PDA

View Full Version : Does Strasburg Sign with Wash?

jabrch
07-30-2009, 05:27 PM
I think the recent moves by the Pirates have all but guaranteed them the second worst record in baseball. So if Strasburgh doesn't sign, will he re-enter the draft next year? If so, I'd hope the Pirates sign him. At that point, is he really willing to sit a SECOND year?

I doubt it.

This could be very funny...

mzh
07-30-2009, 05:28 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=113793

As far as I know, he still hasn't signed.

palehozenychicty
07-30-2009, 05:47 PM
The Nats must get it done. Even if this guy is unproven, it'd be yet another disaster for that franchise.

asindc
07-30-2009, 05:52 PM
My breaking point if I'm the Nats GM is $15 million. After that Strasburg can kiss my ass and ride buses in an independent league for at least a year while hoping he doesn't get injured. I would be willing to deal with the PR nonsense.

palehozenychicty
07-31-2009, 12:21 AM
My breaking point if I'm the Nats GM is $15 million. After that Strasburg can kiss my ass and ride buses in an independent league for at least a year while hoping he doesn't get injured. I would be willing to deal with the PR nonsense.

I buy that. This guy hasn't won a game in the big leagues. I remember Ben McDonald was supposed to be the next Clemens. Oops. :tongue:

LoveYourSuit
07-31-2009, 12:25 AM
I think the recent moves by the Pirates have all but guaranteed them the second worst record in baseball. So if Strasburgh doesn't sign, will he re-enter the draft next year? If so, I'd hope the Pirates sign him. At that point, is he really willing to sit a SECOND year?

I doubt it.

This could be very funny...

He doesn't sign, I hate to say this, but I hope Mark Pryor syndrome on him.

mzh
07-31-2009, 12:29 AM
He doesn't sign, I hate to say this, but I hope Mark Pryor syndrome on him.

This doesn't work unless you spell his name correctly :tongue:

LoveYourSuit
07-31-2009, 12:41 AM
This doesn't work unless you spell his name correctly :tongue:

oops :redface:
Anyways.
That SOFT piece of **** doesn't diserve to be spelled correcty.

DirtySox
07-31-2009, 12:46 AM
If he doesn't sign I will be shocked. Washington can't afford to let this one get away. Especially after the Crow debacle of last year.

jabrch
07-31-2009, 01:37 AM
If he doesn't sign I will be shocked. Washington can't afford to let this one get away. Especially after the Crow debacle of last year.

I'd be shocked if he passes up on Washington - knowing that the Pirates are next in line.

gobears1987
07-31-2009, 02:16 AM
If he passes on that I'll be cheering for him to get hurt. He and Bora$$ can go **** themselves.

CWSpalehoseCWS
07-31-2009, 03:41 AM
If he ends up going to the Pirates, at least he'll be traded in a few years, lol. Washington, IMO, is a BAD place to end up. That team is doomed.