PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Brian Anderson Appreciation Thread

Domeshot17
07-28-2009, 02:08 PM
Sucks to see you traded but it was never going to work here. I hope Brian does well in Boston, not just against us. Wish his bat could have worked out, he had high promise with that 2 homer game to start his career vs Seattle. Also a bummer to see the best defensive outfielder the Sox had had since Mike Cameron gone. I don't see him getting the starting job in Boston, but I could also see him packaged to the Indians or one of the other rumored teams the Red Sox are talking with. He was always a really cool guy at signings too. He would talk with the fans, goof around with little kids, not just another stiff who signed without ever looking up.

GoGoCrede
07-28-2009, 02:10 PM
Thank you for your catch in the blackout game. That was one of the best sporting events I've ever seen in person.

And thank you for your postseason blog last season. It was hilarious. Gave my friends and I a lot of laughs.

I wish you all the best.

Bye,
GoGoCrede

aryzner
07-28-2009, 02:11 PM
Thanks for the diving catch to end the blackout game.

Thanks for yelling, "OH MY GOD" and realizing that Pods had hit the game winning HR in Game 2 while Rowand said, "NO WAY!"

Thanks for me not having to see the term "FOBA" anymore on WSI! :redneck

chisoxfanatic
:(:

I will miss your defensive perfection, BA!

dakotasox
Thanks for being the man. I hope you hammer us every time we play you. See ya in the ASG in a few years.

chisoxfanatic
Thanks for me not having to see the term "FOBA" anymore on WSI! :redneck
Aaron Rowand is still talked about in these parts, isn't he?

soxnut1018
07-28-2009, 02:13 PM
I will always remember you and Aaron Rowand going crazy after the Pods homer in Game 2 of the WS. "OH MY GOD!" I also loved the catch you made in CF in the Blackout game. That was the best game I have ever been to in person, and I want to thank you for that.

aryzner
Aaron Rowand is still talked about in these parts, isn't he?
You're right. Perhaps I am speaking too soon. :D:

ShoelessJoeS
Best of luck to you, Brian! :gulp:

Jimmy Piersall
Thanks for being the man. I hope you hammer us every time we play you. See ya in the ASG in a few years.

Who's bag will he be carrying to the game ? ok,low blow i know.
Thanks BA for your outfield excellence while you were here.

MHOUSE
The catch in the Blackout game was awesome as well as his energy in the dugout during the 2005 run. The mics in the dugout of him and Rowand were priceless and I still crack up every time I watch those games or the World Series DVD.

I like Kotsay as a bench/role player, but who does from the big league roster to make room? Wise? I think this upgrades out available offense off the bench, but Kotsay was playing a lot of first base the last two years because of back problems. I think this is a huge step back in our outfield defense which is all ready below average.

chisoxjtrain
07-28-2009, 02:15 PM
Thanks for everything BA. You were a very good defensive center fielder. Its a shame it couldn't work out here for you. Best of luck!

AJRoxMyWhiteSox
07-28-2009, 02:17 PM
Despite all the ups and downs with your bat, I always loved watching you play. Thanks for the catch in the Blackout game, and I'll miss you. Best of luck in Boston. :gulp:

mccoydp
07-28-2009, 02:19 PM
Sucks to see you traded but it was never going to work here. I hope Brian does well in Boston, not just against us. Wish his bat could have worked out, he had high promise with that 2 homer game to start his career vs Seattle. Also a bummer to see the best defensive outfielder the Sox had had since Mike Cameron gone. I don't see him getting the starting job in Boston, but I could also see him packaged to the Indians or one of the other rumored teams the Red Sox are talking with. He was always a really cool guy at signings too. He would talk with the fans, goof around with little kids, not just another stiff who signed without ever looking up.

He's an absolute great guy when it comes to signing autographs and being personable with fans. I wish him all the best in Boston, and I hope he blossoms to the best of his ability.

