07-30-2009, 05:48 PM
http://espn.go.com/chicago/columns/blog?post=4367203&name=levine

And my worst fear comes true....

Baron
07-30-2009, 05:50 PM
O god....:angry:

Big D
07-30-2009, 05:50 PM
Hopefully he's figured out that he's not a home run hitter. And hopefully he never actually plays.

Baron
07-30-2009, 05:51 PM
Hopefully he's figured out that he's not a home run hitter. And hopefully he never actually plays.

The last one is what Im hoping for.He probably couldnt get a hit if I was pitching.

DumpJerry
07-30-2009, 05:52 PM
....well, he does have the best walk-up music. ("Voodoochile")

Big D
07-30-2009, 05:53 PM
Wise has got to be happy that now he's no longer the worst player on the team.

Jimmy Piersall
Who took the ulcer medicine ?

wassagstdu
Does this mean Alexei is DL-ed?

SoxSpeed22
07-30-2009, 05:54 PM
Let's hope that hitch in his swing is gone. At least he's a reliable fielder.

Baron

They are waiting to see if he responds to his treatment.If not he is going on the DL.

35th and Shields

Doesn't specify exactly.

WhiteSoxFTW
07-30-2009, 05:56 PM
Please let Alexei's injury not be bad enough to go on the DL! :praying:

KRS1
07-30-2009, 05:57 PM
Has to be Alexei going to the DL, otherwise, where is the room coming from?

From high highs, to low lows all in a weeks time. Depressing as hell.

Konerko05
07-30-2009, 05:57 PM
Lillibridge has been hitting the ball really well for the last couple weeks. He's also being a little more patient at the plate.

Anyways, everyone knows this teams biggest weakness is defense. I'm not going to complain about a being called up who plays above average defense at SS and 2B. He's not too bad in CF either.

DeuceUnit
07-30-2009, 05:58 PM
This shows how far the talent on this team has fallen so quickly. I was hoping we would never see him again. Things just keep getting worse.

Woofer
07-30-2009, 05:58 PM
Why? WHY? (sobbing noises) WHY?

DumpJerry
07-30-2009, 05:59 PM

Has to be Alexei going to the DL, otherwise, where is the room coming from?
Read the link. It answers all questions.

Taliesinrk
07-30-2009, 06:00 PM
So Fields has to be traded?!? ***? And don't give me this crap about not wanting to move Beckham to SS because he's a rookie. If they're trading Fields, then fine. But otherwise this is.... once again... gross mismanagement and I'm getting tired of it.

DumpJerry
07-30-2009, 06:00 PM
It is threads like this one that make me glad the Sox don't let the players lurk on WSI.

If he is placed on the 25 Man, don't we want him to be full of confidence?

It's Dankerific
07-30-2009, 06:02 PM
It is threads like this one that make me glad the Sox don't let the players lurk on WSI.

Yes, we control the fates of the players IN OUR HANDS AND IN OUR WORDS!

Baron
07-30-2009, 06:02 PM
So Fields has to be traded?!? ***? And don't give me this crap about not wanting to move Beckham to SS because he's a rookie. If they're trading Fields, then fine. But otherwise this is.... once again... gross mismanagement and I'm getting tired of it.

Hope they traded fields....this team needs some help in areas that fields provides nothing at.

Big D
07-30-2009, 06:03 PM

Considering Lillibridge kept swinging for the fences the entire time he was up here, I'd say his problem was having too much confidence.

Taliesinrk
07-30-2009, 06:03 PM

Yes we do. Luckily, as you say, the players don't lurk on WSI... so Brent should be ok. On the flip-side, I was just trying to boost Fields' confidence.

KRS1
07-30-2009, 06:04 PM

How is this mismanagement? Because you want one player who needs a ton of work over another on the roster? Fields can use all the ABs he can get in Charlotte and Lillibridge has been playing well enough to at least get an emergency callup as a backup IF. Not quite the disaster you make it out to be.

DirtySox
07-30-2009, 06:06 PM
As someone said, Lillibridge has been on fire lately in AAA. Hopefully he can be decent with us in a limited role.

DumpJerry
07-30-2009, 06:10 PM
If a player read what we say about him and it is all negative, it sure as Hell can impact on his confidence since we are fans of his team. If this was a Yankees site and the same stuff was being written, then the impact would be bulletin board material for that player.

It sounds like you are either supremely (i.e. unrealistically) confident or never played sports in high school.

WhiteSox1989
07-30-2009, 06:13 PM
As someone said, Lillibridge has been on fire lately in AAA. Hopefully he can be decent with us in a limited role.

A logical response.

Taliesinrk
07-30-2009, 06:14 PM
If a player read what we say about him and it is all negative, it sure as Hell can impact on his confidence since we are fans of his team. If this was a Yankees site and the same stuff was being written, then the impact would be bulletin board material for that player.

It sounds like you are either supremely (i.e. unrealistically) confident or never played sports in high school.

