PDA

View Full Version : Jason Stumm

LongDistanceFan
06-05-2002, 10:23 AM
from BA

Righthander Jason Stumm, a first-round pick in 1999, was working on a controlled schedule with Kannapolis after elbow surgeries the last two seasons.

i didn't know he had 2 surgeries............. i thought it was 1....... this was a kid with great potential.............. i hope he comes around........... several yrs ago his fastball top 99 but he pitch in the 95's............ if memory serves me....

Randar68
06-05-2002, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
from BA

Righthander Jason Stumm, a first-round pick in 1999, was working on a controlled schedule with Kannapolis after elbow surgeries the last two seasons.

i didn't know he had 2 surgeries............. i thought it was 1....... this was a kid with great potential.............. i hope he comes around........... several yrs ago his fastball top 99 but he pitch in the 95's............ if memory serves me....

2 scoreless innings last night. He is working out of relief on a schedule. Pitched well so far, but his K:IP ratio is still not back to where it was. He still has great stuff, hopefully he can keep his arm attached to his shoulder and his elbow in 1 piece.

LongDistanceFan
06-05-2002, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Randar68

2 scoreless innings last night. He is working out of relief on a schedule. Pitched well so far, but his K:IP ratio is still not back to where it was. He still has great stuff, hopefully he can keep his arm attached to his shoulder and his elbow in 1 piece. did you hear that he had 2 surgeries???????? i thought it was 1.

Randar68
06-05-2002, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
did you hear that he had 2 surgeries???????? i thought it was 1.

Well, If I recall correctly, he came back from the Tommy John Surgery to pitch in the AFL last year. Then, I had heard rumblings about him still having problems, possibly nerve related, due to the first surgery, and was having a procedure. I don't know if it was very serious or not. Again, just going on memory here...

LongDistanceFan
06-05-2002, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by Randar68

Well, If I recall correctly, he came back from the Tommy John Surgery to pitch in the AFL last year. Then, I had heard rumblings about him still having problems, possibly nerve related, due to the first surgery, and was having a procedure. I don't know if it was very serious or not. Again, just going on memory here... that