PDA

View Full Version : Cubs Fan Featured On Failblog

VeeckAsInWreck
07-24-2009, 07:46 PM
I thought this picture was already funny and then I went ahead and looked closely at the bill of his hat and it made it 1,000 times funnier.

http://failblog.org/2009/07/24/hat-fail/

rdwj
07-24-2009, 08:50 PM
That's pretty funny

soxfan43
07-24-2009, 09:24 PM
That's great.

Over By There
07-25-2009, 07:26 AM
:hawk
"I loooove Failblog."

WSox597
07-25-2009, 07:54 AM
Wearing a baseball hat backwards looks stupid on anybody who's not a baseball catcher or a welder.

But hey, it's "kewl".

PatK
07-25-2009, 11:44 AM
Wearing a baseball hat backwards looks stupid on anybody who's not a baseball catcher or a welder.

But hey, it's "kewl".

Wearing a hat anyways than straight forward looks stupid.

TornLabrum
07-25-2009, 02:32 PM

Unless you're a catcher from any era before the 1970s.

mzh
07-26-2009, 10:43 PM
Unless you're a catcher from any era before the 1970s.

Unless your Ken Griffey jr :redneck

I totally agree, however, why not just wear one of those old leather football helmets. You get the same head coverage with more padding!

GoGoCrede
07-26-2009, 11:21 PM
Yeah. It took me awhile to get why it was fail. :redface:

Rohan
07-26-2009, 11:48 PM
I wear my hat backwards pretty often actually. Sometimes i just like to not have to deal with the brim. A lot of times when i'm playing sports i like to turn it backwards so i don't have to deal with the wind resistance.

Nellie_Fox
07-27-2009, 12:19 AM
I wear my hat backwards pretty often actually. Sometimes i just like to not have to deal with the brim.Then why wear the hat? Perhaps a beanie would be more to your liking, no brim to deal with at all!

A lot of times when i'm playing sports i like to turn it backwards so i don't have to deal with the wind resistance.Yeah, I'd imagine that hat brim creates sufficient aerodynamic drag to knock 2-3 MPH off of your top speed. :rolling:

BadBobbyJenks
07-27-2009, 01:52 AM
Damn you, I just realized I spent an hour looking at failblog.

whitem0nkey
07-27-2009, 09:00 AM

But hey, it's "kewl".

:geezer:

spawn
07-27-2009, 09:06 AM

But hey, it's "kewl".

That's your opinion. I wear my hat backwards all the time, and not becasue I think it's 'kewl". It just feels comfortable for me.

beasly213
07-27-2009, 10:20 AM
That's your opinion. I wear my hat backwards all the time, and not becasue I think it's 'kewl". It just feels comfortable for me.

Ditto on that one.
Sometimes a hat also just looks better backwards.

WisSoxFan
07-27-2009, 11:07 AM
I was once told by a college baseball coach that you never wear your team's hat backwards. You only wear the hats of others backwards. Apparently it's taboo and/or disrespectful, at least in the collegiate baseball world, to wear your own hat backwards.

Huisj
07-27-2009, 11:27 AM
Ditto on that one.

By looks better, you mean it's cool, er, kewl?

thomas35forever
07-27-2009, 11:35 AM
1ytCEuuW2_A

hi im skot
07-27-2009, 11:44 AM
1ytCEuuW2_A

http://www.pacdudegames.com/fail/

UofCSoxFan
07-27-2009, 02:34 PM
I added the pic to my signature as soon as I saw it...my thunder has been officially stolen.

MarySwiss
07-27-2009, 06:25 PM

Ditto on that one.

Then I guess I probably shouldn't tell you guys that North had his hat on backwards on "Monsters" this morning. :cool:

And no, I was not watching it. MrMarySwiss--who's a bit of a masochist--was.

