PDA

View Full Version : Ozzie: Everything is quiet with the White Sox.

Whitesoxfan23
07-25-2009, 05:57 PM
According to Ozzie, it doesn't look like there will be any trades on the Southside.

www.mlbtraderumors.com (http://www.mlbtraderumors.com)

Thome25
07-25-2009, 06:36 PM
Don't believe that for one minute.......when things seem "quiet" that's when KW is working his magic behind the scenes. When there's rumors regarding the White Sox, that's usually when nothing's going to happen.

Under the radar baby......under the radar.

Noneck
07-25-2009, 06:37 PM
I pray he is out of the loop.

Whitesoxfan23
07-25-2009, 06:39 PM

Me and you both buddy.

october23sp
07-25-2009, 07:24 PM
Let's get a closer.

ViPeRx007
07-25-2009, 07:25 PM
Let's get a closer.

lolz....oh wait..... :(:

Noneck
07-25-2009, 07:26 PM
He is wrong. They could be selling by thursday.

hi im skot
07-25-2009, 07:29 PM
Everything...including the offense.

BleacherBandit
07-25-2009, 07:33 PM
Well I don't know how much KW wants to win if there are going to be no trades. It doesn't need to be flashy, it just needs to work. That shouldn't be too hard...

Viva Medias B's
07-25-2009, 07:34 PM
Translation: We're flying under the radar.

07-25-2009, 07:39 PM
If this is true, season is over. We need a bullpen piece and another starter.

ViPeRx007
07-25-2009, 07:46 PM
Doesn't make much sense to stand pat. Might as well start selling if they aren't going after anybody. I don't see this team making much noise as is. There have been far too many "dead" games for it to be a coincidence. This is just an average team right now.

Chicago5oooh
07-25-2009, 07:59 PM
Doesn't make much sense to stand pat. Might as well start selling if they aren't going after anybody. I don't see this team making much noise as is. There have been far too many "dead" games for it to be a coincidence. This is just an average team right now.

Exactly. **** or get off the pot. Playing the middle will get you middle results. Sell or buy Kenny.

hawkjt
07-25-2009, 08:01 PM

They have won 8 of their last 11 series now with losses vs tigers,twins, and cleveland? Not like they are a horrible team. Coming into the tiger series they had the best record in the AL since june 20.

They are good enough to win this division with a healthy group they have here. Long way to go.

Lip Man 1
07-25-2009, 08:07 PM
Hawk:

We'll see where they are after the schedule from hell the next month won't we?

Lip

JB98
07-25-2009, 08:20 PM
At the All-Star break, I think it was Lip who suggested KW would wait as long as he could to determine what to do at the deadline.

I responded by saying nothing would really be decided before then, though, because the Sox would continue to win about half their games.

Ten games later, we have five more wins and five more losses. And we're still three out in the division. Nothing has really changed, and nothing will change unless KW makes a move.

PhillipsBubba
07-25-2009, 08:50 PM

He's certainly out of his mind....I don't put stock in anything that goof says...

october23sp
07-26-2009, 01:31 PM
Didn't this same thing happen last year, then BANG: Griffey is a member of the White Sox.

Pear-Zin-Ski
07-26-2009, 01:34 PM
Didn't this same thing happen last year, then BANG: Griffey is a member of the White Sox.

It can't get any wosre than that right?! I mean yeah Griff was nice to have but he factored in ONE game...make me proud Kenny!

Any more talk with the Orioles?

DumpJerry
07-26-2009, 01:40 PM
We'll get Geoff Blum. He was Mr. Who-Is-He a few year ago. It paid off.

jabrch
07-26-2009, 10:47 PM
The last place I'd look to find out what is going on in the Sox Front Office is press conferences or interviews with the GM and the manager. I mean - remember when Guillen told us KW was going after Peavy? Oh wait - he didn't. How about when he tipped the fans off about the Sox trading for Thome? Wait - he didn't?

