PDA

View Full Version : 27 up, 27 down

doublem23
07-24-2009, 02:48 AM
MLB.com posted a compilation of all 27 outs.

http://mlb.mlb.com/media/video.jsp?content_id=5699295

It's 5 1/2 minutes you won't mind spending. :D:

chisoxfanatic
07-24-2009, 02:49 AM
They showed a condensed version of this on Sports Center.

GoGoCrede
07-24-2009, 02:51 AM
Beckham made a nice catch. I love how he casually walked off the field, as though it was the easiest thing in the world.

BigP50
07-24-2009, 02:52 AM
Beckham made a nice catch. I love how he casually walked off the field, as though it was the easiest thing in the world.

On the Burell liner?

oeo
07-24-2009, 02:59 AM
On the Burell liner?

It didn't look like it was hit very hard. I personally liked his two plays in the 6th. Shades of Joe Crede making a couple of tough plays look extremely easy.

GoGoCrede
07-24-2009, 03:01 AM
On the Burell liner?

Yep.

It didn't look like it was hit very hard. I personally liked his two plays in the 6th. Shades of Joe Crede making a couple of tough plays look extremely easy.

I agree, but my heart nearly stopped on the ball right before the catch that went foul.

chisoxfanatic
07-24-2009, 03:03 AM
I agree, but my heart nearly stopped on the ball right before the catch that went foul.
That was SO CLOSE that Diaz could've called it either way! :o:

The fact that it was INCHES from the foul line on the foul side, and Diaz quickly signaled the out was outstanding umping on his part!

doublem23
07-24-2009, 03:05 AM

I was at home, but the swing that stopped my heart was Kapler's foul ball just before the Dewayne Wise catch. Once they showed the trajectory of the ball, I realized it was well foul, but the fact that it looked like he got some good wood on that ball made me think he lined one into the gap or worse.

I had also called my dad to make sure he was watching the game before the 9th. I thought I had jinxed it. :redface:

BigP50
07-24-2009, 03:06 AM

I thought that was gonna be a liner over Alexei's head when it was first but then Beckham had it and he was cool, calm and collected :cool:

oeo
07-24-2009, 03:09 AM
I thought that was gonna be a liner over Alexei's head when it was first but then Beckham had it and he was cool, calm and collective :cool:

Ah, watching on TV probably would have scared the **** out of me, too.

Sitting in right field, the one that really scared me (besides Wise's catch), was that little swinging bunt by Zobrist. Couldn't tell where it was at, I thought that was it.

doublem23
07-24-2009, 03:14 AM
Sitting in right field, the one that really scared me (besides Wise's catch), was that little swinging bunt by Zobrist. Couldn't tell where it was at, I thought that was it.

That was also a horrifying moment, you could tell it was going to roll foul, but I've seen balls before kick back into fair territory when they hit the lip of the grass alongside the baseline.

BigP50
07-24-2009, 03:14 AM
Ah, watching on TV probably would have scared the **** out of me, too.

yea on TV at first contact it seemed like it was gonna be a little jam shot in very short Left, but then they changed the camera and I started breathing again

hawkjt
07-24-2009, 03:23 AM
I perfect game per over 21,000 MLB start...MB will be due for his next perfecto in about 700 years...he will be old...but will still have movement on his pitches.