PDA

View Full Version : Obsessed with Steve Stone

OmarLittle
07-27-2009, 05:38 PM
http://wrigleyville23.com/2009/07/steve-stones-creepy-little-world.html

Look at all those updates on his Twitter page about the Cubs.

What an embarrassment. I hope he leaves the White Sox broadcasting team.

Pear-Zin-Ski
07-27-2009, 05:42 PM
I wish we could just play baseball and act like all the bull**** on the northside doesn't exist.....

oeo
07-27-2009, 05:42 PM
Yep, I'm so embarrassed. :rolleyes: Take a look at where you're reading this. He's bashing Milton Bradley...Cubs fans should be agreeing with him.

Why does what he posts on Twitter have to do with the Sox? Because he's their color guy? He just loves to make fun of Jim Hendry.

Pear-Zin-Ski
07-27-2009, 05:45 PM
Yep, I'm so embarrassed. :rolleyes:

Why does what he posts on Twitter have to do with the Sox? Because he's their color guy? He just loves to make fun of Jim Hendry.

I'd be bitter with an organization that fired me because I spoke honestly about how TERRIBLE a team full of crybabies was at the end of the season...fine by me though...this is the whole reason why I'm a Sox fan now!

voodoochile
07-27-2009, 05:47 PM
Who knew that DJ was posting as Omar Little at WSI... :dunno:

SoxGirl4Life
07-27-2009, 05:49 PM
I get a good laugh out of his jabs at the Cubs. Highly entertaining.

The Immigrant
07-27-2009, 05:49 PM
He interrupted White Sox Weekly on Saturday with BREAKING NEWS that the Tigers were looking to acquire Milton Bradley from the Cubs. I guess the move would have impacted the White Sox in some indirect fashion, but I thought his choice of forum was not appropriate.

eriqjaffe
07-27-2009, 05:50 PM
He interrupted White Sox Weekly on Saturday with BREAKING NEWS that the Tigers were looking to acquire Milton Bradley from the Cubs. I guess the move would have impacted the White Sox in some indirect fashion, but I thought his choice of forum was not appropriate.But wouldn't the Tigers acquiring Bradley be good news for the Sox? ;)

BadBobbyJenks
07-27-2009, 05:53 PM
I am not embarrassed. But at some point he needs to get over it right?

Konerko05
07-27-2009, 05:55 PM
I've never read his twitter before, but that's pretty funny.

This one made me laugh-

http://assets2.twitter.com/images/icon_lock.gifIts the complete cub experience-zambrano comes unglued-bradley hits like stevie wonder-soriano loses ball in sun-cubs shutout 6-0.

RedHeadPaleHoser
07-27-2009, 05:59 PM
I have no issue with it.

He points out stuff alot of people here (myself included) have been saying for a long time.

The Cubs want accolades when 1 or 2 things go right. When they make a mistake, it's someone else's bag of ****. Stone is making them accountable, albeit in his own way. Then again, they sided with Dusty and let him walk.

JermaineDye05
07-27-2009, 06:09 PM
:threadsucks

Stone is a baseball analyst, he's been a part of both sides of town and shows interest in both teams. He's great in the booth and I wouldn't want to let him go just because of some updates on twitter. Have you noticed he's been updating about the Roy Halladay rumors as well?

Maybe one reason Stoney isn't revealing anything about the White Sox is because he works for the Sox now and Kenny would prefer it that he not leak any information?

Jaysox
07-27-2009, 06:09 PM
Who knew that DJ was posting as Omar Little at WSI... :dunno:

Hahaha! That was great. Seriously though, I don't mind Stoney talking about both Chicago baseball teams. It doesn't really bother me. Maybe I'm in the minority here.

Craig Grebeck
07-27-2009, 07:13 PM
I'd be bitter with an organization that fired me because I spoke honestly about how TERRIBLE a team full of crybabies was at the end of the season...fine by me though...this is the whole reason why I'm a Sox fan now!
He quit.

kevingrt
07-27-2009, 07:18 PM
I am not embarrassed. But at some point he needs to get over it right?

It may be more of an obsession with the head case that is Milton Bradley.

Brian26
07-27-2009, 07:40 PM

Upon a review of your history here at WSI, it appears you've got some Cubbie Blue blood running through your veins. That's fine. Go ahead and root for the Cubs to trade for Jake Peavy. Hope and pray Santo makes the Hall of Fame. Tell us about how great the Cubs rotation is. Laud the northsiders all you want.

