PDA

View Full Version : Sox to Honor Buehrle with Appreciation Series

cbone
07-30-2009, 11:15 AM
Just got this e-mail.

CHICAGO – The Chicago White Sox will celebrate Mark Buehrle’s historic July 23 perfect game and his Major League Baseball (MLB) record-setting streak of 45 consecutive batters retired during the upcoming three-game series vs. the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim (August 4-6) at U.S. Cellular Field.

The “Buehrle Appreciation Series” will feature a special ceremony prior to the game on Tuesday, August 4. All fans will have the opportunity to purchase specially priced tickets for all three games of the series. In honor of the nine perfect innings thrown by the All-Star lefty during his perfect game, Upper Reserved seats will be available for $9 (originally priced at $23), while Lower Reserved and Bleacher seats will be available for $27 (originally priced $38 and $37, respectively) for the 27 consecutive Tampa Bay batters retired during the memorable game.

All three games of the White Sox series vs. the Angels will feature limited-edition ‘Perfect Game’ and ‘MLB Record-Setting’ giveaways for all fans in attendance (limited qualities, while supplies last). All fans attending Tuesday’s game will receive a limited-edition Mark Buehrle Perfect Game Placard, presented by Apple Vacations. Details on the limited-edition Mark Buehrle giveaways, along with information on the previously scheduled promotional activities, will be announced soon.

Tickets to the “Buehrle Appreciation Series” will be available online at whitesox.com, via phone at 866-SOX-GAME and at the U.S. Cellular Field ticket office starting tomorrow at 9 a.m. CT. The Tuesday and Wednesday games begin at 7:11 p.m., while Thursday’s game starts at 1:05 p.m.

kittle42
07-30-2009, 11:17 AM
They should advertise this in the papers. Brilliant idea.

cbone
07-30-2009, 11:20 AM
I'm loading up on the 9 buck UD's. I can actually take my whole family. These giveaways are usually pretty cool.

eriqjaffe
07-30-2009, 11:21 AM
And, of course, I'm going to the game on the 7th.

Standing Ovation
07-30-2009, 11:27 AM
"limited qualities, while supplies last."

I guess spell check can only catch so much.

kittle42
07-30-2009, 11:46 AM
"limited qualities, while supplies last."

I guess spell check can only catch so much.

Well, they kind of are limited qualities, because most UD seats suck. :D:

voodoochile
07-30-2009, 11:55 AM
I changed the title of this thread because it was showing up in the forum list as Buehrle Appreciation which nearly gave me a heart attack...:D:

aryzner
07-30-2009, 12:10 PM
And I will appreciate it if the Sox sweep said series.

MarkZ35
07-30-2009, 12:21 PM
I hope they are nice giveaways and not just a postcard or something terrible. A statue or bobblehead would be awesome.

It's Dankerific
07-30-2009, 12:49 PM
I hope they are nice giveaways and not just a postcard or something terrible. A statue or bobblehead would be awesome.

I dont think they have enough time to fabricate something fancy.

GoGoCrede
07-30-2009, 01:03 PM
And, of course, I'm going to the game on the 7th.

It just figures, doesn't it?

Brilliant idea, wish I was in town on one of those days.

Sad
07-30-2009, 01:25 PM
I already had tix for the 6th...
anything else is a bonus...

kevingrt
07-30-2009, 01:33 PM
Definitely buying tickets for the day game on the 6th now in the bleachers. What a brilliant promotion by the Sox. Nice job Brooks.

SpiderJames
07-30-2009, 02:12 PM
Im gonna go down Tuesday and buy an upper deck seat. It wont be sold out will it by then? Im going with a friend, I dont think it should be a problem getting 2 upper deck seats, but at those low prices, people love to go when its cheap...

Red Barchetta
07-30-2009, 02:43 PM
Sounds nice, however I wish the SOX would honor Buehrle with a 12-game winning streak...

Lip Man 1
07-30-2009, 04:15 PM
I can certainly see honoring Mark before a game but milking it for three games?

Not sure about that.

The Sox are playing very poorly right now, maybe they need to move on from Mark's accomplishment and start concerning themselves with the here and now.

For some bizarre reason the Sox don't seem to play well after a no hitter, (last three in fact) just don't worry about it anymore and start playing baseball.

