PDA

View Full Version : Sanchez to Giants official

getonbckthr
07-29-2009, 05:55 PM
http://twitter.com/Dejan_Kovacevic/status/2918548271

BleacherBandit
07-29-2009, 05:56 PM
And it's official: the Pirates have no good players left on their team.

doublem23
07-29-2009, 05:58 PM
And it's official: the Pirates have no good players left on their team.

I would take Andrew McCutchen.

getonbckthr
07-29-2009, 05:59 PM
At this point they should just deal Capps, Grabow, Duke and the other LaRoche.

Chicago5oooh
07-29-2009, 06:00 PM
I feel terrible for the fans in Pit. What a terribly run ballclub. Pretty certain our boys in Birmingham could beat the team they're running out there these days.

goon
07-29-2009, 06:01 PM

Me too, but the only quality veteran position player I can think of is Doumit.

BleacherBandit

He'll be traded within the next 4-6 years. :tongue:

DirtySox
Wow. I like the return for Pitt. Alderson is nice.

kittle42
07-29-2009, 06:07 PM
Wow. I like the return for Pitt. Alderson is nice.

If he develops into anything, he will also be traded.

LoveYourSuit
07-29-2009, 06:09 PM
I feel terrible for the fans in Pit. What a terribly run ballclub. Pretty certain our boys in Birmingham could beat the team they're running out there these days.

Indian fans right there with them.

The Indians have traded back to back Cy Young pitchers, that might be the first time in ML history.

doublem23
07-29-2009, 06:11 PM
If he develops into anything, he will also be traded.

Always gotta be thinking about the future!

getonbckthr
07-29-2009, 06:16 PM
Indian fans right there with them.

The Indians have traded back to back Cy Young pitchers, that might be the first time in ML history.
Difference is Cleveland has proven ability to build winners. Pittsburgh well...umm...ya.

LoveYourSuit
07-29-2009, 06:36 PM
Difference is Cleveland has proven ability to build winners. Pittsburgh well...umm...ya.

They have built a legit winner 1 time, 1 time in the last almost 50 years.

That team that won the division in '07 was a fluke.

SoxGirl4Life
07-29-2009, 07:01 PM

Save the tigers and indians, the 07 ALC was pathetic. Even the mighty Twins finished under .500 IIRC. Funny thing is, Sox still had a winning record against that division that year. And crapped the bed against the NL and the other two divisions in the AL

WhiteSox5187
07-29-2009, 07:01 PM

Don't get me wrong, they've sucked of late, but they dominated the league in the 1990s.

SoxGirl4Life
07-29-2009, 07:02 PM
I actually really like Sanchez and a couple other of their players. Their pitching has always been crappy

Red Barchetta
07-29-2009, 07:06 PM

Too bad the Pirates play in Pittsburgh and not in Chicago. All you need is a pretty ballpark and you draw 3M fans...:tongue:

cws05champ
07-29-2009, 07:12 PM
Surprised they got Alderson for Sanchez.... Nice.

LoveYourSuit
07-29-2009, 07:15 PM
Don't get me wrong, they've sucked of late, but they dominated the league in the 1990s.

Right on.

That was the only legit winner they have built in most of our lifetimes here. Yet they couldn't even win the big one.

That fan base is so crushed right now it must be sad to be around there right now. It's a ghost town and IMO they have one of the nicest baseball stadiums out there.

Boondock Saint
07-29-2009, 07:35 PM
Contract the Pirates and move the Marlins to PNC park. Two birds, one stone.

DSpivack
07-29-2009, 07:52 PM

I say just airlift PNC to Miami and put a roof over it! Converge the two franchises, and you'd have a good enough team.

thomas35forever
07-29-2009, 08:14 PM
Zach Duke is a good pitcher, but don't worry. He'll be gone in a few years.

TDog
07-29-2009, 10:12 PM

I haven't given up on contracting the Twins. In the 1970s I thought it was a good idea. A quart of a century later, I thought baseball was finally taking my advice. But the dream just disappeared, like a pop up against the metrodome ceiling.

The Giants are the team to beat now in the National League. They won't beat out the Dodgers, but when they get the wild card, they will roll into the NLDS with Lincecum and Cain and some hitting to back them up.

Bobby Thigpen
07-29-2009, 10:17 PM
Right on.

That was the only legit winner they have built in most of our lifetimes here. Yet they couldn't even win the big one.

That fan base is so crushed right now it must be sad to be around there right now. It's a ghost town and IMO they have one of the nicest baseball stadiums out there.
They were pretty good in the 60s and 70s too. That's more than once in 50 yrs.

Brian26
07-29-2009, 10:18 PM
Right on.

Yeah, but that legitimate winner lasted eight years. That was a hell of a run.

LoveYourSuit
07-29-2009, 11:38 PM
Yeah, but that legitimate winner lasted eight years. That was a hell of a run.

Yeah, but I wouldn't trade our 1 World Series for their 0 WS and 8 good seasons.

palehozenychicty
07-29-2009, 11:50 PM
Yeah, but I wouldn't trade our 1 World Series for their 0 WS and 8 good seasons.

Bingo. To quote our favorite ex-Jet and Chief coach Herm Edwards, "You play to win the game." They got no titles, so it don't matter.

Hitmen77
07-30-2009, 09:33 AM

The Indians had a grand total of 4 winning seasons in those two decades, including 81-78 in 1976 and 81-80 in 1979.

Are we talking about the Pirates or the Indians?

The Indians were awful for decades from the 60s until they finally were contenders in 1994. That's what made them a good choice to the be team in the movie "Major League", they were laughingstocks for as long as most people could remember. Then in the 1990s, they had an incredibly good team that won 2 pennants.....but they failed to win the big prize.

The Pirates were a great franchise in the 60s and 70s. They were the team of Roberto Clemente. They won the WS in 1960, '71 and '79. Their last gasp of success was in the early 1990s when they won 3 straight division titles (back when there were only 2 divisions per league).

It's sad to see a franchise that I remember as being one of the better ones fall so far. The Pirates certainly have a rich history and, though I have never been there, I hear PNC Park is arguably the best in baseball. What a shame that they are now in this endless cycle of being just downright awful and constantly shipping off any talent they ever develop.

SI1020
07-30-2009, 10:41 AM
Are we talking about the Pirates or the Indians?

The Indians were awful for decades from the 60s until they finally were contenders in 1994. That's what made them a good choice to the be team in the movie "Major League", they were laughingstocks for as long as most people could remember. Then in the 1990s, they had an incredibly good team that won 2 pennants.....but they failed to win the big prize.

The Pirates were a great franchise in the 60s and 70s. They were the team of Roberto Clemente. They won the WS in 1960, '71 and '79. Their last gasp of success was in the early 1990s when they won 3 straight division titles (back when there were only 2 divisions per league).

It's sad to see a franchise that I remember as being one of the better ones fall so far. The Pirates certainly have a rich history and, though I have never been there, I hear PNC Park is arguably the best in baseball. What a shame that they are now in this endless cycle of being just downright awful and constantly shipping off any talent they ever develop. Let me see how I might have goofed this up.

First this.

Followed by.

Continuing.

Then I respond to this thinking the poster was referring to the Indians when it seems the Pirates are the team in the poster was probably referring to.

Now is that confusing enough? My only excuse is the White Sox play of late is distracting me. It's the best I got. I will now remove my previous post.

Jerome
07-30-2009, 01:16 PM
Who cares about Pirates fans? Pittsburgh has the Lombardi Trophy and the Stanley Cup this year.