Don't listen to Guillen if you want insight into KW's actions. Bad idea...

parlaycard
07-26-2009, 11:41 PM
Don't believe that for one minute.......when things seem "quiet" that's when KW is working his magic behind the scenes. When there's rumors regarding the White Sox, that's usually when nothing's going to happen.

Under the radar baby......under the radar.

It was real quiet when the Peavy deal was announced too.

Unlike many GMS, Kenny doesnt feel the need to inform the media about any teams hes talking to or players hes interested in.

parlaycard
07-26-2009, 11:44 PM

And you really wish you had Nick Massett, dont you?

That was a very bad trade for the Sox.

I hope they made a **** load selling Griffey jerseys for 3 weeks.

jabrch
07-26-2009, 11:54 PM

That was a very bad trade for the Sox.

I hope they made a **** load selling Griffey jerseys for 3 weeks.

I didn't hear anyone clamouring to keep Nick Massett in 2008 or 2007. Where can I get your secret hindsight goggles?

slavko
07-27-2009, 12:15 AM
I didn't hear anyone clamouring to keep Nick Massett in 2008 or 2007. Where can I get your secret hindsight goggles?

I wasn't clamoring, but I thought he had closer potential when Jenks was going through last year's agony and said so here. I also said Griffey was kaput when we got him and he gave us no more than (gasp) Jerry Owens would have.

chisoxfanatic
07-27-2009, 01:06 AM
I wasn't clamoring, but I thought he had closer potential when Jenks was going through last year's agony and said so here. I also said Griffey was kaput when we got him and he gave us no more than (gasp) Jerry Owens would have.
Jerry Owens wouldn't have nailed Michael Cuddyer at home plate in Game 163. :cool:

Noneck
07-27-2009, 01:08 AM
With tonight's win the Sox should have a 0% chance now of being a seller.

I just hope they are a buyer, even marginally. Showing that they are trying to make something happen, is very important. At this point, sitting on their hands is only 1 step down from selling.

Ron Karkovice
07-27-2009, 10:47 AM
If this is true, season is over. We need a bullpen piece and another starter.

Richard is pitching like a number 1/2 starter right now. Ozzie just needs to let him know that every single game he pitches is a "must-win."

Though he may be heading to the bullpen soon :scratch:

spawn
07-27-2009, 11:04 AM

Not really. He sucked while he was here.

soxfanreggie
07-27-2009, 11:09 AM
I have expected us to make a minor signing before the trade deadline, a Geoff Blum-type guy, or maybe not something until the waiver wire when we have a better picture of where we're at. The prices there at waiver deadline will also likely be a lot, lot lower.

Domeshot17
07-27-2009, 11:12 AM
Richard is pitching like a number 1/2 starter right now. Ozzie just needs to let him know that every single game he pitches is a "must-win."

Though he may be heading to the bullpen soon :scratch:

I wouldn't say Richard is throwing like a top rotation guy after 2 starts. If anything, what scares me is how inconsistent he is. He has thrown big time, and he has shot us in the foot early.

I don't know if I like the other options any better however, Colon, Freddy, I would rather get a guy who can keep a winning streak going.

parlaycard
07-27-2009, 10:28 PM
Jerry Owens wouldn't have nailed Michael Cuddyer at home plate in Game 163. :cool:

Actually he might have, that ball wasnt that deep.

Griffey was a good OF years ago, not last year.

I t was a nice play though.

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.

parlaycard
07-27-2009, 10:30 PM
Not really. He sucked while he was here.

Not really? A guy with these numbers who makes 400k per season wouldnt look good in the bullpen right about now?

42.1 IP 4 wins, 0 losses, 2.55 ERA 39 K's 14 BB

It would suck to have had him, because the Sox wouldnt have let Mike MacDougal pitch this season, and that was a hell of a lot of fun.

slavko
07-28-2009, 06:33 PM

Cherry-picking one play out of 2 months of slow, fat and can't hit anymore proves my point.