Save the worthless Steve Stone attacks for another website that actually gives a flying ****.

Craig Grebeck
07-27-2009, 07:46 PM
Upon a review of your history here at WSI, it appears you've got some Cubbie Blue blood running through your veins. That's fine. Go ahead and root for the Cubs to trade for Jake Peavy. Hope and pray Santo makes the Hall of Fame. Tell us about how great the Cubs rotation is. Laud the northsiders all you want.

Save the worthless Steve Stone attacks for another website that actually gives a flying ****.
I care. I post at this website. I don't want to see our new color-man perpetuate the myth that White Sox fans care a ton about the Cubs.

Brian26
07-27-2009, 08:14 PM
I care. I post at this website. I don't want to see our new color-man perpetuate the myth that White Sox fans care a ton about the Cubs.

Remember that Stone is also paid by WSCR to be a baseball commentator on all of Chicago baseball. I don't see a correlation between what he posts on his Twitter site and what Sox fans care about.

Dibbs
07-27-2009, 08:17 PM
That is a little ridiculous. It seems he IS obsessed with the Cubs.

thomas35forever
07-27-2009, 08:26 PM
:whocares

whitesoxfan
07-27-2009, 08:39 PM
He quit.

Yeah, technically he did. But it was pretty apparent that his "resignation" was similar to Tubby Smith's situation where he was forced out of his job at Kentucky.

Stone's an awesome analyst and we should be glad we have him in the booth.

TheCommander
07-27-2009, 08:50 PM
Remember that Stone is also paid by WSCR to be a baseball commentator on all of Chicago baseball. I don't see a correlation between what he posts on his Twitter site and what Sox fans care about.

Well said. The only thing I am concerned with is how well he does as a Sox color commentator(which he does well IMHO). I couldn't care less about what he does with the rest of his time.

Craig Grebeck
07-27-2009, 08:52 PM
Yeah, technically he did. But it was pretty apparent that his "resignation" was similar to Tubby Smith's situation where he was forced out of his job at Kentucky.

Stone's an awesome analyst and we should be glad we have him in the booth.
He refused an extension.

whitesoxfan
07-27-2009, 08:59 PM
He refused an extension.

He was threatened by several of their players throughout the second half of the season. Why would you come back to that?

minutia
07-27-2009, 08:59 PM
I just read Rosnbloom's blog called "Buzzkill Milton Bradley" http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/rosenblog/2009/07/buzzkill-bradley.html

I skimed the comments and fans are jumping all over him for knocking Bradley. I think one of the bloggers says he is trying leave him alone.

They just can't admit this guy was a huge mistake with a price tag way too high when you factor in you can't unload him to make room in the salary for someone younger or better or both. I just find it amusing.

Craig Grebeck
07-27-2009, 09:31 PM
He was threatened by several of their players throughout the second half of the season. Why would you come back to that?
Just stating the facts. OP I quoted said Steve was canned.

manders_01
07-27-2009, 09:34 PM
I find it more embarrassing that he doesn't use capital letters most of the time and it looks like a twelve-year-old is tweeting. But hey, that's just me. :shrug:

Craig Grebeck
07-27-2009, 09:35 PM
I find it more embarrassing that he doesn't use capital letters most of the time and it looks like a twelve-year-old is tweeting. But hey, that's just me. :shrug:
Yes!

DSpivack
07-27-2009, 09:47 PM
I just read Rosnbloom's blog called "Buzzkill Milton Bradley" http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/rosenblog/2009/07/buzzkill-bradley.html

I skimed the comments and fans are jumping all over him for knocking Bradley. I think one of the bloggers says he is trying leave him alone.

They just can't admit this guy was a huge mistake with a price tag way too high when you factor in you can't unload him to make room in the salary for someone younger or better or both. I just find it amusing.

Those fans have a history of finding a scapegoat to deflect the actual issues, rather than actually pointing blame towards where it is deserved.

JohnnyInnsbrook
07-27-2009, 10:57 PM
http://wrigleyville23.com/2009/07/steve-stones-creepy-little-world.html

Look at all those updates on his Twitter page about the Cubs.

Whats embarrassing about his tweets? The fact that he's honest and writes what he feels? I'd take that any day over the Joe Buck wanabe with the fake voice on the northside. If you dont like his tweets... don't follow him.

DrCrawdad
07-28-2009, 08:17 AM

What a Cubbie fan troll posting on WHITE SOX Interactive? Impossible!

Cubbie fans are fixated on the Cubbies and would NEVER do such a thing as visit a Sox discussion group much less post messages there!

g0g0
07-28-2009, 10:14 AM
Stoney is one of the best commentators in the game IMO. Not too annoying, and gives good tidbits of information. I'm glad he's with the Sox now!

oeo
07-28-2009, 12:21 PM

1. He isn't a White Sox fan.
2. What he posts on ****ing Twitter should not matter. It's not like he's spewing **** about the Cubs during White Sox broadcasts. What he does during his own time is none of our business.

Here's some advice if you or Cubs fans don't like it: don't read it. No one is forcing you.

tstrike2000
07-28-2009, 01:11 PM
Perhaps Stone could lay off a little on what he posts about the Cubs, but I agree with many that it's entertaining. Stone had a long career in the Cubs broadcast booth and in the Chicago media so I can understand why he comments on the Cubs, especially the critical comments. He recognizes they have some talented players, most of whom are headcases. The Cubs can have Brenly as their color guy as I'm glad we have Stoney who has always been one of the best color guys in the business.

Foulke You
07-28-2009, 01:42 PM
Most of Stone's comments are bashing Milton Bradley. Steve has been very consistent on that topic. He was on WSCR for weeks leading up the Bradley signing saying it would be a huge mistake for the Cubs to sign him. I think his twitters have more to do with saying "I told you so" than anything specific about the North Siders.

doublem23
07-29-2009, 02:05 AM
Stone accidentally called the Sox the Cubs during tonight's game.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!

BleacherBandit
07-29-2009, 02:06 AM
Stone accidentally called the Sox the Cubs during tonight's game.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!

Yeah, but he corrected himself right away. :rolleyes:

Madscout
07-29-2009, 04:02 PM
The guy covers Chicago baseball.

The guys on the the Northside play the game, not well, but they do play.

He is the only guy that I trust in Chicago having to do with the game, a standup guy, and he knows the game inside out.

Rohan
07-30-2009, 04:31 PM
:threadsucks

Stone is a baseball analyst, he's been a part of both sides of town and shows interest in both teams. He's great in the booth and I wouldn't want to let him go just because of some updates on twitter. Have you noticed he's been updating about the Roy Halladay rumors as well?

Maybe one reason Stoney isn't revealing anything about the White Sox is because he works for the Sox now and Kenny would prefer it that he not leak any information?

Well said.

OmarLittle
07-30-2009, 05:30 PM

Give me a break. Paranoid much? Want me to upload pictures of both my Konerko jerseys? Or my Sox hat?

I've never lived in Chicago, because of that I have no hate towards the Cubs. I find it kind of weird how so many people here hate them when the teams play in different leagues.

Unlike some people here, I try to look at things objectively.

Taliesinrk
07-30-2009, 06:25 PM
Give me a break. Paranoid much? Want me to upload pictures of both my Konerko jerseys? Or my Sox hat?

I've never lived in Chicago, because of that I have no hate towards the Cubs. I find it kind of weird how so many people here hate them when the teams play in different leagues.

It doesn't sound as though you understand the dynamic between the two teams and what it's like to live in the area. Not blaming you.. just saying, the people may not be weird/non-objective if you were closer to the situation.

chisoxfanatic
07-30-2009, 06:47 PM

NOONE who hasn't or doesn't live here understands how intense this crosstown thing is. I see you are located in Vancouver. Is that the one in British Columbia or Washington? If it's the previous, you'd maybe understand how Sox/Cubs is here in Chicago if I explained it to you this way. Take the Oilers/Flames rivalry in the NHL and multiply it by 100.

doublem23
07-30-2009, 06:50 PM

You can't "look at something objectively" that you don't understand.

BTW, this is a White Sox fan site. If you haven't noticed, we're not in the market for objectivity.

We proudly admit to being "Totally Biased, Utterly Petty, Completely Unobjective."

http://whitesoxinteractive.com/Columnists/Bova/AllAboutWSI.htm