Fisk Fan
07-28-2009, 02:22 PM
Good luck Brian. Hope you can make idiots out of all of 'em.......

thedudeabides
07-28-2009, 02:22 PM

:scratch: :dtroll:

hawkjt
07-28-2009, 02:26 PM
Never disliked BA...was a huge fan early on...admittedly, I fell of his bandwagon.
Still, great catch last year in blackout game will always be a highlight of 08.
Also appreciated the graceful handling of center field..poetry in motion as you glided over the green to the ball...

Do not unpack your bags,tho,BA...I bet Boston moves you elsewhere...

WhiteSox1989
07-28-2009, 02:26 PM
I'll miss you and your tats, Brian.

Thanks for the blackout catch. Pretty amazing. Best of luck.

(I still don't think he's a ML player).

Zisk77
07-28-2009, 02:33 PM

You think he can afford a ticket?:D:

Jjav829
07-28-2009, 02:34 PM
Thanks for that catch at the end of the blackout game. It's up there with Wise's perfect game save and Uribe's in-the-stands grab in the lore of Sox players who couldn't hit but came up with some of the biggest defensive plays in Sox history (though, in fairness, the other two make Uribe's 2004 and other hot stretches look like the work of Albert Pujols).

kittle42
07-28-2009, 02:34 PM
I again nominate Jayson Nix for next illogically loved Sox player.

Rockabilly
07-28-2009, 02:35 PM
thanks for the catch in game 163.. Otherwise you were a bust

Jjav829
07-28-2009, 02:37 PM

That's like looking at the leaderboard for active players with the most consecutive games played. You sit there and think, "Yeah, not bad, but Cal is a looooooooong way off."

thedudeabides
07-28-2009, 02:37 PM

I just don't Nix catching on. I'm going to have to put some thought into this. Getz has a shot if Beckham gets moved to 2b next year.

jdm2662
07-28-2009, 02:38 PM
Too bad he couldn't hit in the majors. Oh well. Time to move on. Best of luck.

ajismyhero
07-28-2009, 02:42 PM
Dear BA,
I'll miss you and your stellar defense every time Pods misplays a ball this year and DeWayne Wise strikes out. I hope you have a long and prosperous career in the show.
XOXOXO,
AJISMYHERO

Boondock Saint
07-28-2009, 02:46 PM
Thanks for the final out in the blackout game. Now you're off to travel MLB in search of your bat, like Kwai Chang Caine traveled the old west in search of his half-brother Danny.

voodoochile
07-28-2009, 02:56 PM
Thanks for your slightly above average catch to seal the blackout game. Hope you find happiness in this lifetime. Good luck wherever you end up and please start every time your team faces the Sox. We can use all the breaks we can get...

The Milkman
07-28-2009, 03:00 PM
thanks for the diving catch to end the blackout game.

Thanks for yelling, "oh my god" and realizing that pods had hit the game winning hr in game 2 while rowand said, "no way!"

thanks for me not having to see the term "foba" anymore on wsi! :redneck

+1

SoxSpeed22
07-28-2009, 03:17 PM
Thanks for the catch to get us in the playoffs and the good defense. It's unfortunate that BA was a product of our ****ty farm system, but hopefully McCullough is the last one. Good luck in Boston/Pawtucket.

BadBobbyJenks
07-28-2009, 03:31 PM
And the last failed centerfield prospect has headed out of town. A great defender who's bat never was good enough to play every day. I hope he finds success somewhere.

Unreal that Wise will be on this team for two full seasons.

Jerome
07-28-2009, 03:33 PM
The only OF on the roster who excelled defensively, yet took a back seat to the likes of Rob Mackowiak, Darin Erstad, and Dewayne Wise. Too bad you couldn't just hit and end the debate. Good luck in Boston, just not against us.

Rohan
07-28-2009, 03:33 PM
Brian, I was always one of your supporters. I'm sad that we won't get to see you at your greatest in a White Sox uniform. But i'm very glad that you'll get a new start on a new team. Hopefully the next organization will start you more than we have.
Best of luck, my friend :gulp:

TomBradley72
07-28-2009, 03:34 PM
Good luck with "the honeys" in Pawtucket. :cool:

chisox12
07-28-2009, 03:37 PM
Good luck to BA. Always enjoyed watching him play the outfield. Too bad the bat never came around. Hope he does well in the future.

