PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetical Manuel Tirade

RKMeibalane
06-05-2002, 05:29 AM
The following is a possible Jerry Manuel tirade. It is modeled after a halftime speech made by Bob Knight during his Indiana days.

"If you don't wanna' play then I'm getting the **** out of here. I mean if you're not going to hit a baseball, Royce Clayton, if you're just going to let the ball go by you, if you pitchers are going to let guys crowd the plate without one guy throwing at them, then I'm leaving, and you ****ing guys will run until you can't eat supper. Now, I'm tired of this ****! I'm sick and ****ing tired of a .500 record. I sick and tired of losing to Kansas City. I'm not here to **** around this week. Now, you may be, but I'm not. Now, I'll ****ing guarantee you, if we don't play well tomorrow night, you all aren't going to believe the next four ****ing days. I am not here to get my ass beat on Wednesday. Now, you better ****ing understand that right now. This is absolute ****ing bull****. I'll ****ing run your asses right into the ground. You'll think Anaheim was a ****ing picnic. I had to sit around for a year with a ****ing 83-79 record in this ****ing league. And I mean you will not put me in that ****ing position again, or you will goddamn pay for it like you can't ****ing believe. Now, you better get your heads out of your asses."

yyz
06-05-2002, 02:43 PM
Absolutely hilarious.

I think you can find the original here:

http://www.nsxfiles.com/images/Bobby_Knight.wma

KingXerxes
06-05-2002, 02:57 PM
:jerry

"Friends......our play - much like that of the lotus blossom - needs light to shine upon it in order to reach its full potential. The light within us, the light that is us, must be allowed to eminate to all of those around us in order for all to bask in the brightness that is our own unique individuality and yet - mystifyingly - combined with a spirit of sacrifice that can only lead to a successful team effort."

Spiff
06-05-2002, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by KingXerxes
:jerry

"Friends......our play - much like that of the lotus blossom - needs light to shine upon it in order to reach its full potential. The light within us, the light that is us, must be allowed to eminate to all of those around us in order for all to bask in the brightness that is our own unique individuality and yet - mystifyingly - combined with a spirit of sacrifice that can only lead to a successful team effort."

Haha, good stuff. :D: