PDA

View Full Version : What the hell happened?

Tree
06-05-2002, 01:56 PM
I spend a week without following the Sox moving. I check the standings today and they are 4 games out? Am I missing something? Are they playing like total garbage? What's the deal? Is it the pitching? the defense? the offense? What is it? Is it time to bring up Crede to sure up the left side defense? All I know is that now I am living in Arizona so hopefully I can catch more games on WGN. I did not have WGN in Rhode Island. Hopefully they can turn this trend around.

Tree

voodoochile
06-05-2002, 02:03 PM
A little of this, a little of that. Lack of timely hitting. Couple of blown saves against the Yanks. The Sox could just as easily have been 1 game out or tied if the last week had gone just a little different, and I mean just a little different...

Kilroy
06-05-2002, 02:03 PM
Well let me say good luck on your new start in AZ.

As for the Sox, they have played like pure crap. The running theme is no offense, but there has been some bad pitching mixed in w/ bad managment, and one game that was lost due to bad D. So u name it, the Sox have used it to lose a game in the last 10 days...

Tree
06-05-2002, 02:07 PM
So to sum it up they are f*cking up like the plague. Well hopefully it is time to pull out of the funk.

Thanks Kilroy. Now I have to remember how to change my profile.

cheeses_h_rice
06-05-2002, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Tree
I spend a week without following the Sox moving. I check the standings today and they are 4 games out? Am I missing something? Are they playing like total garbage? What's the deal? Is it the pitching? the defense? the offense? What is it? Is it time to bring up Crede to sure up the left side defense? All I know is that now I am living in Arizona so hopefully I can catch more games on WGN. I did not have WGN in Rhode Island. Hopefully they can turn this trend around.

Tree

I took a week off myself, after witnessing last Wednesday night's Foulke (and Manuel) Implosion against the Yanks. There I was, upper deck, surrounded by what sounded like mostly Yankee fans, and this f*cking Flubbie fan loser dipsh*t f*ckwad was at the game by himself, running around the uppper deck high-fiving all the Yankee fans after Giambi's blast. I had to leave before I shoved him off the balcony onto the 100 level, and I did. Went home and drank my ass off, and swore off the Sox for good.

One week later, they're still pretty pathetic, a bunch of Gutless Wonders underachieving more than I ever could have believed. JR and Gallas want people come out to see this pathetic bunch? Good luck, guys, that's all I have to say.

I can't swear off the Sox for good, obviously, but my outlook on this team (despite my .sig, which I'm too lazy to change) has drastically changed. They just are not that good.

THE_HOOTER
06-05-2002, 03:25 PM
Cheeses,

I couldn't agree more. Not only is this group underacheiving, the front office is just a joke.

That Ritchie trade was a joke, the almost Garland trade was a joke, and I didnt like the signing of any of his FA. Alomar is a bum, Clayton is just horrible, Osuna is brutal, and Howry is done.

How can I possibly cheer for such a group?

Mark my words, and I said it before, this GM is gonna put the White Sox in a ten year hole.

We will watch a lot of former prospects have good careers elsewhere because this emotional fartface will trade them all away.

You know how many people we will have from all of his trades?

NONE.
:angry:

voodoochile
06-05-2002, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice

I took a week off myself, after witnessing last Wednesday night's Foulke (and Manuel) Implosion against the Yanks. There I was, upper deck, surrounded by what sounded like mostly Yankee fans, and this f*cking Flubbie fan loser dipsh*t f*ckwad was at the game by himself, running around the uppper deck high-fiving all the Yankee fans after Giambi's blast. I had to leave before I shoved him off the balcony onto the 100 level, and I did. Went home and drank my ass off, and swore off the Sox for good.

One week later, they're still pretty pathetic, a bunch of Gutless Wonders underachieving more than I ever could have believed. JR and Gallas want people come out to see this pathetic bunch? Good luck, guys, that's all I have to say.

I can't swear off the Sox for good, obviously, but my outlook on this team (despite my .sig, which I'm too lazy to change) has drastically changed. They just are not that good.

Where were you sitting? I was in 536, about row 11. I was sitting pretty close to this cute blond in a NY cap with her accountant BF. I went to the bathroom after Bernie tied the game and came back up the ramp just in time to see Giambi's blast disappearing into the night as Maggs stopped to watch it. Waved my friends down and left...

Chisox353014
06-05-2002, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
A little of this, a little of that. Lack of timely hitting. Couple of blown saves against the Yanks. The Sox could just as easily have been 1 game out or tied if the last week had gone just a little different, and I mean just a little different...

That's the thing that's frustrating...Garland has suddenly started living up to his hype, Burly continues to pitch great, hell the Choice has even been sent to the bench! And yet we're 1-8 over the last week and a half. What happened to the April version of the Sox offense? I want it back!

raul12
06-05-2002, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by THE_HOOTER
I didnt like the signing of any of his FA. Alomar is a bum, Clayton is just horrible, Osuna is brutal, and Howry is done.

as much as i don't like lenny, the lofton pick up was nice. give him credit for that one. other than that, he has f-ed up on many of his deals. but don't blame him for the ritchie trade--blame nardi for not letting these pitchers pitch their game and hence, sucking up big time.

by the way, step off the ledge, and take a deep breath, and listen to some pink floyd. it's only june 5.