(Full disclosure: I also wear my Sox cap backwards sometimes, but that's because it makes me look like less of a dork! I'm more of a sun visor person!)

manders_01
07-27-2009, 08:42 PM
I especially like the comment about how none of the other people commenting know anything about baseball because he's just wearing his rally cap. One can only hope that there was some implied teal going on there. Otherwise, jeez, that's just scary! :thud:

manders_01
07-27-2009, 08:44 PM
Yeah. It took me awhile to get why it was fail. :redface:

When I saw it on UofCSoxFan's sig yesterday, I had to fess up to him that it took me a while as well. :D:

DSpivack
07-27-2009, 08:49 PM
I especially like the comment about how none of the other people commenting know anything about baseball because he's just wearing his rally cap. One can only hope that there was some implied teal going on there. Otherwise, jeez, that's just scary! :thud:

Rally caps? D'oh!

Gavin
07-27-2009, 09:12 PM
LOL. I wear hats backwards sometimes. Sometimes I wear them forward. I don't know anyone my age (25) that seems to think wearing a hat backwards is lame. In fact, that's the first time I've heard it. And I know lots of old people.

chisoxfanatic
07-27-2009, 11:03 PM
LOL. I wear hats backwards sometimes. Sometimes I wear them forward. I don't know anyone my age (25) that seems to think wearing a hat backwards is lame. In fact, that's the first time I've heard it. And I know lots of old people.
My grandpa would always get ultra pissed off at me when I'd wear my hat backwards. He always told me that it made me look like a gangster.

pythons007
07-28-2009, 03:36 PM
My grandpa would always get ultra pissed off at me when I'd wear my hat backwards. He always told me that it made me look like a gangster.

Growing up watching Ken Griffey Jr. and all the home run derbies he was he always wore his backwards. I love his explaination of why he did it. I like wearing my hat backwards and now my 2 year old wears my hats like that. I think its hilarious.

Now if you think wearing your hat backwards is stupid, what about C.C. and all those other assclowns who wear the tilt!??!!?

Nellie_Fox
07-29-2009, 01:02 AM
Now if you think wearing your hat backwards is stupid, what about C.C. and all those other assclowns who wear the tilt!??!!?Just varying degrees of stupid, but since the "turned to the side" began as a way of representing your gang, I'll put it on a higher plane of stupid.

chisoxfanatic
07-29-2009, 01:08 AM
Growing up watching Ken Griffey Jr. and all the home run derbies he was he always wore his backwards. I love his explaination of why he did it. I like wearing my hat backwards and now my 2 year old wears my hats like that. I think its hilarious.

Now if you think wearing your hat backwards is stupid, what about C.C. and all those other assclowns who wear the tilt!??!!?
What's funny is that my uncle who lived in Norfolk and knew of the Admirals hockey team visited during one of grandpa's rants at me, and he blurted out "I know why she wears her hat backwards now that I've seen some of the Admirals players...She just wants to be like the hockey players!" :D:

Truth be told, I started doing it when I saw Jeremy Roenick interviewed wearing the hat back.

doublem23
07-29-2009, 01:13 AM
Can we at least all agree that wearing your hat backwards and then having to shade your eyes from the sun is lame?

Sheesh, people.

Though, this does remind me of one of my favorite George Carlin specials, when he rips on white, adult males who think they're cool because they wear their hats backwards. Sure enough, the camera finds one guy wearing his hat backwards, getting ripped on by his friends. Awesome.

haganaga
08-07-2009, 01:53 PM
Not sure if you guys check out failblog.org but saw this so decided to post it. Kind of funny. Not LOL funny, but pretty funny.

Chrisaway
08-07-2009, 01:59 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=113945

haganaga
08-07-2009, 02:03 PM
Dammit. Was on vacation when that was posted. Must do a search next time. :redface:

rwcescato
08-08-2009, 10:27 AM
That's great.

That is good. That is rich.:D:

johnr1note
08-10-2009, 06:38 AM
I have discovered that the bill of my cap sometimes interferes with the flash on my digital camera, so I have to turn my hat backwards when I'm taking pictures.

Huisj
08-10-2009, 09:40 AM
I have discovered that the bill of my cap sometimes interferes with the flash on my digital camera, so I have to turn my hat backwards when I'm taking pictures.

I don't think this guy was having that problem.

It reminds me of an umpire we had a few years ago in an IM softball game. We were playing at evening game, and the sun was straight out in centerfield. The umpire stood behind the plate with a backwards Mets hat on the whole time, and he was squinting like crazy the entire time and couldn't see anything. But turn the hat around? No no, he couldn't do that.