Harry Chappas
07-28-2009, 03:40 PM
Thanks for jacking a Cub during the A.J./Barrett brawl. And good luck in Bean Town.

Woofer
07-28-2009, 03:43 PM
Well, good luck to Brian. We had high hopes for you, and it just never materialized.

BadBobbyJenks
07-28-2009, 03:51 PM
http://nbcsportsmedia3.msnbc.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/060520/060520_brawl_vlarge_12p.widec.jpg

B0iD-kat2QI

Frankfan4life
07-28-2009, 03:52 PM
Finally, the BA era/experiment is ovah! :bandance:

jabrch
07-28-2009, 03:53 PM
Good luck...maybe his talent will blossom somewhere else. He was dead here.

Andy T Clown
07-28-2009, 03:57 PM
:gulp:

GregO23
07-28-2009, 04:11 PM
Good luck in Boston BA actually a pretty good spot for him as their are alot of lefty outfielders in the Boston OF. I miss ya already and I will be cheering for you!
:anderson:

thomas35forever
07-28-2009, 04:17 PM
Thanks for your catch in the Blackout Game and for other defensive plays. Hope everything works out for you at a new destination.

Procol Harum
07-28-2009, 04:22 PM
Well Brian, ol' boy, it never worked out with the bat for you here but I can't help but wonder if the way they handled you didn't contribute to that. Anywho, thanks for the great glove, the contributes to the 2005 championship you made in a supporting role in September, and that much commented-upon catch in the Blackout Game. Good luck to you from here on out!

GoGoCrede
07-28-2009, 04:26 PM
Oh, and thanks for playing "All Out of Love" during Joe Crede's return to the Cell earlier this year.

It's Dankerific
07-28-2009, 06:11 PM
Gonna miss watching BA play. He never was given a fair shot here. Somewhere, he's going to be a good player.

Good luck wherever you end up and please start every time your team faces the Sox. We can use all the breaks we can get...

I'll save this quote for you.

Crede sure saves his best for playing us.

voodoochile
07-28-2009, 06:13 PM
Gonna miss watching BA play. He never was given a fair shot here. Somewhere, he's going to be a good player.

Crede? If BA had half of Crede's offensive talent he'd be a starter for the Sox...

It's Dankerific
07-28-2009, 06:21 PM
Crede? If BA had half of Crede's offensive talent he'd be a starter for the Sox...

The point is you want BA to play when his team plays the Sox. We'll see how that works out.

Those are games that _I_ would prefer Brian get a break. Because I _don't_ want to see him perform against us.

WhiteSox1989
07-28-2009, 06:42 PM

Now this is just ridiculous.

WhiteSox1989
07-28-2009, 06:44 PM
http://nbcsportsmedia3.msnbc.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/060520/060520_brawl_vlarge_12p.widec.jpg

HAHAHAHA. I love that game. BA comes out of ****ing nowhere backing up AJ.

That's my 3rd favorite BA moment.

duke of dorwood
07-28-2009, 06:44 PM
Yes he's had chances, yes he hasnt hit and may never have hit here. But he could catch, throw and has the size, speed and strength to be an above average player. I will always think that there was a problem with the manager and maybe the coaches that kept him from reaching his potential here.

Carolina Kenny
07-28-2009, 06:49 PM
Thanks for all the thrills BA.

You will always be a legend. (In your own mind)

CLR01
07-28-2009, 06:50 PM
So long to the best damned centerfielder the Sox have seen in some time. Don't let the haters get you down, they're all just jealous of your talent and their lack of. Rock on, Brian, rock on.

It's Dankerific
07-28-2009, 06:51 PM
so long to the best damned centerfielder the sox have seen in some time. Don't let the haters get you down, they're all just jealous of your talent and their lack of. Rock on, brian, rock on.

x 10^10000

#1swisher
07-28-2009, 07:00 PM
Brian...what can I say. Here's to getting the respect you deserve.:gulp:

jongarlandlover
07-28-2009, 08:23 PM
Brian, I miss you already! Thank you for everything. I hope that you get a better chance than you ever got here; I know you'll prove yourself one day. I wish you nothing but the best of luck in all of your undertakings.

awesomefan
07-28-2009, 10:04 PM
I am one of your biggest fans, Brian & was lookin' forward to hollerin'

I LLLLLLOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVEEEEE YOU when I go to the White Sox vs Yankees game this Sunday. I have seats 4 rows back in centerfield & now it's gonna be sad to not have a chance to see you there.:(:

Hopfully someone can help you with that bat. I just knew you were an awesome person, just by watchin' you play & in the dugout. Looks like some Sox fans here, that got to meet you, feel the same way.

Lookin' forward to seeing you on the MLB Network with whatever team you end up with.....I've already heard more trade rumors about you.

I love it when I catch Juan Uribe, Aaron Rowand, Jon Garland, Nick Swisher, Joe Crede & the likes on Baseball Tonight or the MLB Network

Go B-Rad......Be Bad:tongue:(the good kinda bad)

hi im skot
07-28-2009, 10:13 PM
I am one of your biggest fans, Brian & was lookin' forward to hollerin'

I LLLLLLOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVEEEEE YOU when I go to the White Sox vs Yankees game this Sunday. I have seats 4 rows back in centerfield & now it's gonna be sad to not have a chance to see you there.:(:

Hopfully someone can help you with that bat. I just knew you were an awesome person, just by watchin' you play & in the dugout. Looks like some Sox fans here, that got to meet you, feel the same way.

Lookin' forward to seeing you on the MLB Network with whatever team you end up with.....I've already heard more trade rumors about you.

I love it when I catch Juan Uribe, Aaron Rowand, Jon Garland, Nick Swisher, Joe Crede & the likes on Baseball Tonight or the MLB Network

Go B-Rad......Be Bad:tongue:(the good kinda bad)

Bafia, is that you?

Brian26
07-28-2009, 10:17 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=56699&highlight=arrived

His greatest game...in Seattle.

TornLabrum
07-28-2009, 10:48 PM
Brian Anderson did a couple of WCSF luncheons and seemed to be a good guy based on the table conversation. That being said, he needed to put about .040 points on his batting average.

Scottiehaswheels
07-28-2009, 10:50 PM
Thanks for getting us Kotsay? That's all I have.

BoysMom3
07-28-2009, 11:58 PM
Brian, I am so sad to see you go. Best of luck. Loved your defense. Loved your curls. You were my favorite of my three White Sox boyfriends. :wink:

ode to veeck
07-29-2009, 09:35 AM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=56699&highlight=arrived

His greatest game...in Seattle.

a great BA game ... too bad there were too few more of these in '06

southside rocks
07-29-2009, 11:37 AM
Free to a good home: framed photo of BA hitting a double off of Kenny Rogers in a game at the Cell in 2007. Signed by Anderson with his old number, 44.

Bye, BA. Best of luck to you.

35th&Shields
07-29-2009, 01:07 PM
Thanks, B.A. for your contributions in the 2005 season, and for you doing your best during the rest of your tenure with the White Sox. You seemed to appreciate playing in Chicago and the fans recognize that. You are a major league talent and I sincerely hope a "change of scenery" gets your career to where you are capable of going. Good luck!

PS: Thanks for the catch to end the Black Out game. Best live sporting event I've ever attended.

wmusox9
07-29-2009, 01:38 PM
Thanks for the catch in game 163.
Thanks for giving WSIers something to constantly argue about.
I hope one day that you reach the major league again because in Boston's organization Pawtucket is as far as you will go. But hey thats what you wanted a fresh start.

ChicagoHoosier
07-29-2009, 02:14 PM
I hope you become the player that everyone here hoped you had become on the White Sox. I always rooted for you and defended that you play more. Although the average never came up, you made up for it a bit in the field with some amazing defense. I will root for you and hope you learn how to hit major league pitching and are a success.