They must be doing very well to say to a probable customer base, we don't need your money.

Last year I had it out with myown local Jewel and Dominics. No White Sox apparel out in the aisles like they had Cubs. When I questioned them and then threatened to take my business somewhere else, the White Sox apparel was right there with the Cubs later that day.

I'm beginning to think Sox fans are too quiet. We need to start making noise on businesses who choose to snub their business at us.

thomas35forever
07-31-2009, 02:21 PM
Don't forget Danley's Garage World is also a Cubs sponsor.

Woofer
07-31-2009, 02:23 PM
It's just that I can't believe a local distributor would target an audience to offend. That's all.

And Walter E. Smith is right there with Luna. They must be doing very well to say to a probable customer base, we don't need your money.

Last year I had it out with myown local Jewel and Dominics. No White Sox apparel out in the aisles like they had Cubs. When I questioned them and then threatened to take my business somewhere else, the White Sox apparel was right there with the Cubs later that day.

I'm beginning to think Sox fans are too quiet. We need to start making noise on businesses who choose to snub their business at us.

I know that I am way off topic on this, I had a similar incident a few years at the Joliet racetrack. All the different sponsors had mechandise for sale, others were giving out freebee stuff. The Chicago Tribune was giving out different Chicago sport team posters. They had the Bears, Bulls, and of course, the Cubs. I made it a point to get into a confrontation with the guy, so I asked him where the White Sox posters were. He said, we don't own the Sox. So of course I asked him if the Tribune owns the Bulls and Bears. He said that I wasn't the first to ask him about Sox posters. I wouldn't expect anything else from the Tribune, but I wanted even this lowly subscription guy to know that at least 1 Sox fan was on to the way the Sox get treated in this town.

hi im skot
07-31-2009, 02:30 PM
Don't people have real problems?

JC456
07-31-2009, 02:44 PM
Don't people have real problems?
I spend quite a lot of money to the White Sox per year. I want to have an equal chance that my money makes a difference.

I work hard for that money. So it is a real problem even though you smart assly don't think it is.

eriqjaffe
07-31-2009, 02:47 PM
This is a crime of a similiar magnitute to The Great "Trader Joe's Bag" Disaster.

hi im skot
07-31-2009, 02:49 PM
I spend quite a lot of money to the White Sox per year. I want to have an equal chance that my money makes a difference.

I work hard for that money. So it is a real problem even though you smart assly don't think it is.

I really wish I could figure out what this is supposed to mean.

And hey, do with your money what you wish. I have a hard time getting bent out of shape because my favorite restaurant isn't a White Sox sponsor.

:shrug:

Boondock Saint
07-31-2009, 02:54 PM
Someone call the newspapers, this has got to be the first time ever that a company has sponsored a sports team!!!

Domeshot17
07-31-2009, 02:58 PM
It is because of sponsorship as said.

Do Cub fans complain that they cant get free coffee from Dunkin Donuts if the Cubs score in the fourth?

Steelrod
07-31-2009, 03:00 PM

Do Cub fans complain that they cant get free coffee from Dunkin Donuts if the Cubs score in the fourth?
Dunkin Donuts. Cubs fans don't frequent.
Starbucks if a different story!

Boondock Saint
07-31-2009, 03:02 PM

I like Starbucks. :shrug:

Foulke You
07-31-2009, 03:13 PM

Actually, I think Dunkin Donuts does do a similar Cubs promotion too. :tongue:

JC456
07-31-2009, 03:27 PM
I really wish I could figure out what this is supposed to mean.

And hey, do with your money what you wish. I have a hard time getting bent out of shape because my favorite restaurant isn't a White Sox sponsor.

:shrug:
Thanks for the permission and you do what you need to do with what ever it is that rocks your socks.

sorry it offends you so!

Boondock Saint
07-31-2009, 03:30 PM
Thanks for the permission and you do what you need to do with what ever it is that rocks your socks.

sorry it offends you so!

I don't speak for Skot, but dude, you're the one that went on a public message board crying foul about a sponsorship deal. Are you surprised that there's people out there with a differing opinion?

hi im skot
07-31-2009, 03:52 PM

sorry it offends you so!

Um, okay.

I don't speak for Skot, but dude, you're the one that went on a public message board crying foul about a sponsorship deal. Are you surprised that there's people out there with a differing opinion?

Well, yeah, this pretty much covers it. :thumbsup:

As you said, JC, do whatever works for you and I'll do what works for me. Life is difficult enough; I won't let sponsorships related to my favorite baseball team bend me out of shape.

kittle42
07-31-2009, 04:03 PM

Stupid stereotype.

And since when is Starbucks, which exists ****ing everywhere now, some sort of "yuppie" thing? I think that stopped like 5+ years ago.

GoGoCrede
07-31-2009, 04:05 PM
Call me a disloyal fan. But if getting something cheaper means I have to say the word "Cubs," I'd do it. Times are tough. :D:

1908<2005
07-31-2009, 06:04 PM
Call me a disloyal fan. But if getting something cheaper means I have to say the word "Cubs," I'd do it. Times are tough. :D:

You devil

rdwj
07-31-2009, 06:16 PM

Me too, of course I'd say I want the Cub deal even though I can't stand the team

Boondock Saint
07-31-2009, 06:41 PM
Me too, of course I'd say I want the Cub deal even though I can't stand the team

Just make sure you clarify, otherwise you might end up paying Milton Bradley $30m.

*rimshot*

*sigh*

WhiteSox1989
07-31-2009, 07:09 PM
While it's not a good business tactic (only because there ARE people who take this very seriously), this just doesn't offend me.

The Critic
07-31-2009, 08:12 PM
I don't shop at Cub Foods and when I go to the zoo I stay away from the bear exhibit because I KNOW THEY HAVE CUBS THERE!!!

DrCrawdad
08-01-2009, 12:35 AM

I don't know, but they were complaining when WGN SportsCentral had Buehrle's perfect game the center of discussion.

MarkZ35
08-01-2009, 03:34 PM
I like Starbucks. :shrug:
Starbucks is very good but I'd rather fill my gas tank for the same price.

TheCommander
08-01-2009, 04:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQrzO2Z6fs0

If you want the discount they mention on the commercial you have to ask for the Cub deal. So I called and asked if they offer the same deal for the Sox.

Nope!

Sorry, but this kind of thing really bugs me. But hey, I thought I'd share.

Since it is the alleged bias that bothers you, I am assuming you would raise hell if the Cubs were "snubbed" in a similar promotion. While you are at it, I guess you need to bitch to Luna for not offering a Bulls, Bears, Blackhawks, Fire, Wolves, etc deal right now. The nerve! :rolleyes:

Rohan
08-01-2009, 06:16 PM
Business is business. I don't know what the big deal is here..

russ99
08-01-2009, 07:48 PM
The only one that really bugs me is that I got a mailing from my bank to spout that they were "Ryno's Bank".

But that irritates me much more since I think Sandberg was the most overrated player of his generation by a wide margin than It bothering me due to Cubs sponsorship.

1908<2005
08-02-2009, 12:12 AM
Business is business. I don't know what the big deal is here..

A business is trying to advertise to a large portion of Chicago. What a crime.

WSox597
08-02-2009, 08:43 AM
i don't shop at cub foods and when i go to the zoo i stay away from the bear exhibit because i know they have cubs there!!!

:d:

Yeah!!

eriqjaffe
08-03-2009, 09:50 AM
The only Cub-related sponsorship that used to drive me nuts was back in 2004 (maybe it was 2005) when ESPN 1000 used to run those commercials with Ron Santo for Blue Cross/Blue Shield. It seemed like they ran that about a dozen times a game, too.