PDA

View Full Version : Can we get Ryan Zimmerman?

LoveYourSuit
07-30-2009, 11:45 PM
At 24- 25 years of age, I think he is on the cusp of becoming something special soon.

Would the Nationals be willing to trade him and do we have the pieces they might want from us?

Only rule is, No Beckham.

mzh
07-30-2009, 11:48 PM
At 24- 25 years of age, I think he is on the cusp of becoming something special soon.

Would the Nationals be willing to trade him and do we have the pieces they might want from us?

Only rule is, No Beckham.

Some of those pieces would obviously have to come from the big club, because there is simply no room for Zimmerman in the sox lineup. I doubt they would want Dye, Konerko, or Thome, what with their expiring contracts and they would have nowhere to play them. I simply don't think that the sox have the pieces that the Nats want or need.

LoveYourSuit
07-30-2009, 11:53 PM
Some of those pieces would obviously have to come from the big club, because there is simply no room for Zimmerman in the sox lineup. I doubt they would want Dye, Konerko, or Thome, what with their expiring contracts and they would have nowhere to play them. I simply don't think that the sox have the pieces that the Nats want or need.

My thinking is to get him in here for 3B and move Gordon back to SS.

Alexei goes to 2B or CF (a position we fail to imporve every offseason).

The Nats would want young players(pitchers) in return.

thomas35forever
07-31-2009, 12:42 AM
Zimmerman is supposed to be the cornerstone of that franchise. As bad as the Nationals are, I don't think they'd want to give him up like the Pirates, who are practically giving away their players, would.

Domeshot17
07-31-2009, 12:55 AM
You could think a package of Poreda-Getz-Fields + a couple b specs has a shot, but I really have no idea.

35th and Shields
07-31-2009, 12:59 AM
Zimmerman is supposed to be the cornerstone of that franchise. As bad as the Nationals are, I don't think they'd want to give him up like the Pirates, who are practically giving away their players, would.

I've heard nothing but the same. He's the only reason people go to see the Nationals other then the possibility of being at the lowest attended MLB game in history.

soxfanreggie
07-31-2009, 08:44 AM
Dome,

I don't think that package gets it done. They would probably want at least 2 of the 3 of Poreda, Danks, or Bacon plus some others.

CPditka
07-31-2009, 10:44 AM
Id love to get him. But no Bacon.

ndgt10
07-31-2009, 10:53 AM
It would most likely take at least Poreda, Danks, and Flowers to get him.

munchman33
07-31-2009, 12:04 PM
It would most likely take at least Poreda, Danks, and Flowers to get him.

Throw in Alexei and you'd be close. Zimmerman is that franchise. They aren't interested in trading him.

asindc
07-31-2009, 01:06 PM

Exactly. 'Taint hapennin'. He just signed a new contract this year. He is the face of the franchise.

oeo
07-31-2009, 01:27 PM
Dome,

I don't think that package gets it done. They would probably want at least 2 of the 3 of Poreda, Danks, or Bacon plus some others.

Yeah right. Who are we getting with Zimmerman, then? Beckham for Zimmerman straight up, I would not do.

And how is Beckham in with Poreda and Jordan Danks (I'm going to assume it's not John...otherwise the Nats better be sending over their whole team), as if they're equals? You realize what Beckham is doing right now at the major league level, right?

TDog
07-31-2009, 02:55 PM
While in the car some weeks ago, I heard a fan call into the Giants flagship station and say Brian Sabean was incompetent because he wasn't going out to get Ryan Zimmerman from the Nationals. The radio man told the caller he didn't have a clue, in the nicest of ways, of course.

This was a day after Zimmerman signed the big-money, long-term contract extension.

Believe it or not, Zimmerman wants to stay in Washington. The Nationals aren't low-balling him until they have to trade him on the eve of free agency. Zimmerman isn't going anywhere.

MeteorsSox4367
07-31-2009, 09:37 PM
As someone who admits to being a Nats fan, Zimmerman is pretty much all they have. As someone said, he's the face of the franchise, a solid citizen and played collegiately at UVa, so he's a local guy.

Personally, he's one of my favorite players, but the Nats aren't trading him.