While I definitely agree that it could take a toll on a player, are you seriously suggesting that we not share our feelings about moves so that we take into consideration the players' feelings and subsequent performance? I mean it sounds like you want us to "say something nice, or nothing at all"... I'm honestly asking - not being a wise-guy.

PhillipsBubba
07-30-2009, 06:15 PM
...and the hits just keep on comin'....:scratch:

LITTLE NELL
07-30-2009, 06:17 PM
Its almost like since Mark's perfecto we have become like the Titanic, sinking fast.

Taliesinrk
07-30-2009, 06:17 PM
How is this mismanagement? Because you want one player who needs a ton of work over another on the roster? Fields can use all the ABs he can get in Charlotte and Lillibridge has been playing well enough to at least get an emergency callup as a backup IF. Not quite the disaster you make it out to be.

No. It's because we have a good SS on our roster, and an albeit poor-performing 3B, but 3B nonetheless. Fields may have performed poorly for the past year-and-a-half, but he's still done better than Lillibridge did in his opportunity. However, I will admit, I wasn't familiar with his recent performance in AAA... so if he's truly been "tearing it up", then perhaps it's warranted. I just cannot understand what the Sox are doing in the past 2 weeks, and their defense has only added to the frustration.

It's Dankerific
07-30-2009, 06:18 PM

The real reason for our struggles in CF, apparently. (all of em.)

Taliesinrk
07-30-2009, 06:19 PM
Its almost like since Mark's perfecto we have become like the Titanic, sinking fast.

It wasn't since the perfecto... It's been because they sent down BA.

Big D
07-30-2009, 06:24 PM
While I definitely agree that it could take a toll on a player, are you seriously suggesting that we not share our feelings about moves so that we take into consideration the players' feelings and subsequent performance? I mean it sounds like you want us to "say something nice, or nothing at all"... I'm honestly asking - not being a wise-guy.

I'm sure Brent Lillibridge is a good person, and is nice to his mother.

LoveYourSuit
07-30-2009, 06:24 PM

:rolling:

Rohan
07-30-2009, 06:28 PM
Wise has got to be happy that now he's no longer the worst player on the team.

That's debatable...

Taliesinrk
07-30-2009, 06:29 PM
That's debatable...

That's funny.

doublem23
07-30-2009, 06:38 PM

Wow, we lost 3 GB on the division leader despite going 1-6 on that roadtrip.

Get the women and children out!

white sox bill
07-30-2009, 06:40 PM
No no no no no no no no no please Lord wake me from this nightmare. I promise I'll go to church Sundays mornings...not Lillibridge:bundy

SoxSpeed22
07-30-2009, 06:47 PM
I suppose I have to do this again...
http://doroteos2.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/droopy.jpg
"We're all ****ed."

LITTLE NELL
07-30-2009, 06:48 PM
Wow, we lost 3 GB on the division leader despite going 1-6 on that roadtrip.

Get the women and children out!
All I know is that 1 week ago we were tied for 1st place and 5 games over .500, now we are 3rd at .500 and we have the Yankees and Angels coming in. I feel sea-sick.

Redus Redux
07-30-2009, 06:48 PM
Cowley says Lillibridge is going right back to the minors now that AR looks not-serious

thedudeabides
07-30-2009, 06:51 PM
Cowley says Lillibridge is going right back to the minors now that AR looks not-serious

And Gonzalez says Alexei should be back Monday. I hope the panic over a Bruce Levine report can now subside. Have we learned nothing from listening to Bruce in the past?

doublem23
07-30-2009, 06:55 PM
And Gonzalez says Alexei should be back Monday. I hope the panic over a Bruce Levine report can now subside. Have we learned nothing from listening to Bruce in the past?

If the only thing we've heard against this rumor is something from Cowley, I'll remain on the edge of my seat. :cool:

LITTLE NELL
07-30-2009, 06:56 PM
I'm confused, was Lillibridge put on the roster and who was sent down?

soxyess
07-30-2009, 06:58 PM
Levine hates the sox and enjoys any bad news he can state regarding the sox.

KRS1
07-30-2009, 06:58 PM

Sounds like they flew him in just in case without making any official roster moves pending the AR situation.

oeo
07-30-2009, 07:00 PM

No one, apparently. I guess they told him to get his butt up here just in case? :scratch:

Doesn't make a whole lot of sense. I think Levine jumped the gun.

Hartman
07-30-2009, 07:16 PM
GIVE SOMEONE ELSE A SHOT, my god.

oeo
07-30-2009, 07:18 PM
GIVE SOMEONE ELSE A SHOT, my god.

Who?

Damn, it's easy for this website to completely hate someone, except for the blonde curly haired fellow.

chisoxfanatic
07-30-2009, 07:18 PM
Who?

Damn, it's easy for this website to completely hate someone, except for the blonde curly haired fellow.
Ummm, more people hated than liked Brian Anderson.

