PDA

View Full Version : Cub fan is a jerk

LITTLE NELL
07-24-2009, 02:22 PM
So one of the guys in my golf group (I run a group of 24) is a Cub fan.
I see him this morning on the putting green and asked him how he liked Marks perfecto, says he's a good pitcher but its too bad he's not on a good team.
At that point I went ballistic and pointed out that since 2000 we have one of the best records in MLB have won 3 divisions and a WS and are tied for first place right now and asked when was the last time his team won a WS, that shut him up but he is very close to being thrown out of the the golf group(just about all the guys would give me a medal).
PS. My team won our event today and his came in last!!!

TommyJohn
07-24-2009, 02:32 PM
that shut him up but he is very close to being thrown out of the the golf group(just about all the guys would give me a medal).
Sounds like he ain't too nice of a guy.

pythons007
07-24-2009, 03:17 PM

Sounds like a typical Cub fan to me.

LITTLE NELL
07-24-2009, 03:17 PM
He's not plus he cheats. He is already on a short leash for fudging his handicap.

Smokey Burg
07-24-2009, 03:26 PM
Cheating on a golf score is unacceptable, quite possibly one of the lowest human acts, it is nearly the equivalent of lying during confession or under oath. I feel a fitting punishment would be tying him to the 200 yard post on the driving range and letting him get pelted for several hours. Cheating while in a golf league, cast him out, cast him out!!!!!

PatK
07-24-2009, 03:42 PM
If he gets caught cheating again, make him play Texas rules.

I think forum rules prevent me from explaining exactly what that entails.

LongLiveFisk
07-24-2009, 03:45 PM
Sounds like a typical Cub fan to me.

Not ever wanting to give someone who isn't a Cub (especially on a rival team) seems to be a recurring theme with them, from my own personal experience. So this doesn't surprise me one bit.

VeeckAsInWreck
07-24-2009, 03:50 PM
Actually it just sounds like this guy is just a jackass regardless of what team he likes.

I seem to know several of the good Cubs fans. I got a few texts from my Cub friends and they were congratulating Mark on his achievement. I wouldn't let this one idiot spoil the whole bunch for you.

TornLabrum
07-24-2009, 03:56 PM
I read the subject and thought, "So, what else is new?"

JohnTucker0814
07-24-2009, 04:02 PM
Yeah, the guys sounds like a bitter jerk. I'd be more upset with him for cheating during the golf event! You're response to him should have been,

"Sorry that you couldn't enjoy it, cause I had the time of my life watching him! Hope you have a great time watching Alfonso hop to catch a pop up and miss it, Bradley to pose after catching out #2 then throwing the ball in the stands, Fukudome collecting $11M/year while sucking, Lou trying to get off his fat ass to argue a call because the ump woke his lazy ass up... I'll sit over here and enjoy a bunch of good guys playing their ass off for us "dirty south side" fans! Enjoy your fake golf score today! Good day sir!"

Then I would have walked away singing, "It's a great day to be alive, I know the sun still shining when I close my eyes!"

Dibbs
07-24-2009, 04:07 PM
Sounds like playful banter. If he was serious, then he is just an idiot.

LITTLE NELL
07-24-2009, 04:14 PM
Sounds like playful banter. If he was serious, then he is just an idiot.
Trust me, he was serious and he is an idiot.

Railsplitter
07-24-2009, 05:17 PM
That duffer is a prime example of the term "Cub-dumb"

soxfan43
07-24-2009, 05:30 PM
Typical "wrigley" cubs fan. Clearly not a real baseball fan. Most intelligent cubs fans I knew enjoyed the perfect game. It's one of the great feats in sports. You guys see the phillies going nuts in their clubhouse watching? Also if you do make that guy play Texas rules, please let us know the course so I can stay far away.

slavko
07-24-2009, 07:39 PM
He's not plus he cheats. He is already on a short leash for fudging his handicap.

Fudging down (vanity) to cheat himself or fudging up to cheat you?

WhiteSox1989
07-24-2009, 07:51 PM
I will say a couple of my Cub fan co-workers were pretty good about it, while some just ignored me all together. One of the guys actually even bought me the paper.:D:

Last night when I was out I was wearing my Buehrle jersey and some guy passing me screams, "Cubbies!"

I simply just stared at him for 10 seconds and shook my head.

LITTLE NELL
07-24-2009, 08:18 PM
Fudging down (vanity) to cheat himself or fudging up to cheat you?
He's a sandbagger to nth degree, does'nt post a lot of his good scores, will also miss a putt if his team does'nt need it for team score.
Will nudge the ball on the fairway. Also have to watch how he marks his ball on the green, been known to pick up a few inches when he lays down and picks up his mark.

soxfan43
07-24-2009, 08:26 PM
He's a sandbagger to nth degree, does'nt post a lot of his good scores, will also miss a putt if his team does'nt need it for team score.
Will nudge the ball on the fairway. Also have to watch how he marks his ball on the green, been known to pick up a few inches when he lays down and picks up his mark.

Ha. sounds like a great guy to play with. I have to literally watch my Dad post his good scores to make sure he does it.

cub killer
07-24-2009, 10:37 PM
Sounds like you pwned him good. Sox fans will always outsmart cub fans.

I hope you were wearing your hat that says 2005 World Series Champions. He could read that and weep

slavko
07-24-2009, 10:58 PM

I've seen all these acts before and I would not bet with the guy under any circumstances. Friendships have been broken over less. The ball marking BS is a good call if you watch it out the corner of your eye (pretend to be doing something else, talk to someone) and call it before he putts. Jerks mark in front, replace in front if you don't watch.

Watch the ball nudging out the corner of your eye, call it at once, add a stroke. This guy is not your friend. To be fair, a lot of OF players allow nudging, but you are not an OF.

LITTLE NELL
07-25-2009, 06:12 AM
Sounds like you pwned him good. Sox fans will always outsmart cub fans.

I hope you were wearing your hat that says 2005 World Series Champions. He could read that and weep
Had on one of my Sox golf caps, always wear a Sox hat the next day after a special day for the Sox. I also own a pair of My Joys golf shoes with the Sox logo.

forrestg
07-25-2009, 11:03 AM
He probably has a corked driver too.

PatK
07-25-2009, 12:46 PM
He probably has a corked driver too.

lol