Chisox353014
06-05-2002, 04:54 PM

That sounds exactly like my experience, right down to the solitary Flub "fan" (don't these idiots have anything better to do with their time?), except I was at the Tuesday night game. At one point the moron Yankee "fan" sitting behind me actually asked his friend why it was illegal to slide into 1st base!?!? And his equally moronic friend kept yelling "let's go Ted", as in starter Ted Lilly, even though the Skanks had already made two pitching changes by that point. I haven't been that p.o.'d at a game since the 2000 playoffs. Especially since it was ex-Flub Ron D.L. White, and butt fugly "heartthrob" Jeter who got the key hits. Since the Wednesday blow-up (which thankfully I only heard on the radio and never want to see highlights of) I've stopped getting mad and just watched the games with a weird kind of emotional detachment. Even last night's game, which ordinarily would have caused me to throw my best fastball with my remote, just left me feeling numb. I guess I'm just resigned to the fact that this team has no chance to actually win anything this year. But I'm sure that as soon as they win a few I'll start believing they can win it all again and then they'll break my heart all over again. Such is life as a Sox fan.... :whiner:

cheeses_h_rice
06-05-2002, 04:56 PM

Where were you sitting? I was in 536, about row 11. I was sitting pretty close to this cute blond in a NY cap with her accountant BF. I went to the bathroom after Bernie tied the game and came back up the ramp just in time to see Giambi's blast disappearing into the night as Maggs stopped to watch it. Waved my friends down and left...

I was in Section 528, row 4. Granted, some of those Yankees fans were friends of mine and my wife's, but the midget Flub fan with the floppy hat on was no friend of anyone's.

Easily the worst sports loss I've witnessed in person in my entire life. And I was at both of the 2000 home playoff games.

Jerry_Manuel
06-05-2002, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Chisox353014
I've stopped getting mad and just watched the games with a weird kind of emotional detachment. Even last night's game, which ordinarily would have caused me to throw my best fastball with my remote, just left me feeling numb. I guess I'm just resigned to the fact that this team has no chance to actually win anything this year.

Exactly, now if everyone else here would do the same, we wouldn't have all this bitching after every loss.

cheeses_h_rice
06-05-2002, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

Exactly, now if everyone else here would do the same, we wouldn't have all this bitching after every loss.

In other words, Go Twins!

Jerry_Manuel
06-05-2002, 05:18 PM
In other words, Go Twins!

No, that's not what I meant. The other day, someone here asked me why I don't feel the need to get all pissed and rant like a crazy psycho. The reason why I don't is because I'm resigned to the fact that this team isn't winning anything. If they do, hey, that's great. Ranting and saying thhis guy has to go and things like that, doesn't do anything.

Perhaps I'm just not cut out for message boards.

raul12
06-05-2002, 05:26 PM

Perhaps I'm just not cut out for message boards.

you're just way to placid!

i get upset every time we lose b/c i just hate losing...in anything. it makes me moody. but at the same time, i'm realistic. my dad always told me that if the sox do .500, he's happy b/c that means on average they win at least half the time he watches. my expectations are a little higher though. it's been too f'ing long since a WS has come to this town, and i'm starting to get a little impatient. heck, i don't even know what it's like to win a playoff series in baseball.

at the beginning of the season, i told my friend that the twinkies were going to win the division and hopefully the sox would get the WC. well, it looks like we'll have to win the division to get into the playoffs, but i wasn't expecting 100 wins out of this team.

PaleHoseGeorge
06-05-2002, 05:27 PM

...Perhaps I'm just not cut out for message boards.

This from the guy with over 7,000 posts.

:)

Jerry_Manuel
06-05-2002, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
This from the guy with over 7,000 posts.

Let the record show that it's without ranting and raving like a madman. Either way, I have to many posts.

doublem23
06-05-2002, 07:04 PM
Let the record show that it's without ranting and raving like a madman.

True... Only healthy, pure, unadulterated...
:spam

Jerry_Manuel
06-05-2002, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
True... Only healthy, pure, unadulterated...
:spam

http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/1345000/images/_1349120_clinton150.jpg

I did not spam that WSI message board.

doublem23
06-05-2002, 07:37 PM

*****!!!

voodoochile
06-06-2002, 12:25 AM

I suppose that depends on what the definition of spam is...

Jerry_Manuel
06-06-2002, 12:27 AM
I suppose that depends on what the definition of spam is...

I'm not touching that one, Voodoo. I think Mrs. PHG is looking on, so I'll keep my comments to myself.

LongDistanceFan
06-06-2002, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by doublem23

*****!!! ditto a good one