PDA

View Full Version : Time For A Change With This Team

ChiSoxBobette
06-05-2002, 07:15 AM
If anyone really thinks the Sox are going to win this division from what I've seen with this team they're NUTS , Tuesday night the twins destroyed a team that we just got waxed by and every win in our division over a division rival by the twins just gives them confidence that they are the team in the central. they beat the indians brains out 23 - 4 , we on the otherhand can't score enough runs off of another unknown pitcher with an era over 7 to win even when our best pitcher is going. I said it before it's time to get this manager & coaching staff out. Why did'nt we have Liefer pitch hitting in the last inning against hernandez, Manuel might as well used clayton to hit - HEY JR/KW Jerry Manuel has lost this team it's time for a change. If they can't win this series the next series against the expos & the following one against the mets they could be so far out of it that we'll be seeing another white flag trade before the all-star break. Some of the things manuel does being a veteran manager you would think they gave him the job off the street. Another thing I want to know is what does manuel & KW have against Joe Crede I mean what does this guy have to do to get called up , he can't be any less of a hitter than Carlos Lee or Tony Graffanino right now - maybe we are going to trade him for another Todd Ritchie. I heard KW last night with John Rooney before the game and it's like there is no problems with this team - John Rooney even went as far as to say to KW that this team does'nt look like a team that had just lost 7 straight , well maybe thats the problem they don't care! :angry: :angry:

kevingrt
06-05-2002, 08:15 AM
we on the otherhand can't score enough runs off of another unknown pitcher with an era over 7 to win even when our best pitcher is going

You have to remember this guy one hit the Halos over 5.1 innings

Kilroy
06-05-2002, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by ChiSoxBob
If anyone really thinks the Sox are going to win this division from what I've seen with this team they're NUTS , Tuesday night the twins destroyed a team that we just got waxed by and every win in our division over a division rival by the twins just gives them confidence that they are the team in the central...

Step back from the ledge pal. The sky is not falling. This same team that you say can't win also took 2 of 3 from the best team in baseball in the BoSox, and should have taken 2 of 3 from the Yanks last week. They are not as bad as they look right now. GET HOLD OF YOURSELF FOR CHRISSAKES!!!

And the fact that the Twinks beat the Toons 23-2 doesn't make them that much better than the Jndians or anyone else. It just means that Minnesota had a day where they could do no wrong on the same day the Jndians could do no right. It happens.

You act like the season ends in 2 weeks.

The Sox should have, at the very least, gone to extra frames last night. And playing their normal game, they would have beat Ascencio like a drum. They are in a slump right now. It will pass...

duke of dorwood
06-05-2002, 08:41 AM
Last time I checked, 23-2 equals 1 win only. I hope the Twinks get a new park-to get them out of there.

Spiff
06-05-2002, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Kilroy
should have taken 2 of 3 from the Yanks last week.

Lots of should-have's with this team, not a lot of did's.

Kilroy
06-05-2002, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Spiff

Lots of should-have's with this team, not a lot of did's.

I agree, but I'm just trying to point out what they are capable of, which is much better than what we are seeing right now.

ChiSoxBobette
06-05-2002, 10:36 AM
Just ranting I agree that we should calm down but I don't think Jerry Manuel has this team anymore , and I still would like to know what KW & JM have against Joe Crede coming up. I don't think this team is pissed off enough, and yes 23-2 twins over indians is only one win but every win the twinkies get (especially that big over the injuns)makes them more confident & we still have last year hanging over us with the twins so until I see the Sox pound the twinkies or get back on a big time roll like I said this can get out of hand real quick.
Go White Sox

calming down ahhhh!! :gulp:

Soxboyrob
06-05-2002, 10:39 AM
Why did'nt we have Liefer pitch hitting in the last inning against hernandez, Manuel might as well used clayton to hit - HEY JR/KW Jerry Manuel has lost this team it's time for a change.

Actually, this is simple....
We don't have a third catcher. Johnson had already been removed for a pinch hitter and Alomar was his replacement. Jer will not pinch hit for the simple reason of...gasp...we might make extra innings and have to use a scab catcher. Personally, I'd take extra innings w/ a scab catcher over losing in 9 innings any day.

kevingrt
06-05-2002, 01:13 PM
Actually, this is simple....We don't have a third catcher. Johnson had already been removed for a pinch hitter and Alomar was his replacement. Jer will not pinch hit for the simple reason of...gasp...we might make extra innings and have to use a scab catcher. Personally, I'd take extra innings w/ a scab catcher over losing in 9 innings any day.

Yeah but who would you rather have hittin, a rookie who doesn't have experience, a .239 Jeff Liefer. Or someone that has proven in years past he can hit in the clutch, a .294 Sandy Alomar Jr?

Up to you but you know my pick!

doublem23
06-05-2002, 03:51 PM
If anyone really thinks the Sox are going to win this division from what I've seen with this team they're NUTS

Jerry Reinsdorf???