PDA

View Full Version : Any video of Buehrle's perfect game from the Rays side?

ViPeRx007
07-24-2009, 10:04 PM
We all know about Hawk's epic call on the final out of Buehrle's perfect game but can anyone find video of the Ray's announcers? I'm just curious what their call was like.

I've searched youtube, mlb.com etc. and can't seem to find anything but the Hawkaroo's.

soxfan43
07-24-2009, 10:05 PM
Isn't Wills one of their broadcasters? I'd have to imagine he had a good call for it.

Viva Medias B's
07-24-2009, 10:21 PM
Wills called the game on radio, and Dewayne Staats (former Cubs WGN-TV announcer) called it on TV for the Rays.

Lip Man 1
07-24-2009, 10:34 PM
Dave sent me his audio links for Wise's play and the final out today.

I've got to tell you his call on the catch was terrific, absolutely first rate.

Lip

soxfan43
07-24-2009, 11:08 PM

Lip

I can only imagine. I hold out hope that Wills will return to the Southside as a broadcaster sometime down the road.

michned
07-24-2009, 11:44 PM

Lip

Anyone with mlb.tv or Gameday Audio will be able to pull it up and hear it. And Lip is right. Wills' call of Wise's catch was fantastic!

Viva Medias B's
07-25-2009, 07:17 AM

Lip

The White Sox fan in Dave certainly came out on Wise's catch. He was happy about the final out, too, but that call was a little more subtle.

Bump34
07-25-2009, 10:15 AM
Thanks for the kind words on the Wise catch call... Deep down inside I was extremely happy for Mark...but at the same time my team lost...

hawkjt
07-25-2009, 11:43 AM
Bump...just know that even tho there is a fledging rivalry between the Rays and Sox, they are not hated by Sox fans...Maddon is a good guy, and the Rays play with class on the field...and their ovation for Buehrle in the dugout after the game was not overlooked hereabouts either...very cool.
Hope we meet again in October...for the ALCS.

JermaineDye05
07-25-2009, 01:01 PM
If you're subscribed to mlb.tv then you can watch the Rays broadcast of the game.

LITTLE NELL
07-25-2009, 02:05 PM
I watched the whole game on the Rays outlet down here in SW Florida, Staats has always been a class act even when he was with the Cubs and he did an adimirable job considering his team was the victim of a perfect game.

SOX LA Mikey
07-26-2009, 02:17 AM
the 'U' forced me to watch Wed night's game on FSN Florida
and Staats CRIED for 3 innings about Alexei not being called out
on strikes just B4 lashing his 2 run triple. His hairpiece is godawful too.