PDA

View Full Version : Pointless Speculation - Zach Duke -

Domeshot17
07-31-2009, 12:53 AM
This has been by far the most quiet, dead trade deadline ever, so I am just throwing up a playstation trade idea since we havent had many.

If I was Kenny, I would make a run at Duke. He held his own vs the AL Central in interleague, pitched GREAT against the AL. I think he would pitch well for the Sox, would give us stability in the 5th slot, and I think Coop could take him to the next level.

I have no idea what his price would be, but I would imagine he would cost less than the Peavy package. I wonder if a Richard-Fields-Torres-B Spec package would get it done.

thomas35forever
07-31-2009, 01:10 AM
I actually agree with you. I've thought about Duke in a Sox uniform. However, I'd be concerned with our slumping offense at this point.

DrCrawdad
07-31-2009, 07:20 AM
http://l.yimg.com/a/i/us/sp/v/mlb/players_l/20080319/7678.jpg
"Now I have to wear lousy Cubbie
jersey!"

soxfanreggie
07-31-2009, 08:57 AM
Right now with the Pirates, it might be easy to get players from them. However, they have already gotten rid of so many guys, there probably isn't much left.

Lip Man 1
07-31-2009, 11:21 AM
Remember there is some talk that the Pirates GM won't deal with teams in the AL Central because he doesn't want to make Shapiro look bad.

Lip

BleacherBandit
07-31-2009, 11:30 AM
Remember there is some talk that the Pirates GM won't deal with teams in the AL Central because he doesn't want to make Shapiro look bad.

Lip

Shapiro already looks ****ing terrible.

thedudeabides
07-31-2009, 11:36 AM

Lip

Which came from Dave Kaplan and is a very ridiculous statement. If true, which I can't possible imagine, he should be fired. They are not even in the same league, let alone division.

It really was one of the stupider things I've heard on tv or radio in a long time. Saying the GM was willing to trade McClouth to a national league team, but not the White Sox becasue he has loyalty to Shapiro.

soxfanreggie
07-31-2009, 11:48 AM
The Indians are so far out of it that the least of their worries are the other teams. Unless he is fixing that Shapiro will give him a job if he gets fired, he should be willing to deal any team. I could understand why not in the NL Central, but come on.