PDA

View Full Version : Pirates looking to set record for most trades in a month Grabow to Cubs

getonbckthr
07-30-2009, 03:12 PM
Watching the Cubs game Len Kaspar is talking as if the Cubs have acquired Grabow. Looking for a link.

getonbckthr
07-30-2009, 03:15 PM
Link:
http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/news/story?id=4366949

SoxSpeed22
07-30-2009, 03:16 PM
Nothing official yet, but almost there.
http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/news/story?id=4366949
Edit: Doh.

Chez
07-30-2009, 03:18 PM
That would be a solid pick-up. Wonder what they are sending back to Pittsburgh. Maybe Bobby Hill?

SoxFan78
07-30-2009, 03:27 PM
And the cubs yet again call up somebody from their AAAA farm system.

thedudeabides
07-30-2009, 03:31 PM
That would be a solid pick-up. Wonder what they are sending back to Pittsburgh. Maybe Bobby Hill?

Grabow is not very good. Average stuff and poor control. Not a big deal, as long as they didn't give up much.

soxyess
07-30-2009, 03:35 PM
Why is it when the Cubs make a trade the player or players that they give up are never mentioned? Its always Cubs acquire XXXX.

Big D
07-30-2009, 04:56 PM
MLB Network is saying Gorzelanny is going to the Cubs with Grabow, for Kevin Hart (and I assume some prospects).

Woofer
07-30-2009, 05:13 PM
I thought that there is an unwritten rule in baseball about trading to a team in your own division? This isn't the first time the Cubs/Pirates have pulled off a trade like this. The Pirates deserve their last place standing for doing this.

SBSoxFan
07-30-2009, 08:17 PM
I thought that there is an unwritten rule in baseball about trading to a team in your own division? This isn't the first time the Cubs/Pirates have pulled off a trade like this. The Pirates deserve their last place standing for doing this.

Mulley and Handly were just talking this morning how the new Pirate's GM won't be trading within their division --- a minimal improvement from the previous regime. I guess they were wrong.

MLB should do something about this "for the good of the game." The Pirates shouldn't be allowed to continue to operate this way.

getonbckthr
07-30-2009, 08:20 PM
Mulley and Handly were just talking this morning how the new Pirate's GM won't be trading within their division --- a minimal improvement from the previous regime. I guess they were wrong.

MLB should do something about this "for the good of the game." The Pirates shouldn't be allowed to continue to operate this way.
It isn't like they are giving top of the line talent for garbage. They are giving up marginal talent that the old regime gave bad contracts too.

Viva Medias B's
07-30-2009, 08:25 PM
MLB Network is saying Gorzelanny is going to the Cubs with Grabow, for Kevin Hart (and I assume some prospects).

Gorzelanny is Chicago area native and graduate of Marist High School. I think he grew up a White Sox fan, but I am not sure.

JermaineDye05
07-30-2009, 08:39 PM
I think people forget that the Sox and Royals have made trades within the division plenty of times before (probably because they didn't turn out too well). It's not that big of a deal, Gorzelanny and Grabow aren't going to be winning any Cy Youngs anytime soon.

thomas35forever
07-30-2009, 08:55 PM
The Cubs probably said to Hart "Good game, Kevin. You've been traded to the Pirates."

Woofer
07-30-2009, 09:41 PM
I think people forget that the Sox and Royals have made trades within the division plenty of times before (probably because they didn't turn out too well). It's not that big of a deal, Gorzelanny and Grabow aren't going to be winning any Cy Youngs anytime soon.

We've made only minor deals with KC. Never got an AS caliber player in a salary dump. (Ramirez)

VenturaFan23
07-30-2009, 09:44 PM
The Cubs probably said to Hart "Good game, Kevin. You've been traded to the Pirates."

Yeah, how would you like to have that as a reward!

gobears1987
07-31-2009, 01:00 AM
Gorzelanny is Chicago area native and graduate of Marist High School. I think he grew up a White Sox fan, but I am not sure.
He is a huge Sox fan. Grobber mentioned that Gorzelanny has talked to the media before in Chicago and said he grew up hating the Cubs because he was a Sox fan. They were joking on the radio that he'll be OK with the trade because he probably hated the Pirates more after seeing how that organization was run. I don't think that's a bad assumption to make.