PDA

View Full Version : Blackout Game Catch edited from pre-game montage

Chez
07-31-2009, 09:58 AM
I don't want this thread to devolve into an Anderson v. Wise debate (chapter 6035), but I noticed last night that the Sox have vaporized Brian's game-ending catch from the pre-game video and audio montage. It appears that Buehrle's perfecto was substituted in. Don't get me wrong, Buehrle's perfect game was terrific, but Anderson's catch in Game 163 (the single most exciting sporting event I've ever attended) should not have been the clip to be edited out. Regardless of what you think of Anderson, I think we can all agree that his catch to end that game was one of the highlights of recent Sox history. Disappointed to see it go.

downstairs
07-31-2009, 10:03 AM
Anderson who?

kevingrt
07-31-2009, 10:22 AM
I don't want this thread to devolve into an Anderson v. Wise debate (chapter 6035), but I noticed last night that the Sox have vaporized Brian's game-ending catch from the pre-game video and audio montage. It appears that Buehrle's perfecto was substituted in. Don't get me wrong, Buehrle's perfect game was terrific, but Anderson's catch in Game 163 (the single most exciting sporting event I've ever attended) should not have been the clip to be edited out. Regardless of what you think of Anderson, I think we can all agree that his catch to end that game was one of the highlights of recent Sox history. Disappointed to see it go.

Yeah I agree. It's not like it was that ugly of a divorce either. That was such a huge play in one of the more exciting White Sox seasons in recent history. They should definitely have kept it in. Maybe if we yell loud enough someone will hear and change it up.

Cat Thief
07-31-2009, 10:24 AM
(the single most exciting sporting event I've ever attended)

Agreed. It needs to be put back in.

slavko
07-31-2009, 10:31 AM
Whatsisname is now officially an unperson. It's Russia in the Stalin era all over again.

downstairs
07-31-2009, 10:36 AM
Whatsisname is now officially an unperson. It's Russia in the Stalin era all over again.

Heh. Well, I was speaking tounge-in-cheek. But wow- some people are really taking our previous 5th outfielder very seriously.

I haven't seen all the variations of the montage- but I assume they wanted to remove something from recent times, otherwise with every new event, the montage loses more and more historic plays.

twentywontowin
07-31-2009, 10:39 AM
Considering that play was more important than half of the other ones in the video, I don't understand how it could be removed. What a joke, and I don't even like Brian Anderson.

Harry Potter
07-31-2009, 10:47 AM
Somebody e-mail Brooks

SephClone89
07-31-2009, 11:03 AM
Considering that play was more important than half of the other ones in the video, I don't understand how it could be removed. What a joke, and I don't even like Brian Anderson.

What he said.

chisox12
07-31-2009, 11:04 AM
Pretty surprising that they would choose to remove that clip. There are plenty of others that could have been removed.

soxfanreggie
07-31-2009, 11:20 AM
I think it should have been left in, regardless if he iswith the team or not.

BleacherBandit
07-31-2009, 11:23 AM
You can't forget your history. And you probably shouldn't want to forget your good history.

rookie
07-31-2009, 11:28 AM
Is that the only moment from the blackout game on the montage? I'm sure they wanted to figure out how to get perfect game in there, and that's what got cut quickly.

I'm sure a lot of people feel the same about Buerhle's perfect game that you feel about Game 163. This is from a person who went to Game 163 and didn't go to any 2005 playoff games. I was at first Buerhle's no hitter, and though I know Game 163 was more meaningful to the team, being at the no-hitter meant a lot to me. Special games are special games to those who attend them.

hi im skot
07-31-2009, 11:33 AM
Jusr to clarify, there are still shots that they show at the very beginning of the montage, and they're all from the blackout game: Thome's home run, Danks on the mound, and Anderson's catch. I'm assuming that they removed the still of Anderson and replaced it with Buehrle's perfect game.

I'm sure that Anderson's catch will eventually be added as an actual video clip, but for the still shots, I'm guessing they just want to include current players.

C-Dawg
07-31-2009, 11:38 AM
Maybe its like in George Orwell's "1984".... Remove the footage, and it never happened.

Seriously, though, as much as I'd prefer it remained, its not the first time they've done this mid-season. In 2005, Shingo Takatso was "edited" out of the video following his release mid-season.

russ99
07-31-2009, 11:59 AM
Yeah I agree. It's not like it was that ugly of a divorce either. That was such a huge play in one of the more exciting White Sox seasons in recent history. They should definitely have kept it in. Maybe if we yell loud enough someone will hear and change it up.

Honestly, it's one out. Big deal.

I'd rather see Thome's homer from that game anyway.

chisoxfanatic
07-31-2009, 12:01 PM
So, does this mean that they no longer have Farmer saying "And the White Sox are the 2008 Central Division Champions!" anymore before they cue up Thunderstruck? If so, that's pretty lame.

Woofer
07-31-2009, 12:04 PM
I don't care who caught that ball, it was one of the most important games in White Sox history. That exciting catch got us into the playoffs last year. It should stay in the video. I'm fine with cutting out Ozzie and Joey Cora riding piggyback on each other in order to keep the videos running length correct.:tongue:

Cat Thief
07-31-2009, 12:25 PM
Honestly, it's one out. Big deal.

I'd rather see Thome's homer from that game anyway.

You must have not been there.

soxfanreggie
07-31-2009, 12:45 PM
Couldn't you say the same thing about Wise's catch...just one out?

C'mon, both catches were spectacular and will go down in White Sox lore!

hawkjt
07-31-2009, 12:53 PM
It should still be featured...not like the Sox have had too many spectacular plays to find a way to wedge that one back in..

It is like the old Soviet Union...leaders did not fall out of favor, they just got ''sick'' and went away..

rookie
07-31-2009, 01:09 PM
You must have not been there.

I was there. I like the homer. Either or works just fine.

Warriorjan
07-31-2009, 01:11 PM
The catch was the topper to a great, electrifying game. It should be in there.

TomBradley72
07-31-2009, 02:02 PM
Wow. We now have a Brian Anderson/montage thread.

:?:

kittle42
07-31-2009, 02:05 PM
:threadsucks

Really. A lot.

thomas35forever
07-31-2009, 02:09 PM
Too bad if this is true, but I haven't made it to our ballpark yet this year, so I won't feel any loss.