Lip

chisoxfanatic
07-30-2009, 04:40 PM
All three games of the White Sox series vs. the Angels will feature limited-edition ‘Perfect Game’ and ‘MLB Record-Setting’ giveaways for all fans in attendance (limited qualities, while supplies last). All fans attending Tuesday’s game will receive a limited-edition Mark Buehrle Perfect Game Placard, presented by Apple Vacations. Details on the limited-edition Mark Buehrle giveaways, along with information on the previously scheduled promotional activities, will be announced soon.
Sweet! It sounds like they're giving away the most at Tuesday's game, which is my next game after tomorrow. Perfect!

Not sure about that.

The Sox are playing very poorly right now, maybe they need to move on from Mark's accomplishment and start concerning themselves with the here and now.

For some bizarre reason the Sox don't seem to play well after a no hitter, (last three in fact) just don't worry about it anymore and start playing baseball.

Lip
I see it as a marketing strategy to try to pack the stadium for a series in which they probably would otherwise draw close to the attendance average. It's a great idea.

Big D
07-30-2009, 04:44 PM

Not sure about that.

Lip

Yes, how dare the Sox put tickets on sale and give away souvenirs to fans.

kruzer31
07-30-2009, 05:05 PM
I can not make that series. If anyone can help with a poster or placard of that day I can pay for your ticket to the game. Pleas PM me if anyone is interested.

JEFF

rookie
07-30-2009, 07:06 PM
Awesome idea! I'm going to give my dad a $20 to take with him when he goes to the game tomorrow and try to snag some Upper Decks!

Lip Man 1
07-30-2009, 07:31 PM
Big D:

Based on the newspaper reports the past few days Mark is at least somewhat uncomfortable with all this attention. Doesn't he have a say in things?

Enough already.

Like I said a game is fine and certainly deserved but I think three is stretching things.

If attendance is a factor here's an idea....win some games.

Lip

soxfanreggie
07-30-2009, 08:40 PM
But can't they apply the argument that if they sell more tickets we can dedicate more $$$ to payroll? :redface:

cbone
07-30-2009, 10:00 PM
I don't see how lowering prices to fill a park and honor a great player could be conceived as a bad idea. I can't believe Mark would say, "Wait don't lower ticket prices on my account!' I agree we need to move and start winning games, but I also think packing the park is not such a bad idea, :smile:

Brian26
07-30-2009, 10:01 PM
Big D:

Based on the newspaper reports the past few days Mark is at least somewhat uncomfortable with all this attention. Doesn't he have a say in things?

Enough already.

Like I said a game is fine and certainly deserved but I think three is stretching things.

If attendance is a factor here's an idea....win some games.

Lip

I admit I was a little surprised by the move too. It's got marketing written all over it, but it fits with the historical White Sox tendencies to laud accomplishments maybe a bit prematurely. A celebration like this should happen towards the end of the season, maybe one of the last weekend series in September. It's odd to do this before he's even made another start after breaking the record.

soxfanreggie
07-30-2009, 10:05 PM
Maybe they feel like we need a rocking home crowd to help turn things around.

Over By There
07-31-2009, 08:27 AM
Excellent! I'm actually in town and going to the game on the 6th. :cool:

#1swisher
07-31-2009, 11:41 AM
I admit I was a little surprised by the move too. It's got marketing written all over it, but it fits with the historical White Sox tendencies to laud accomplishments maybe a bit prematurely. A celebration like this should happen towards the end of the season, maybe one of the last weekend series in September. It's odd to do this before he's even made another start after breaking the record.

Thanks, White Sox marketing dept.! I bought my $27 lower reserved tickets for Tues.

Thank You, reMARKable Buehrle aka/Mr. Perfect:gulp:

#1swisher
07-31-2009, 11:43 AM
Maybe they feel like we need a rocking home crowd to help turn things around.

They do! The crowd was rocking in the 9th @yesterdays game.

:gosox:

SephClone89
07-31-2009, 11:44 AM
:angry::angry:
I would LOVE to buy those $9 upper decks!

I'm going to be on vacation next week! I leave Tuesday...going to see Pirates and Cards at PNC, though...

The only game I can make it to before I go back to school is the 9th against the Indians...thought I might come back for a weekend in September to catch a game with my dad.

kellykid
07-31-2009, 11:45 AM
Got our tix for Tuesday night! I can't wait! The only downer is that my oldest son will back at school and won't be able to go with us.

chisoxfan4life
07-31-2009, 07:06 PM
Awesome! Just bought my tickets for next Tuesday. Now I'll get two more games in before I move back to school. I love this organization! They actually care about their fans and want to win. The Peavy trade and this promotion are prime examples.