PDA

View Full Version : Article on Dave Wills call of the perfect game

spongyfungy
07-25-2009, 12:19 PM
Wills makes call after Freed's 'selfless act' (http://www2.tbo.com/content/2009/jul/25/sp-wills-makes-call-after-freeds-selfless-act/sports-rays/)

Basically the two announcers alternate play by play duties and it was Freed's turn to call the game in the ninth but he turned the duties over to Wills.

I heard the Wise catch on ESPN 1000 but I have not heard his final out call yet. I'm not going to plunk down $20 to hear mlb gameday audio though.

Also of note, they are replaying the game on mlb tv on sunday 9 am central

ode to veeck
07-25-2009, 01:08 PM
Also of note, they are replaying the game on mlb tv on sunday 9 am central

not showing up in the broadcast sched at directv or mlb network http://www.mlb.com/network/schedule/?ymd=20090726

Noneck
07-25-2009, 02:52 PM
I just heard the call of the final out on this week in baseball on Fox. I dont know if it was Wills or Stats but it was the best call I have heard of the perfect game so far.

skobabe8
07-25-2009, 03:12 PM
That's awesome. Willsy is great and I hope he ends up back here some day.

spongyfungy
07-25-2009, 03:22 PM
not showing up in the broadcast sched at directv or mlb network http://www.mlb.com/network/schedule/?ymd=20090726

someone said they saw a commercial for it in the comcast replay thread. Also in the article on the bottom it says they are replaying it. I think they are bumping "this old cub" documentary of Ron Santo

I just heard the call of the final out on this week in baseball on Fox. I dont know if it was Wills or Stats but it was the best call I have heard of the perfect game so far.

Man, I wish I heard it. More curious than anything

manders_01
07-25-2009, 03:43 PM

Is TWIB replayed or available online (I didn't find it with a quick search)? My dish went out last night so I missed it and I bet it was full of the wonder that is Mark Buehrle. :whiner:

Noneck
07-25-2009, 03:48 PM
Is TWIB replayed or available online (I didn't find it with a quick search)? My dish went out last night so I missed it and I bet it was full of the wonder that is Mark Buehrle. :whiner:
I dont know, It was in the middle of the show and harrelsons call was at the end.

ChiSoxGirl
07-25-2009, 03:56 PM

YES!!! I was out until a little while ago and made sure I set my VCR to tape TWIB for this.

NDSox12
07-25-2009, 04:07 PM
I think they are bumping "this old cub" documentary of Ron Santo

Cool. My TiVo was already set to record "This Old Cub" anyway, so I'm good to go!

Tragg
07-25-2009, 07:21 PM
Will left Chicago, what, 1 year before we had an opening?
Too bad.
I liked his pre and post-game work in the day.

Fenway
07-25-2009, 07:45 PM
Andy Freed is a class act as I have know him since he did AA Trenton and AAA Pawtucket.

There is a very good chance he will go to Boston when Joe Castigleone retires as he has many friends on Yawkey Way.

Dave did a great jon with the final inning even saying with one out even most Rays fans want to see Mark do it.

Staats did a great job on TV and I know for a fact Bristol wishes they had used the Tampa feed as Hawk went a little overboard.

ewokpelts
07-28-2009, 12:25 PM
Andy Freed is a class act as I have know him since he did AA Trenton and AAA Pawtucket.

There is a very good chance he will go to Boston when Joe Castigleone retires as he has many friends on Yawkey Way.

Dave did a great jon with the final inning even saying with one out even most Rays fans want to see Mark do it.

Staats did a great job on TV and I know for a fact Bristol wishes they had used the Tampa feed as Hawk went a little overboard.

ya think?

dickallen15
07-29-2009, 12:13 PM

Yeah, ESPN will never understand why anyone could get so excited about something a White Sox did.

I loved Hawk's call. The best part was it was geniune.

PKalltheway
07-29-2009, 09:59 PM

Oh come on. It was a perfect game for crying out loud, something that has only happened 18 times in MLB history. I loved Hawk's call.