Rohan
07-30-2009, 07:26 PM
Sounds like they flew him in just in case without making any official roster moves pending the AR situation.

I don't think that's like.. legal...

doublem23

Nobody hated Brian Anderson, we just weren't thrilled with his apologists.

JB98
No one, apparently. I guess they told him to get his butt up here just in case? :scratch:

Doesn't make a whole lot of sense. I think Levine jumped the gun.

Lillibridge was here just in case Ramirez had to go on the DL. I think Levine's report was misinterpreted.

DickAllen72
07-30-2009, 07:33 PM
Lillibridge was here just in case Ramirez had to go on the DL. I think Levine's report was misinterpreted.
Yes, that's exactly what he reported.

BleacherBandit
07-30-2009, 07:35 PM
I don't understand how this works. Who do they send down in the meantime? Doesn't make much sense to send anybody down for Lillibridge if he himself might be sent down if Alexei doesn't go on the DL. You're essentially ****ing with two people.

KRS1
07-30-2009, 07:36 PM
I don't think that's like.. legal...

Sure it is. As long as he's not on the roster it would just be us telling OUR player to into town because his services may be needed. It's not like he was on the roster or in the lineup. Just in Chicago as a precautionary measure.

KRS1
07-30-2009, 07:38 PM
I don't understand how this works. Who do they send down in the meantime? Doesn't make much sense to send anybody down for Lillibridge if he himself might be sent down if Alexei doesn't go on the DL. You're essentially ****ing with two people.

It doesn't even sound like was officially "called up." So there is no roster moves necessary beyond shifting Charlotte's lineup around for the time being.

JB98
07-30-2009, 07:43 PM
It doesn't even sound like was officially "called up." So there is no roster moves necessary beyond shifting Charlotte's lineup around for the time being.

Precisely. Maybe people are confused because of the thread title. Lillibridge was never placed on the roster. He was just in town, around if needed. Apparently, he's not needed. Thus, this thread is moot.

BleacherBandit
07-30-2009, 07:45 PM
Precisely. Maybe people are confused because of the thread title. Lillibridge was never placed on the roster. He was just in town, around if needed. Apparently, he's not needed. Thus, this thread is moot.

I guess I need to read the links more often.

ode to veeck
07-30-2009, 07:50 PM

:chickenlittle:

ode to veeck
07-30-2009, 07:56 PM
All I know is that 1 week ago we were tied for 1st place and 5 games over .500, now we are 3rd at .500 and we have the Yankees and Angels coming in. I feel sea-sick.

get a grip please

ode to veeck
07-30-2009, 07:57 PM
If the only thing we've heard against this rumor is something from Cowley, I'll remain on the edge of my seat. :cool:

I won't even go that far

ode to veeck
07-30-2009, 07:59 PM

its not moot, it served to get dozens of posters panties in a bunch

It's Dankerific
07-30-2009, 08:04 PM

Must have read all the hate on WSI. Another prospect killed with our venomous comments.

Taliesinrk
07-30-2009, 08:09 PM
Must have read all the hate on WSI. Another prospect killed with our venomous comments.

:rolling:

doublem23
07-30-2009, 09:30 PM

That or there's still 25 men on our 25-man roster.

kittle42
07-30-2009, 09:36 PM

Just stick to kissing his poster on your wall.

It's Dankerific
07-30-2009, 09:37 PM
That or there's still 25 men on our 25-man roster.

For now.. For now.

Dibbs
07-30-2009, 09:42 PM
Great! Now we have Lillibridge, Kotsay and Wise instead of Alexei, Fields and Brian. This could be a painful second half.

EDIT: Good news Lillibridge is not on the roster.

JB98
07-30-2009, 09:49 PM
Great! Now we have Lillibridge, Kotsay and Wise instead of Alexei, Fields and Brian. This could be a painful second half.

No, we don't have Lillibridge.

tacosalbarojas
07-30-2009, 10:06 PM
Wts?

Brian26
07-30-2009, 10:23 PM
Wts?

I just updated the title to hopefully calm everyone's nerves.

getonbckthr
07-30-2009, 10:27 PM
Man the guy takes a little vacation to Chicago and people start freaking out.:D:

UofCSoxFan
07-30-2009, 10:27 PM
I just updated the title to hopefully calm everyone's nerves.

This place has been especially touchy as of late. Losing streaks to division rivals tend to do that. Glad to hear Alexei looks to be in OK shape.

BoysMom3
07-30-2009, 11:58 PM
Who?

I'm pretty sure I'm the only poster on here ridiculous enough to have mentioned his blonde, curly hair, seriously. :rolling: I should be ashamed, but I'm not. I would only be able to laugh if someone called me out on it.

Just stick to kissing his poster on your wall.

I probably would if I had one. (I know you weren't talking to me)

FWIW, I don't just like baseball or the Sox because I think some of them are hot. I love baseball; it's just that some of them are, I noticed, and I appreciate it. :wink: