PDA

View Full Version : What this season is going to come down to

HawkDJ
06-05-2002, 10:12 AM
This season is going to come down to how we play the Twinkies. We have 19 games against them. Thats alot. If we play the same way we did against them last year, I don't care if we have a 5 game lead, we stand no chance. However, if we can show that we can beat them we've got a great chance. Only if we show we can't beat the Twinkies can you think about giving up on this season and this team.

KruseControl04
06-05-2002, 10:29 AM
I agree. If we're going to win this division we're going to have to do a lot better against the Twins than we did last year. I mean a lot better. But if we keep sucking like we are right now, nothing is going to help us win this division, not even beating the Twinkies.

MarqSox
06-05-2002, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by KruseControl04
I agree. If we're going to win this division we're going to have to do a lot better against the Twins than we did last year. I mean a lot better. But if we keep sucking like we are right now, nothing is going to help us win this division, not even beating the Twinkies.

Definitely, but with 19 games left against them, all this talk of waving the white flag is absurd. Now, if we lose the first 6 or 7 games against the Twins, then I'll agree that the season is lost. But let's see how we play Minnie.

PaleHoseGeorge
06-05-2002, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by MarqSox
Definitely, but with 19 games left against them, all this talk of waving the white flag is absurd. Now, if we lose the first 6 or 7 games against the Twins, then I'll agree that the season is lost. But let's see how we play Minnie.

Exactly. We haven't played a single game against the division leaders. Unfortunately, based on our head-to-head record against them last year, I'm less optimistic than others here about our chances to make up ground against them. That Hump Dome is tailor-made to make us look like fools. :(:

raul12
06-05-2002, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

That Hump Dome is tailor-made to make us look like fools. :(:

that concrete carpet is vicious. it will definitely test our infield defense. and as i affectionately call it...the roller dome. even routine rollers in grass parks go all the way to the wall on that surface.

Iwritecode
06-05-2002, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by HawkDJ2k2
This season is going to come down to how we play the Twinkies. We have 19 games against them. Thats alot. If we play the same way we did against them last year, I don't care if we have a 5 game lead, we stand no chance. However, if we can show that we can beat them we've got a great chance. Only if we show we can't beat the Twinkies can you think about giving up on this season and this team.

It's exactly what last season came down to so I'm not really surprised that it's the same way this year. If we would have even won half the games we played against them we would have been in first. That should be the goal this year is to win at least 10 of the 19 games. Then we just have to worry about winning against everyone else and quit getting beat by the crappy Royals and the crappy Jndjans...

bc2k
06-06-2002, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by HawkDJ2k2

You're right HawkDJ2k2. That is why I'm itching to play Minnesota. As a fan I want revenge on the team that kept us out of the playoffs. I assume the Sox players are even more eager to get a piece of them.

This is what the Sox need to break out of their slump; a high intensity series to show some life. If we take 3 of four June 24-27 in their dome, we can really scare them. I wish we could start this series tomorrow. Take that first series meeting, take the division.